Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Going to be in NYC on Monday, looks like the weather is going to be buns (It's June dammit, :smh:). Any recommendations on what to pack based on the weather over there. I want to pack light as hell.

Wes, buy them then swap the color w/ no receipt after the sale. Grimey? Yes. But oh well. I did it before with a pair of their house brand before. No problem at all.

Wes, buy them then swap the color w/ no receipt after the sale. Grimey? Yes. But oh well. I did it before with a pair of their house brand before. No problem at all.

was this for the men's semi-annual sale or the anniversary sale?

the men's semi-annual sale prices stay on sale or goes into deeper discount.

it's the anniversary sale where stuff goes on sale temporarily, then goes back to normal prices after the sale is over. so if wes tries to get the pair that's on sale right now, he wouldn't have enough return credit to get the color that he wants.

the anniversary sale is in a month. that's when some the fall/winter season stuff goes on sale temporarily. the color shoes that wes wants might go on sale then.

Last edited:
Going to be in NYC on Monday, looks like the weather is going to be buns (It's June dammit, :smh:). Any recommendations on what to pack based on the weather over there. I want to pack light as hell.
Something for the rain.
It was extra heavy the past week.

That'll work for online orders? There's no Nordstrom here, I feel like they'll know if I have to ship it back

Pack a light windbreaker / waterproof type jacket or just buy an umbrella when you get here. NY weather hasn't been good.

That'll work for online orders? There's no Nordstrom here, I feel like they'll know if I have to ship it back

lol definitely would not work if you're sending them back to them via mail... but a lazy employee will definitely fall for it

Today:

I was meeting RFX up for lunch. I got there before he did so I sat down at a table. He came by, we nodded. I stood up, and I guess he saw my pants. He gave me a disgusting/disappointing look and took off like 2 Chainz in the Bay area during the whole jewelry incident :frown:

^something really bothers me about the stains on those bucks, typically i like when shoes have character but i dunno i think its the soles but those look like they need to be clean always, maybe it also has to do with the outfit itself.

also this may be subjective but i feel like the bow tie is too much with the pants. like you're calling for attention, which isnt necessarily a bad thing but with the pants its just too much.

my opinion. 

otherwise i love the jacket/shirt/pocket square combo 

Last edited:
^something really bothers me about the stains on those bucks, typically i like when shoes have character but i dunno i think its the soles but those look like they need to be clean always, maybe it also has to do with the outfit itself.

also this may be subjective but i feel like the bow tie is too much with the pants. like you're calling for attention, which isnt necessarily a bad thing but with the pants its just too much.
my opinion. 

otherwise i love the jacket/shirt/pocket square combo 
I'm wearing camo pattern trousers, man. It's not too common :lol:

It was either tie or bowtie, I chose the latter.

The bluchers are probably the best $300 I've spent on a pair of shoes in the recent years. They have tons of scratches on the sides not seen in the picture. The wet spots were from walking in wet grass, that dried up minutes after.

Yes, we are even sexier in person.

Also, meet with Serg at SS went great. Really gotta get more of the DBNT fam together more often. Lunch for 25 anyone?

Will update with awesome story of what went down later on when I get some free time.

Did you try on the Havana or Lazio? I'm torn between those two, won't know for sure until I'm able to head to Atlanta

Did you try on the Havana or Lazio? I'm torn between those two, won't know for sure until I'm able to head to Atlanta
Havana is the one I got in the mail....turns out for SS (at least for the Washington/Napoli) I need a 36R. I heard they cut things differently but I really didn't expect that to happen to me. Normally a 38R across the board.

Back
Top Bottom