Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Cot damn...36x29 with a 7.5" hem opening? I can't even picture it.

impromptu 3am bathroom photoshoot :lol:

and look at how they still break on my JPs! :lol:

I've never worn them cause they feel a little too slim. I bought them when I was about 220 pounds and they were tighttttt. I'm 205 right now. maybe when I lose another 10 pounds... what yall think?

this is me in April 2012 at around 245 :smh: :wow:

Last edited:

I've never worn them cause they feel a little too slim. I bought them when I was about 220 pounds and they were tighttttt. I'm 205 right now. maybe when I lose another 10 pounds... what yall think?

They look good but you dont look 6'1". must be the angle.

Last edited:
A, I know that can't be all of your sneaker collection, I think it'd be cool to see some of your guy's sneakers

A, I know that can't be all of your sneaker collection, I think it'd be cool to see some of your guy's sneakers
That was a collection pic from like 2007 or so. I sold most of the heat in that picture but still have 30 pairs lying around. Give or take.
Btw, those filipino's were not sold. Does not matter if I never wear them again, those are my holy grails. Will keep til the day I die :pimp:

That was a collection pic from like 2007 or so. I sold most of the heat in that picture but still have 30 pairs lying around. Give or take.
Btw, those filipino's were not sold. Does not matter if I never wear them again, those are my holy grails. Will keep til the day I die :pimp:
You need to wear them when Pacman fights :pimp:

Today:

I sold all of my Nikes and Jordans back in the late 2000s. It was crazy back then, some of my friends (former NTers) would spend their financial aid checks buying those Supreme Dunks and all. Luckily, I was able to unload most of my limited stuff at the peak of the SB craze. After that, I just wore Chucks for a while.

Bruh, my EXACT problem with suit jackets, man. The bunch on the biceps are almost inevitable. Regular or slim jackets, even when I size up and get it worked on. The only big arms guy i've seen with minimal bunch is Shannon Sharpe and im certain he's bespoke from head to toe.

I was with GAGJr, tried on his jacket. We're the same 42R....i added 3 years to his sleeves when i took em off. :lol:

Last edited:
Cot damn...36x29 with a 7.5" hem opening? I can't even picture it.

Shirt looks a little tight. Are you even able to button the top comfortably? :lol:

Cool fit tho.

Bruh, my EXACT problem with suit jackets, man. The bunch on the biceps are almost inevitable. Regular or slim jackets, even when I size up and get it worked on. The only big arms guy i've seen with minimal bunch is Shannon Sharpe and im certain he's bespoke from head to toe.

I was with GAGJr, tried on his jacket. We're the same 42R....i added 3 years to his sleeves when i took em off. :lol:

we should have taken a picture. your struggle is real as %#$@ son

You need to wear them when Pacman fights :pimp:

Today:

I sold all of my Nikes and Jordans back in the late 2000s. It was crazy back then, some of my friends (former NTers) would spend their financial aid checks buying those Supreme Dunks and all. Luckily, I was able to unload most of my limited stuff at the peak of the SB craze. After that, I just wore Chucks for a while.

Jus curious Wis how old are u? I'm 25 now and really considering getting rid of almost everything. I have a lot going on in my life and I have already reduced my collection dramatically but its still a big piece of my life just because it is kinda something I worked really hard to build. As I'm growing and maturing I'm realizing I have no need for so many sneaks I guess its just a bad habit to break.

I really don't understand why people sell their whole collection just because they're not as into it as they used to be.

I really don't understand why people sell their whole collection just because they're not as into it as they used to be.

Because if you are not going to wear them anymore then it just becomes a waste of space. As you can see, for the most part, the collector or shoe enthusiasm doesn't go away and most just buy different types of shoes so you really need to make space for new pairs.

Plus if it can fetch you a few hundred of $$$ to help you move on to better things that interest you, then why not?

Ain't nobody got space for that
Money can also be used for better things.

Edit:RFX just ninja'd me

Last edited:
I guess it just stems from my regrets of selling shoes over the years. In my mind I had the same rationale - like I'm never gonna wear these but my interests shift and I realized I would wear certain shoes everyone once and a while to this day. I'm just wishing I never got into selling shoes and retained everything I had :lol: but that's just me

had a gucci wallet for about 2 years...then it started to fall apart :smh:

now i have a small Saddleback bifold wallet in chestnut :pimp:
I have had a Gucci wallet for the past 10 years...bc I never used it!! Lol I abuse my wallet always so in the time I have had that wallet I have torn through 3 coach wallets. Spending $300+ on a wallet was a mistake for me but if you don't keep it in your pocket then you may be ok.

Because if you are not going to wear them anymore then it just becomes a waste of space. As you can see, for the most part, the collector or shoe enthusiasm doesn't go away and most just buy different types of shoes so you really need to make space for new pairs.

Plus if it can fetch you a few hundred of $$$ to help you move on to better things that interest you, then why not?
I sold all my kicks bc eventually things yellow. And I didn't want them to depreciate in value before I was able to sell them. I would be pissed if I had a $300 pair of shoes that went yellow and I never even wore them.
But I did sell them and bought newer stuff =)

Last edited:
sheep. This thread be giving folk entitled e-personas. Dressing Better is a fad for most of this thread. 

There's no balance. It's "dressing better" 100% or nothing when it can easily be 50/50 like sarg does with his Kobes.

Wis be lying cause he just picked up some J's and has some KDs, sure, he's wearing them with high water shorts, but his inner sneaker love is still peaking thru.

You wont change my mind and I wont try and change yours but "dressing better" doesn't give you an identity just cause you start wearing smedium shorts and shirts, and suits for recreational activities.

End Rant. 

Thank you Sarg for the input on suits through PM. Bought 2. Brooks and one being made by a tailor in downtown.

Jus curious Wis how old are u? I'm 25 now and really considering getting rid of almost everything. I have a lot going on in my life and I have already reduced my collection dramatically but its still a big piece of my life just because it is kinda something I worked really hard to build. As I'm growing and maturing I'm realizing I have no need for so many sneaks I guess its just a bad habit to break.
I'm 27. Will turn 28 in Nov.

I was at a point where I almost rented a storage for my sneakers. I used the money to spend on going out with friends and started buying new clothes after the weight lost. My close friends got out of the collecting thing around the same time. I remember we used to drive around skate shops looking for the newest SBs :lol:

I'll still buy sneakers at retail if I like them but no way am I paying over retail for anything.

I understand your sentimental. Sneakers are what got me interested in fashion. This is why I doubled on the black, white, and red 13s and black, red 11s. Those were childhood favs for me. But I don't buy every release or hyped strike or whatever anymore.

01 bred 11s financed my first pair of AEs :\
I sold those bad boys for $160 back in 2003 or something. They were worn a lot too.

sheep. This thread be giving folk entitled e-personas. Dressing Better is a fad for most of this thread. 

There's no balance. It's "dressing better" 100% or nothing when it can easily be 50/50 like sarg does with his Kobes.

Wis be lying cause he just picked up some J's and has some KDs, sure, he's wearing them with high water shorts, but his inner sneaker love is still peaking thru.

You wont change my mind and I wont try and change yours but "dressing better" doesn't give you an identity just cause you start wearing smedium shorts and shirts, and suits for recreational activities.

End Rant. 

Thank you Sarg for the input on suits through PM. Bought 2. Brooks and one being made by a tailor in downtown.
What are you talking about? I post all of my pick ups including my sneakers here. I sold my collection in the 2000s, wore Chucks for a couple of years, bought luxury sneakers when I got a professional job several years ago, started buying sneakers with those 13s several months ago. How am I lying when everything is posted here, on my blog and Instagram?

Not really sure why you're coming out with the hate when I've never attacked you.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom