Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Anyone looking at those Adidas Spezials, I saw them at the Adidas store in Tysons (nova) this past weekend and they had a sale going for 50% off certain shoes. Those shoes were one of them included in the sale, in every cw. $38 and change, I kind of regret not buying but I'm also still recovering from that Miami trip :lol:

Depending on what type of fit you are looking for,Express keeps light washes in stock in a variety of different fits and can usually be had for around 50-60$..

I'm looking for a slim/tapered fit. Roughly a 7-8 inch leg opening, but nothing that will be super tight. I'll be sure to check express as well! Thanks man!

This thread is moving :pimp:

I'll revisit when time permits.

Today:

Also....can't thank Mike enough!

There's a few of us undergrads in here bro.... and no pair of 511s fits the same, it's quite interesting :lol:

Try GAP or J Crew for the light wash denim man. I actually saw some nice light washes when I was in Gap 3 days ago. Didn't expect their denim to be as nice as it was honestly.

Thanks! Any recommended fits/styles? I saw steezy post about the 484's from jcrew but then someone else said they were real tight. I'll have to check out GAP next time I'm at the mall, closest jcrew is about an hour away but I'll see what they got soon!

Like Melo said I really think you should try the levi 508s. I'm the same as you, athletic build and my 508s a near perfect fit on me. Fitted around the waist and thighs but not too tight, and taper perfectly for my style

Almost caught up when I saw this. Sale was pretty bad, it was much better last week when card holders got 30% on top of current sales/mark-downs. Seems like everything was full price with 40% plus additional 10%. Walked in, walked out. Which is rare. :lol:

Need to hit up suit supply when I go to NY, but might risk doing it by phone. Need a navy suit.

Need to figure out a way to get these 11's.

Love the 508's but they don't compare to my now lone pair of 521's. wore them all weekend in Vegas (black). 514's are also ok. I taper them from thigh to ankle but leave the leg opening alone, perfect for sneakers. Wear 508's and 521's exclusively with low profile shoes.

Last edited:
Pinoy

When is that BR 40% off over or start?

And Is it only if you have that coupon...

Ends tomorrow and its not a coupon. It's a store wide sale, it's the reason why it was underwhelming. BR stuff is usually marked down 25-40% so when they have an F&F or cardholder coupon sale (last week) you can stack, that's when you buy. I recommend passing but up to you. I've become a fan of their slim stretch fit shirts.

Last edited:
if its all you have wear the suit. if you get the job you are going to need to diversify

+1. You have to go with the black suit for this interview since it is all that you have.

Hey guys, so I posted a couple days ago about attire for a last minute interview. I was really on the fence about paying for a suit since I wasn't really that prepared financially to do so. Anyway I grew a pair and went to h&m and got a really cheap slim suit for $90.
How does this fit look? This is what I posted on my IG earlier.

Looks pretty good and I have to echo what everyone else says: Shorten the sleeves, hem the pants length and rock a slimmer tie then you're Gucci. My man looks like he's taking draft day photoshoot pictures with that ball in his hand. All he needs is his new team's hat :lol:

Last edited:
Hey guys,

I have been a constant visitor (i.e. lurker :nerd: ) to the DB thread since about August.

I decided to make an account and will start posting some fits very soon.

I am excited to join and share my style.

welcome bruh.

Me and NCTwin were talking today about AF1s. They were so popular in the early to mid 2000s, like any decent colorway would sell. And the all whites were impossible to keep in stock at stores. I'm semi tempted to buy a pair of all white lows and see what I can do with them.

Also, dudes...we need to decide on a new challenge soon :lol:

My 2 are:

pocket squares (I'm sure some would throw them into waist coats, vests, topcoat, etc.)

Outerwear, including suit jackets, blazers, peacoats, topcoats, etc.

Any suggestions from the gents are welcome.

Also, not sure if anyone wants to carry this motion, but let's make Fridays sneaker day. I got this idea from Carlin since he rocked Jordans for the last few Fridays.

i love air force ones. rock them all the time. i say they should be worn with longer jeans to get a nice stacking effect.

Hey guys, so I posted a couple days ago about attire for a last minute interview. I was really on the fence about paying for a suit since I wasn't really that prepared financially to do so. Anyway I grew a pair and went to h&m and got a really cheap slim suit for $90.
How does this fit look? This is what I posted on my IG earlier.

Also the interview went well if you care. Lol Follow me on IG too: LT_Junior

smooth for last minute

Anyone know if the BB corporate discount works at their factory stores?

And also, are the factory suits really as poor as the internet says?

Anyone know if the BB corporate discount works at their factory stores?

And also, are the factory suits really as poor as the internet says?

No it doesn't work in the factory stores or on sale items. They have some ok standard suits in the factory stores. More of your basic black/charcoal/navy suits. The nicer suits are in their regular locations. Still some ok deals in the factory stores tho...

Been looking for a double monk. I came across these at JCP (http://www.jcpenney.com/dotcom/shoe...d=dept20000014&dimCombo=null&dimComboVal=null

The toe box is ideal, not too boxy or pointy. Only $60, I'm guessing quality and durability is not up there with the likes of AE. I seldom need to wear dressy shoes but when I do I want it to be a double monk. Anyone have this pair or can recommend another double monk for at most $150?

Saw it this past weekend, had a $10 off $50 deal going and frankly the leather looked and felt cheap. The Stafford brand shoes have much better leather than the Clairborne ones.

What are some good cameras? Y'all recommend for pics trying to do a look book
You might get a more informed response in the photography thread. Also, a price range would help, but if you're only looking to use it for a lookbook you can probably just get a Canon p&s as opposed to a DSLR which some of the guys in this thread use

sup bros, got all the things from the TSB contest!...thanks once again bros, ill be setting up a thread to give away the voucher i got for the sunglasses since thats something anyone can go on the site and pick what they want, stay tuned.

these things are a beauty

sup bros, got all the things from the TSB contest!...thanks once again bros, ill be setting up a thread to give away the voucher i got for the sunglasses since thats something anyone can go on the site and pick what they want, stay tuned.

these things are a beauty

Those are damn sexy!! Congrats again!

Back
Top Bottom