Dressing Better Vol 2.0

I'm strapped bros

Last edited:
Barneys canceled my first order so I went for a bigger size **crosses fingers**
Barneys needs to shell out $35-40k and hire a dedicated helper. Their online presence has always been HORRIBLE. Sometimes they would list the size as 44, or 48, and doesn't indicate if that's US or UK or IT. Furthermore, I'm not sure why their inventory is not live. There's been times I order an item, and 5 days later I get a cancellation email :smh:

Agreed. Their online store is so archaic and unnecessary. Surely a company of their stature can do better.

Just look at Need Supply Co. Love their online store.

So Im going to take a pair of pants to the tailor to get hemmed. What should I ask for besides the obvious length i want? And will the pants look weird ft i only get them hemmed and not tapered too? Dont want the leg opening to be od large.

So Im going to take a pair of pants to the tailor to get hemmed. What should I ask for besides the obvious length i want? And will the pants look weird ft i only get them hemmed and not tapered too? Dont want the leg opening to be od large.

Getting them tapered is best, but you need to make sure your tailor is good. Recutting the pants is a tricky thing, and if they aren't able to do it right, you can have a pair of pants that look and/or fit weird, despite how slim they end up.

Dudes, I think I'm going to peacock out that camo fabric in a jacket form...double breasted, gold buttons, suede elbow patches :lol: I may be joining Dwade, Westbrook, and Greg the announcer soon.

Hey_

Dudes, I think I'm going to peacock out that camo fabric in a jacket form...double breasted, gold buttons, suede elbow patches :lol: I may be joining Dwade, Westbrook, and Greg the announcer soon.

Go on and get your Craig Sager on bruh.

Julius F. Wrek

I ended buying a suit for prom instead of renting a tux and I'm glad I made that decision. First time wearing a suit.
Looks good for the most part, young lad. Couple of things though: Looks like you attempted a full windsor knot? A half would suffice since your collar is a regular straight collar, and not spread/wide. You also want to pull the knot to the top of the collar so there's no gap.

Your trousers...are they chinos or trousers? Only asking since the rise is pretty low for trousers, and I don't see the crease line.

Great touch on the pocket square. Not bad at all for high school. We went to Homecoming and Prom in some super baggy dress shirt, sagging chinos and white low top AF1s :smh:

Looks good for the most part, young lad. Couple of things though: Looks like you attempted a full windsor knot? A half would suffice since your collar is a regular straight collar, and not spread/wide. You also want to pull the knot to the top of the collar so there's no gap.

Your trousers...are they chinos or trousers? Only asking since the rise is pretty low for trousers, and I don't see the crease line.

Great touch on the pocket square. Not bad at all for high school. We went to Homecoming and Prom in some super baggy dress shirt, sagging chinos and white low top AF1s :smh:

Thanks for the tie tip, this is the first year I started using ties and dressing formal so it's kind of a new thing for me. I think they were chinos, I got them from J.Crew. Besides my friends and I, the rest of the school was dressing kind of baggy. One kid was even wearing jordans with his suit.

every Urban Outfitters?

I think so, was sent an email about the sale so I went and checked it today. I went to 2 in Los Angeles and both had the sale. Of course would be safest to call your location.

Edit: Just checked their website and the main page shows a flyer advertising the sale so it must be all stores

Last edited:
Thanks for the tie tip, this is the first year I started using ties and dressing formal so it's kind of a new thing for me. I think they were chinos, I got them from J.Crew. Besides my friends and I, the rest of the school was dressing kind of baggy. One kid was even wearing jordans with his suit.
:lol: I was class of 2003 from high school when the jersey craze was in full effect. Enough said.

You're already ahead of the game. You'll be really styling in college soon if you keep learning the basics.

Last edited:
I think so, was sent an email about the sale so I went and checked it today. I went to 2 in Los Angeles and both had the sale. Of course would be safest to call your location.

Edit: Just checked their website and the main page shows a flyer advertising the sale so it must be all stores
nice. Gonna hit one up tommorow morning

If anyone is looking for a super cheap pair of slim fit camo pants hit up Rue 21,I'm sure the quality isn't good but for 25 bucks they would probably be serviceable I was actually impressed,light weight with riveted buttons..

Last edited:
Gotta hit Urban, really been finding some deals there lately on the sale rack.

Not that it's Disney but I had the Bugs Bunny jersey and all when Spacejam came out :pimp:

Ok sounds like a plan. I think it was Rob who first wore a suit with the life size mirror next to him. Since then someone else's been wearing a suit, right?

I like the idea, I know it was Rob, Adrian, you then I, so whoever wants to take it from here, that'll be great.

That camo jacket...is a bit much lol

I like the idea, I know it was Rob, Adrian, you then I, so whoever wants to take it from here, that'll be great.

I dont really like any of the suits I have
mean.gif

I have one on order from black lapel, so I will be busting that out asap when I get it

My man :pimp:
:rofl: Will they give you the option to customize the jacket? I'd be interested to see his this looked
Oh yeah. You can pick the types of buttons, body style, full lined/partially lined, center/single vented, etc.

:lol: the jacket is definitely not for everyone, but man...I really like it.

The idea of the challenge is not really to designate who the next person should be wearing a suit, but more like anyone can pick it up at will. It can even be the same person wearing a suit 2 days in a row as long as the 'hot potato' doesn't get dropped :lol:

Back
Top Bottom