Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Barneys warehouse is having a extra 40 off sale sale. Picked up these dress shoes for 70 shipped. Some good deals to be had. Gotta hunt for them though.

Almost did that with the Barney's sale last week

Was gonna pick up some royal blue chelsea boots as beaters for $40.

Then I realized a pair of royal blue boots would just sit & collect infinite dust.

Few things: crepe can be resoled by a skilled cobbler, there was an assumption in here from people who were opposed to crepe either for aesthetic reasons or the "Goodyear welted or nothing else" mantra that you were stuck with a worn down crepe sole and then the shoe is done.  As others have said, those New Republic shoes would more likely not be worth it to resole anyway.  The uppers will likely be ruined well before the sole unless it's the discoloration that you're worried about.

I personally like crepe soles.  They're extremely comfortable.  Most of the shoes I own that have them are casual anyway, at least how I view casual.  Just like I prefer white leather sneakers to be broken in and have some wear and tear, I think they look fine a little dirty, including the crepe sole.  Someone posted a photo of Scott Disick wearing well-worn suede boots, I don't see how it's much different anyway.  I understand if the higher end brands aren't in your budget and you would be too concerned with babying the shoes but wear them, that's what they're for.

I'm not quite sure why so many people talk about soles wearing out being that most of us probably haven't wore out a sole on a pair of shoes since elementary or middle school.

Actually, my pair of Clarks DB finally gave in after 5 years of HEAVYYYYY use.

Was walking home last week and noticed a spot on my foot that felt extra cold..like a coin was stuck. Took a look and realized the soles finally worn out.

$70 for 5 years of beating...well worth the money.

Last edited:
Apparently a lot of you don't realize that me and Adrian are known to give each other a hard time and are actually friends outside of here :lol:

Last edited:
Apparently a lot of you don't realize that me and Adrian are known to give each other a hard time and are actually friends outside of here :lol:
Friends? More like acquaintances.

Especially since you missed my housewarming you son of a *****

That's what I thought. But then again I thought maybe you guys had beef since Adrian used to swear by Allen Edmonds now he frowns at the brand lol.

That's what I thought. But then again I thought maybe you guys had beef since Adrian used to swear by Allen Edmonds now he frowns at the brand lol.
Currently wearing a pair :lol:

I still profoundly stand by the idea that they are entry level shoes though.

Back
Top Bottom