Dressing Better Vol 2.0

It depends on your foot. Being that you are a 48 for your chest, I'm guessing you have a wide foot as well. Id suggest either going to the store to try on or order multiple pairs and return the ones that don't fit. Free shipping/returns with nordies but aside from sizing down, perhaps order a E or possibly 3E width. All depending fam
well, I have a gut, but everythign else is pretty proportional lol. I wear 8.5 in vans, and 9 in everything else, normal width is D correct?

so it looks like 8.5 D would be what I would order, everyone agree with Nordstrom's note to size down .5 size from normal size?

so it looks like 8.5 D would be what I would order, everyone agree with Nordstrom's note to size down .5 size from normal size?

I'd say YMMV since AE makes shoes in a variety of lasts. Fwiw, I tried on the Strand in sz 11 and they fit me, I usually wear a 12 in Nike but I think I am a true 11.5.

If you're pressed for time, I'd order both pairs you are on the fence about and return the other. Nordstrom has top notch customer service as I'm sure many here can attest to.

Went to Brook Bros and got measured for dress shirts and was told I should go down the made to measure path since my arms and chest/back are too big.. The ESF didn't do any justice for me.. Good route to use at BB?

Last edited:
Went to Brook Bros and got measured for dress shirts and was told I should go down the made to measure path since my arms and chest/back are too big.. The ESF didn't do any justice for me.. Good route to use at BB?

How much they charge? There are some really good mtm online sites, I feel like they'll be less expensive than BB

Is GATs the brand, or type of shoe?

In any case, thanks for the reply. Repped!

Margiela is the brand. Be prepared to spend $300+ though. The quality is worth it though. These days while brands like Nike make their $160+ shoes out of plastic, $300 real leather shoes that look good after many wears are better options. I have a pair in blue that still looks near brand new after wearing them 20+ times, but I can't say the same about some of my Air Maxes a few years back that looked like a 400 pound person had been wearing them after a handful of wears :lol: :smh:

Last edited:
Keep in mind that ~$300 is sale price though, not retail. Retail is close to $500.

Look-wise, I prefer Lanvin patent toe, though not as comfortable as Margielas.

Back
Top Bottom