Dressing Better Vol 2.0

After lurking NT since the nikepark days, I finally have something to contribute. Allen Edmonds will soon, if it hasn't happened yet, be implementing a fee for returns. They've normally had free shipping and returns, but I believe they will be implementing a restocking/return fee on their seconds.The Sandersons and the Slatons for RL are on the narrowest lasts. I believe the 2-222 or 8-108, so they run longer and narrower than their more popular models. They also don't make them wider than E width as far as I know, but perhaps the resident AE expert can confirm that (along with the return fee). Otherwise, they're great shoes at an unbeatable price. I would advise to ask about sizing though since they're on the narrow side.
\

$10 restocking fee

Any suggestions on a belt to match the snuff suede Slaton?

And I think I'm done with dress shoes for a while. Ordered 4 this week (along with my 2 MTM suits)... wallet hurts but at least I'll be set for a while. Wouldn't mind adding a single-buckle Meermin but it's not a priority right now. I'll try and get a group shot when everything comes in, but this is what we're rocking with for the foreseeable future.

Last edited:
Thoughts on this cardigan/blazer jacket? Anyone see it in person? I've never heard of boiled wool before.

http://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/WallaceBarnes/PRDOVR~03071/03071.jsp

Looks nice and different from other mundane sweaters. If I didn't have a few already is cop when on discount. It seems like it'd sell out at retail however since sizes are back ordered. If you like and have the bread I would cop for retail. I've read about boiled wool but never handled one myself. Sounds like tweed to me and texture looks similar too.

lol the whole list though? Must be nice :x
I didn't buy anything :lol: I was jk. Gotta prep up for Saturday! :smile: no Js tho :lol:

Last edited:
:lol: the meeting for that group is going to be: James, you sold 6 pairs. Good job. Joe, you sold 3. Keep trying, son. Carlin, you sold 37! *manager goes on to do the lebron James in Cleveland handshake routine with Carlin*

And the picture gets posted on the wall

Last edited:
Burgundy Mcallistairs and those suede RLs for like 300 shipped can't complain def broke though

Edit: totally forgot I bought some meermin double monks last night as well fml

You went in yesterday and today!

Any suggestions on a belt to match the snuff suede Slaton?

And I think I'm done with dress shoes for a while. Ordered 4 this week (along with my 2 MTM suits)... wallet hurts but at least I'll be set for a while. Wouldn't mind adding a single-buckle Meermin but it's not a priority right now. I'll try and get a group shot when everything comes in, but this is what we're rocking with for the foreseeable future.

I don't think you bought enough shoes....lol

Wis is foolish :rofl:
I could honestly justify all of those RL shoes at that price...showing constraint is tough

Reactions: wj4
Broke down and just placed my order for 3 pairs fellas, the Sandersons in brown, the Slaton in Tan and that damn suede :smh: :smh: :lol: :nthat: This is Adrians fault :rofl:

Shout out to Carlin again this was clutch

Last edited:
:lol: the meeting for that group is going to be: James, you sold 6 pairs. Good job. Joe, you sold 3. Keep trying, son. Carlin, you sold 37! *manager goes on to do the lebron James in Cleveland handshake routine with Carlin*

And the picture gets posted on the wall

37?!

Reactions: wj4
Picked up this suit today from BR with the 50% off. Worth it for $300?

I need to get the pants hemmed. Also, some proportions may look off since I shot these with a fish eye lens.

Last edited:
If anyone's a 9.5 D or E, I've attached the list of available shoes.

[ATTACHMENT=4477]95 e and d factory second and closed out shoes..docx (136k. docx file)[/ATTACHMENT]

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: GOAT, we damn near bought out the entire store inventory for this sale
I don't know why I'm associating Carlin with Al Bundy right now. They're goin to send him to the regional sales competition.

This guy is converting dudes from Nikes to Monkstraps.

Last edited:
If anyone's a 9.5 D or E, I've attached the list of available shoes.

[ATTACHMENT=4477]95 e and d factory second and closed out shoes..docx (136k. docx file)[/ATTACHMENT]

Thanks for sharing this.. but none of the Ralph Laurens are listed on here, right?

Picked up this suit today from BR with the 50% off. Worth it for $300?

I need to get the pants hemmed. Also, some proportions may look off since I shot these with a fish eye lens.

Suit looks really good OTR, besides hemming the pants.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom