Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Hey guys, so I posted a couple days ago about attire for a last minute interview. I was really on the fence about paying for a suit since I wasn't really that prepared financially to do so. Anyway I grew a pair and went to h&m and got a really cheap slim suit for $90.
How does this fit look? This is what I posted on my IG earlier.

Also the interview went well if you care. Lol Follow me on IG too: LT_Junior

Hey guys, so I posted a couple days ago about attire for a last minute interview. I was really on the fence about paying for a suit since I wasn't really that prepared financially to do so. Anyway I grew a pair and went to h&m and got a really cheap slim suit for $90.

Not much of an expert, but I like the look. I'm about to buy a quick cheap suit also, I guess I have to go to H&M now. Liking the fit of it. 

Do any of you guys have any recommendations on where to get a tie bar and pocket square for real cheap in the NYC area. Does H&M carry them?

doesn't look too bad. can't really tell from the pictures but it looks like the sleeves could be shortened

The fit was the best I could do for off the rack so I was pleased with the look. The sleeves were definitely too long but it's somethin I can have altered soon

The fit was the best I could do for off the rack so I was pleased with the look. The sleeves were definitely too long but it's somethin I can have altered soon

Yeah bro, if thats OTR last minute then it fits great...the sleeves look a bit too long and maybe you could get the pants hemmed an inch or half inch (depending on if you like break or not) but thats minor stuff that nobody would notice, nice outfit though....glad your interview went well for you too

And Steezy those adidas look awesome man, I need another pair of shoes to rock in the summer besides Purcells may have to look into those

Last edited:

Definitely agree with everyone else, you definitely got a good buy there. My only recommendation is that your tie should be a little bit slimmer.

Great gesture, man. Thanks! Only if that was a size 31 :lol:

Definitely...I don't know how they run but I'm a 36 otherwise I'd be on it.

To all my bracelet wearers: What wrist do you rock them on? Your left wrist with your watch or your right wrist? I wasn't sure if there was an appropriate wrist to wear them on.

On the right since I wear my watch on my left hand. I have a bracelet I keep on all the time due to the fact that my parents gave it to me, it's my alma-mater's colors with my name and school shorthand name.

Any chance some of you guys would post your wedding bands? Looking for ideas…….thats dressing better right? lol

Went with Tungsten as well with silver inlay...here is a better pic

amazon prime FTW

Best $79 a year I've ever spent. My wife orders so much stuff from them for work and school that it pays for itself frankly.

where should you place a lapel pin on a suit? (Does it go in the buttonhole on the left) or elsewhere bc ive seen others place there pin slightly above it.

I've always seen it in the lapel hole and that's where I usually wear mine as well.

While this is true, if its damn cold out, I'd say throw it on. TypeR, you're from jersey aren't you? You've seen the crap we've had to deal with the past few days. :smh:

The roads are crazy out there, it took me about 2 hours and 15 minutes to get home today, on a drive that usually takes about an hour tops.

Last edited:
What kind of tees are you guys wearing for the spring/summer? Last year I pretty much rocked with the J. Crew jaspe tees - but I feel like I can find something better for $45 a shirt.

Do any of you guys have any recommendations on where to get a tie bar and pocket square for real cheap in the NYC area. Does H&M carry them?
Not in NYC but I got both a tie bar and a pocket square from thetiebar.com and I couldn't be happier with my purchase. And with priority mail I got my order 2 days after I placed it.

This looks awesome man!

Love the advice, flow of this thread. I'd participate more but I'm typically just in jeans and a plain t with some free runs...still in undergrad.

I'm looking to buy a pair of lightwashed denim and i was just curious of brands/fits to try. Budget, under $100 preferably. I have a larger seat as well as bigger thighs, very athletic build...I like the fit of levis 511 but it seems like every pair i try on fit different and I haven't found a pair in a lighter wash that I like. Any recommendations would be great!

Love the advice, flow of this thread. I'd participate more but I'm typically just in jeans and a plain t with some free runs...still in undergrad.

I'm looking to buy a pair of lightwashed denim and i was just curious of brands/fits to try. Budget, under $100 preferably. I have a larger seat as well as bigger thighs, very athletic build...I like the fit of levis 511 but it seems like every pair i try on fit different and I haven't found a pair in a lighter wash that I like. Any recommendations would be great!

There's a few of us undergrads in here bro.... and no pair of 511s fits the same, it's quite interesting :lol:

Try GAP or J Crew for the light wash denim man. I actually saw some nice light washes when I was in Gap 3 days ago. Didn't expect their denim to be as nice as it was honestly.

I would look into Levi 508's. They're slim/tapered below the knee but roomy around the thighs. good fit imo

Hey_

UPS just dropped off a navy 100% unstructured cotton blazer by L.B.M. 1911,

feelin' my purchase right now.

Julius F. Wrek

Hey_

Nice look.

Your neck wear is a much wider than your jacket's lapels,

a slimmer tie would be much more fitting.

Julius F. Wrek

There's a few of us undergrads in here bro.... and no pair of 511s fits the same, it's quite interesting :lol:

Try GAP or J Crew for the light wash denim man. I actually saw some nice light washes when I was in Gap 3 days ago. Didn't expect their denim to be as nice as it was honestly.

Thanks! Any recommended fits/styles? I saw steezy post about the 484's from jcrew but then someone else said they were real tight. I'll have to check out GAP next time I'm at the mall, closest jcrew is about an hour away but I'll see what they got soon!

Thanks! Any recommended fits/styles? I saw steezy post about the 484's from jcrew but then someone else said they were real tight. I'll have to check out GAP next time I'm at the mall, closest jcrew is about an hour away but I'll see what they got soon!

Depending on what type of fit you are looking for,Express keeps light washes in stock in a variety of different fits and can usually be had for around 50-60$..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom