Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Does anyone know what outlets have these lunargrands

http://www.colehaan.com/colehaan/catalog/product.jsp?catId=100&productId=533814&productGroup=528818

please someone help!!

Got my LunarGrands, bring on Spring. Away you cold weather you, away!

Sick pickup my man! I've been wanting those myself :lol:

@fiasco, those Lunargrands are fairly new, they won't reach outlets for awhile (if they ever do)

Again, thanks for the info. Now I know what to suggest tomorrow when I go visit my seamstress.

This thread really doesn't deserve all the negative flack it catches.
I didn't even know NTers dislike the thread this much until K mentioned it a while back. I encourage the gents in here just to ignore those individuals and just focus on themselves. This advice was given to me, and it worked pretty well for me in life in general. The vibe has been positive overall in this thread, which I'm happy about. We do get a troll now and then, but I'm sure the mods take care of them as they come.

Good luck on your tailoring trip. It also depends on your tailor and her ability to do what you ask. Some of them are old school minded and have a perception that suits should be relaxed fitting, ie like the ones in Gangster Squad. I had one of those before and I showed him pictures of how I wanted it to be, he didn't want to do it. I left. No point in risking him butchering a suit he didn't have an idea of.

Edit: here's a before and after pictures of Adrian on his suit

http://24.media.tumblr.com/a84b49643ccc758eff713dc7f54c47ff/tumblr_mgalejRNwC1rux7jzo2_500.jpg

If you post up pics, I'm sure we can help you out further.

Last edited:
Burberry outlets tend not to have the tradition trench colors though. You'll end up with like a green one or something. That said they are often on sale on sights like gilt and Ruelala. You just need a quick trigger finger

My outlet always has good stuff when they have it. Asian tourist usually run through everything though.

So I have an idea for the next challenge, how about we grab one piece of clothing and do 3 different spins on it, formal, nightclub, casual?...I'm gonna do it anyways with one if my kid low jackets, I seem GQ do it, thought it would be cool and inspiring, I know not all of us own a suitjacket, so I guess those can do a shirt or pair of pants...

So I have an idea for the next challenge, how about we grab one piece of clothing and do 3 different spins on it, formal, nightclub, casual?...I'm gonna do it anyways with one if my kid low jackets, I seem GQ do it, thought it would be cool and inspiring, I know not all of us own a suitjacket, so I guess those can do a shirt or pair of pants...

Great idea man.

The art of layering & The classic outerwear are the two best so far IMO

Great idea man.

That would be a dope challenge. Showing how versatile items are.

Great idea man.

That would be a dope challenge. Showing how versatile items are.

Yep I think that's a great idea too :smokin

Edit: saw this on Dappered just now, I dunno how many of you guys use Bespoke Post or any of the other similar comanies that box items and send them to you every month but this one seems like a good value for 45$, Saphir shoe polish kit

http://dappered.com/2013/01/win-it-bespoke-posts-polished-box/

Last edited:

StyleBlogger does this all the time called 1-piece/3-way or 5-way. IIRC he has done it with a tux jacket, different colored suits where he separates them, camel coat, etc... even an umbrella. It would be interesting to see NTs take on the challenge.

Most recently he did it with a vintage shearling bomber:

Last edited:
Article or little snippet on suits & sneakers at Hypebeast.com.

As Hypebeast’s readership continues to grow, so does the size of our inbox. From props and complaints, to line sheets, aspiring brands and PR companies, we are constantly getting hit up by many of our loyal readers for various reasons. We’re making a conscious effort to respond to all of you guys and with the help of our contributing editor and native New Yorker, Robert Marshall, we’re creating a new op-ed installment titled ‘ILL-FITS.’ Primarily intended to answer the messages from all of you style advice seekers, Robert Marshall will tackle one of your questions and we’ll post it up here for you to contribute to the discussion.

Call me old-fashioned, but I have trouble understanding why men pair a finely tailored suit with sneakers intended for superior athletic output. Can you explain its purpose and do you think it’s a trend that’s here to stay?

Its purpose is twofold, both in style and function. What must be said however is this coupling of a suit and a pair of technically-sound sneakers is really just a contemporary reproduction of an ongoing trend. Although its inception is difficult to pinpoint, its emergence can likely be traced to the casual revolution of the mid 20th century where men could be seen sporting a suit atop iconic silhouettes like the Chuck Taylor All Star. Many see this relaxed choice of dress as quirky, facetious or even immature, and it’s generally reserved for those that carry a disdain for the bureaucracies and insecurities of fashion. What’s more is that although it playfully tones down the formality of a suit, this clashing of dress-codes also serves as a benefit for those that travel by foot dressed throughout the day in a stifling jacket and pair of trousers. Typically speaking, opting for your tennis shoes will prove to be much more comfortable on your tired dogs than a pair of dress shoes when trekking through a sprawling metropolis. As far as the recent transition to innovative athletic sneakers like Nike’s Flyknit model is concern, it’s just a natural progression of a decades-old trend. With a new wave of lighter, more comfortable models being produced, each release offers a modern alternative to this bold style statement.

In regards to its future existence, it’s truly difficult to say whether a trend or style of dress will fade to obscurity or continue to grow engulfing a number of similarly positioned fashion choices. I do however think its prevalence depends on the footwear industry’s ability to craft products based on the needs of the contemporary man rather than recycled silhouettes with outdated materials. What I mean by that is this outfit selection is not only one of exploration, but also a purposeful cry for utilitarian designs that compliment our expanding lifestyles. If one were to put its ears to the runway you’d find that men still possess an innate, no-frills attitude when it comes to clothing – a trait often neglected in women. So until shoemakers begin to understand that men don’t just want to look great, they want to feel great as well; I think the notion to pair innovative sneakers with a bespoke suit will continue to be a common occurrence especially during the forthcoming warmer months. Despite that, brands like Cole Haan represents a growing market segment that not only creates with style in mind but versatility as well.

Ok so what's the next challenge? Black challenge or 3 the hard way Challenge?

And will it start?

opinions please...i get that variety is important but would some of you say tis better to own a few high quality pieces or a decent amount of cheaper pieces?

this is mostly in regard to suits...like 2 more expensive basic ones vs. 4 or 5 cheaper ones...

if anyone is interested in the cole haan lunargrands in the 3m reflective grey colorway they just hit the outlets for $195. Theres a florida outlet with a FSR.

opinions please...i get that variety is important but would some of you say tis better to own a few high quality pieces or a decent amount of cheaper pieces?

this is mostly in regard to suits...like 2 more expensive basic ones vs. 4 or 5 cheaper ones...

"Expensive" is the wrong term, you need to look for good to great quality. I say get 2 very good quality suit in versatile colors/materials. Chances are good that at work you can switch back and forth between a navy and charcoal suit w/o a problem (Navy=Monday&Wednesday and Charcoal=Tuesday&Thursday, or vice versa) and just change it up with different combinations of shirt, tie, belt and shoes everyday.

with suits its more about the fit than anything else. personally i think its better to have a relatively inexpensive well fitting suit than a canali choppa suit

thanks for the input bros

* anybody ever get any suits from nordstrom rack, nm last call, or off saks ?

Last edited:
is the cartier love bracelet unisex? i think it looks great but kind of feminine. i would get one if it were thicker

More expensive suits, denim should be more expensive usually too. (If you're using them to dress up) Then again, you shouldn't be looking for "expensive." You should be looking for things that are high quality and fit well, they don't necessarily have to be expensive. You just want quality.
As a matter of fact, it seems that a lot of the time cheaper stuff can be better.
I think for regular things like cardigans, sweaters, etc you can get away with H&M and GAP stuff though. H&M is cheap and most products reflect that but it's hard to notice unless you're the one wearing it honestly. :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom