Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Tie looks huge, but that shirt :smokin

tumblr_mh0n7y265P1qi0b8uo1_500.jpg

I like his play on colors and the shoes are dope as well but that tie knot and vest are atrocious. That fit with a normal sized Windsor, regular vest and the last button unbuttoned would look infinitely better.

What are your guys thoughts on his pants break? Perfect or would you do a bit less?

What's the obsession with the last button undone on everything? Suits, okay, cardigans, fine - but vests look fine with all the buttons done.

What's the obsession with the last button undone on everything? Suits, okay, cardigans, fine - but vests look fine with all the buttons done.

look at how the last button makes the midsection of the vest bulge. if he undoes that last button, it doesn't bulge anymore.

the reason why you you probably think the last button on a vest being buttoned looks good is because a lot of guys buy their vests too short.

the vest is supposed to cover your belt buckle. if your vest is too short to cover your belt, it probably won't bulge if it's buttoned because the vest doesn't reach your hips.

[]
You want less break??

I have a pair of slacks with a higher break and it's different but I like it and I can show off my socks. I've seen a higher break around the downtown DC/Georgetown area but it seems like a foreigner deal.

The fit itself is boss except for the vest + tie knot like everyone is mentioning

since everybody posting pics of what they like women to dress like I will use my pics from the AWG thread lol

It's a traditional rule. In this case, the gent could've definitely benefited from it. By buttoning all the buttons, the silhouette is now tapered, which will look unsightly upon sitting down, bending over, etc. By leaving the last button unbuttoned, it allows for movement without ruining the silhouette.

I'm not eem trying to say that but look at this pic of Wis:

Notice how the pant leg drapes perfectly over the shoes. Maybe it's just because his pants are tighter than usual, I would expect less of a break with that style.

You got it. The main difference between his and mine is that the leg opening of his pants are smaller so they look like they have more break. If it was ~.5" wider, then the drape would be nicer. I have pants like this in which the break looks weird so I just turn them into highwaters with no break at all.

Last edited:
You got it. The main difference between his and mine is that the leg opening of his pants are smaller so they look like they have more break. If it was ~.5" wider, then the drape would be nicer. I have pants like this in which the break looks weird so I just turn them into highwaters with no break at all.

exactly true, totally agree. Also, his pants seem to be a little tight in places indicated by some of the lines in the fabric, maybe its just his posture, or his preference. Like someone posted, dress for your body.

Because I brought up Roshes a few pages back, Kicksdeals just posted that Sneakerhead.com restocked in 3 cws of the Roshes: sport red, anthracite black, and iguana with free shipping. Just picked up a pair in Iguana. Thanks for all your help and suggestions.

I still think/hope that the waistcoat was PS'd and is normal looking in real life. Even from an avant garde point of view, I can't really get with it. The shoes, like Ironman mentioned, are great though. I love the burnishing on the toes. Slightly off topic, I really dislike how a lot of the 'cool' looking men's wear pictures have the individuals smoking and/or consuming liquor...so cliche.

Agreed with that last bit. I hate smoking :x

I still think/hope that the waistcoat was PS'd and is normal looking in real life. Even from an avant garde point of view, I can't really get with it. The shoes, like Ironman mentioned, are great though. I love the burnishing on the toes. Slightly off topic, I really dislike how a lot of the 'cool' looking men's wear pictures have the individuals smoking and/or consuming liquor...so cliche.

Agreed with that last bit. I hate smoking :x

Same here. No offense to the smokers, but I never saw why that had to be considered the "cool" thing to do. I've never smoked anything in my life because I found no reason to do so.

Anyone know where I can find some Goodfellas shirts? :evil:

Mafioso-style collars

I heard Banana Republic once carried some

I don't know your price range, but on www.mytailor.com, which is a made-to-measure shirt company that is highly recommended, they have the option for similar collars:

This is a nice option because you can get the shirt in whatever pattern you want with your desired collar.

Last edited:
Anyone know where I can find some Goodfellas shirts? :evil:

I might have a shirt with that collar type. I think it was made by alfani, - Macy's brand. I'll have to double check tonight though. I'd be willing to give it away since I don't wear it much if we're the same size.

I personally wouldn't recommend the Sorel Caribou unless they're for extremely frigid conditions and heavy snow. They're extremely heavy and bulky, I'd go with the Sorel Pac T instead for a nice, warm winter boot:

Pac T

Back
Top Bottom