Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Does anyone know how the Wabasha chukka boots by Red Wing fit?

I'm thinking about getting these but I'm not sure what the E measurement means. I wear a size 9 in jack purcells & a size 10 in Jordan's (1's & 11's)

dammit, slept on those neumoks and now the price went back to $250, $200 with the 50 off from amazon. shouldve scooped when $150 :frown: feets batman

Does anyone know how the Wabasha chukka boots by Red Wing fit?

I'm thinking about getting these but I'm not sure what the E measurement means. I wear a size 9 in jack purcells & a size 10 in Jordan's (1's & 11's)
E is the width for normal. D and E are for normal. Sometimes H is used to indicate half, so 8H may be 8.5. There are others such as EEE for wider widths. If you guys think sizing Jordans is hard, try these out when the lasts actually matter :lol:

for my db members that live in colder climate. what do you guys wear in the winter ? i guess there is no way to get around from down bombers or parkas ? any other alternatives you guys suggest ?
Top coat, pea coat, fishtail, down (puffer), etc will work. The key is to layer like Scars mentioned. Also opt for warmth fabrics like heavy weighted cotton, tweed, wool.

E is the width for normal. D and E are for normal. Sometimes H is used to indicate half, so 8H may be 8.5. There are others such as EEE for wider widths. If you guys think sizing Jordans is hard, try these out when the lasts actually matter :lol:

I was about to pull the trigger then i was like the hell does this mean? :rofl: Do you know if they run true to size Wisith? I don't want to get a 10 & end up swimming in these.

wj4, i guess i should've been asking for more stylish solutions. down parkas/coats are usually pretty puffy and blah to me, but i need to stay warm so i may not have too many options once it gets colder/snowy.

I was about to pull the trigger then i was like the hell does this mean? :rofl: Do you know if they run true to size Wisith? I don't want to get a 10 & end up swimming in these.

I have a pair of Red Wings (moc toe boots, not those wabashas) and from what I understand these are boots that are meant to be worn with thick socks. I would suggest sizing down .5. I got my Red Wings in an 11.5 and I usually wear a 12 in Nike. They fit me well with a little bit of room to spare if I do decide to wear thick socks.

I went out and bought some mink oil this weekend after reading about Pinoy732 putting some on his boots. Snow is coming tomorrow.

Pinoy, or anyone else really, did your shoes get darker after the mink oil dried (yes, I know it says that they might get darker on the label...)? They look fine on the beeswax DBs I bought but my brandy colored Polo Rangers got noticeably darker and I'm afraid they won't return to that lighter shade again.

I have a pair of Red Wings (moc toe boots, not those wabashas) and from what I understand these are boots that are meant to be worn with thick socks. I would suggest sizing down .5. I got my Red Wings in an 11.5 and I usually wear a 12 in Nike. They fit me well with a little bit of room to spare if I do decide to wear thick socks.

Ah, thanks! Looks like I'll order a 9.5. I usually wear my nike socks (I wouldn't say that they're thick) but I also have thick socks as well. Do the moc toe boots fit about the same as the Wabashas?

I went out and bought some mink oil this weekend after reading about Pinoy732 putting some on his boots. Snow is coming tomorrow.
Pinoy, or anyone else really, did your shoes get darker after the mink oil dried (yes, I know it says that they might get darker on the label...)? They look fine on the beeswax DBs I bought but my brandy colored Polo Rangers got noticeably darker and I'm afraid they won't return to that lighter shade again.
I used kiwi mink oil on my beeswax desert boots and they got slightly darker.

I also noticed they collect dust easier now and they have small silver specks on them that I dislike 
mad.gif

This past weekend I used some kiwi neutral polish with the brush on my beeswax DB and I must say that they did turn darker but I like it it =)

Repped! But you're killing my wallet :rofl: Black Friday & Christmas is taking a toll on my wallet.

I didn't even mention MrPorters sale (UP TO 50% off) where there are a some 50% off JCrew blazers and other designer brand clothings with free shipping and free returns. :D

I didn't even mention MrPorters sale (UP TO 50% off) where there are a some 50% off JCrew blazers and other designer brand clothings with free shipping and free returns. :D

Good thing the J. Crew items I wanted on that site was out of stock in my size. :rofl: How am I going to afford gifts with all these damn sales? :smh:

Good thing the J. Crew items I wanted on that site was out of stock in my size. :rofl: How am I going to afford gifts with all these damn sales? :smh:

Key is to get gifts from these sales. :D

Sorry, I'm a devils advocate when it comes to sales time. :evil:

yeah man, things definitely get darker but for me i was cool with that because my clarks were unbelievably faded and beat up, now (aside from the sole) they look new again.
i dont think your rangers will get lighter until after wearing them for a little while and the oil starts to fade out

I get mine true to size. If you plan on wearing them with thicker socks, size up .5. There are some boots out there where I've purposely sized up .5 to rock with thicker socks.

Key is to get gifts from these sales. :D
Sorry, I'm a devils advocate when it comes to sales time. :evil:
The truth. I look out for great deals throughout the year. My principle is I wouldn't give something that I wouldn't use myself so my gifts are always nice :lol:

wj4, i guess i should've been asking for more stylish solutions. down parkas/coats are usually pretty puffy and blah to me, but i need to stay warm so i may not have too many options once it gets colder/snowy.
If you don't want to wear coats in the winter time, I'm not sure what else I can recommend, man. PS not all coats are boring/traditional. Take some of hte Margiela stuff, ie peacoat with reversed collar looks pretty fresh. You can also look into chunky knits, something like an SNS Herning piece where it's built to keep the folks in Denmark warm.

Last edited:
I get mine true to size. If you plan on wearing them with thicker socks, size up .5. There are some boots out there where I've purposely sized up .5 to rock with thicker socks.
From what I understand,E Is wider than D. Keep that in mind if you still plan on buying those red wings. I know I was able to get my 1907s in a 10D so I feel like E won't work if you are standard width

Back
Top Bottom