Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Critique away..
sorry for the huge pic, don't know how to resize

Looks good! I just want to see the tie.

SirDilbert: great pickup on that blazer. Awesome fit too :pimp:

Wis: yeah man...just look below haha

Elkin: You got it fambs

anywho....my boy picked up those Black AE Macneils for me and found a pair of Merlot AE Chesters in a 9.5 D. I guess i'm going into the resell game. Those other AE's i posted before sold for $58 (bought for $13) and $50 (bought for $10). Also sold that AllSaints shirt for $10 (picked up for $2.50). I've officially made more money than I have spent on thrifting so far :lol:

Here are the latest before they hit the 'bay right after a cleaning/polish:

(Chester's came with nordstrom shoe trees that my boy's letting me keep :pimp:)

Last edited:
Awesome fit SirDilbert2k10!

Quick question, has the rugged footwear challenge started yet?
It started on Monday.

SirDilbert: looks great overall, but the collar gap is ruining it. It may be your position, but there should not be a gap around the back between your shirt collar and the jacket. If so, this implies that the jacket doesn't fit you properly.

This is collar gap for those wondering:

Last edited:
5'9 125lbs on a good day. i've tried everything to gain weight :\
You're Euro/Asian skinny, man :lol:

Definitely try the MTM route. Not many places have live measuring though. You can try tours when the likes of MyTailor does their rounds going to different cities. MTM is usually done via online and the pieces are made in poorer nation to keep the prices attractive as oppose to full bespoke. The reason why I chose Thick as Thieves is because the owner is local and he measured me live.

You guys haven't already go check out J Crew. Extra 40% off already marked down items.
Picked up a sweater for 16 bucks when combined with student discount

So I wanted to Share.... Let me know what you think, Critique away .. But I think I look good.

You're not supposed to button both buttons on a 2 button jacket. The shoulders on the first one look a tad wide, but that can be the angle.

Just for FYI: You want the widest width point of your tie to be the same or around the same as your lapel's widest width. The congruency on the second picture is off, this is why I brought this up.

I'll refrain from commenting on the color choice since you probably like the colors you chose.

Last edited:
You're not supposed to button both buttons on a 2 button jacket. The shoulders on the first one look a tad wide, but that can be the angle.

Just for FYI: You want the widest width point of your tie to be the same or around the same as your lapel's widest width. The congruency on the second picture is off, this is why I brought this up.

I'll refrain from commenting on the color choice since you probably like the colors you chose.

Yeah on the First One its the Angle, its an Exact Slim Fit . With the Buttons I only wear it that due the Nature of my Job... the Semi-Stuffy set.. hahaha, Hmm thanks for the tip.. as Far as the Colors, Yes I prefer Darker Color schemes. More people into the brighter or lighter shades, But I prefer Darker Colors.. it Suits Me(No Pun Intended)

Yeah on the First One its the Angle, its an Exact Slim Fit . With the Buttons I only wear it that due the Nature of my Job... the Semi-Stuffy set.. hahaha, Hmm thanks for the tip.. as Far as the Colors, Yes I prefer Darker Color schemes. More people into the brighter or lighter shades, But I prefer Darker Colors.. it Suits Me(No Pun Intended)
Darker color schemes are fine but the buttons tip is actually more of a rule. You aren't supposed to button the bottom because the jacket's silhouette will be affected. Also just because its slim fit does not mean it fits correctly on your shoulders. Wis, is right, it could be a misjudgment on our part due to the angle, but it looks the like padding on your jacket protrudes farther out than your shoulders. This means the jacket is the wrong size.

I usually don't post multiple pictures directly, but I guess this is an exception. The results from the drawing. The two members who won will be contacted via PM and will have 48 hours to get back to me with a shipping address. If one or both fail to do so, I will redraw.

All of the contestants:

Folded the names up and shook them in a hat. Even some names may appear partial visible, I picked without looking.

Winner of sweater:

New winner of the shirt: SoleAsian was the original winner, but he said he wanted the sweater more and requested I redraw...so I did. The new winner of the shirt:

Last edited:
'Semi stuffy' setting shouldn't have a play on how to button the jackets. All of the individuals I know, from low rankings to the top 1% individuals that work in conservative setting know the proper way to button jackets. There are other weird stuff they have to worry about, ie dress well to represent the clients, but not too well to the point where the clients think they're over paying :lol: The only reason you should button the jacket like that is if you're going for an avant garde appeal.

Can't express how thankful I am to have won the sweater, it's exactly what I wanted.

Truly means a lot, especially considering I haven't won much of anything... ever :lol:

Thank's a lot W :wow: :D

Just scooped it off of eBay for $76 shipped. I had the black Cement one also and sold it. Regret that ish. Dude is selling one on eBay for $400 or something now.
mean.gif
I have this bag and the are poorly made, I would pass and stick to North Face or Herschel.  

Can't express how thankful I am to have won the sweater, it's exactly what I wanted.

Truly means a lot, especially considering I haven't won much of anything... ever :lol:

Thank's a lot W :wow: :D
No worries, man. Hope you get many wears out of it. Pretty versatile pattern/color actually even though it may appear 'loud'. If a small was available, would've got one for myself.

Back
Top Bottom