Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Looking to cop a spring/summer-night friendly bomber...Deciding between APC and Engineered garments. Anyone have any experience with EG before? In terms of quality?

Looking to cop a spring/summer-night friendly bomber...Deciding between APC and Engineered garments. Anyone have any experience with EG before? In terms of quality?

I'd recommend EG (although APC is another favorite of mine as well.) All of their stuff (EG) is made in midtown around the way from the Nepenthes store, and the fit and quality are usually top notch.

If you can try on the jacket you're looking at beforehand, all the better. Their sizing can vary from season-to-season. Try the secondhand market as well. You can sometimes find what you're looking for for way under retail, depending on the jacket.

Got a couple of new pairs of Johnston and Murphy dress shoes for work. I needed a new pair of black and cognac dress shoes as my last two pair of Coach dress shoes literally fell apart in less than a year. They are having a buy one get 2nd half off sale @ the outlets right now. Might go back for a couple of made in Italy pairs. I want a burgundy and tan pair... maybe navy. Not sure if I want to get any boots or not.

20190411_162702.jpg

Are hawaiian shirts the move this spring/summer? I've noticed a lot of brands having them for sale.

Giving JCrew Factory Chinos a try. Hopefully they fit well.

I saw some nice hawaiian shirts at the mall earlier. Would be good purchases for the nice colors.

Are hawaiian shirts the move this spring/summer? I've noticed a lot of brands having them for sale.

Giving JCrew Factory Chinos a try. Hopefully they fit well.
camp shirts and vacations shirts def the SS move for the last few years.

recently picked up a rayon shirt from Supreme x Jean Paul Gaultier collab

Anyone experience bagging of the knees on their chinos, khakis, and/or jeans? The proportions of my legs are not normal, big thighs, larger than normal calves. I notice that there seems to be excess material around the knee area on all of the pants that I own. I have tried a variety of fits and brands. I've noticed that extreme tapers cause my pants to rise up extremely when I sit down and then get stuck when I stand up due to the size of my calves. Any fit that is slim or regular is typically too tight for my thighs and glutes. Most recently bought some Dockers Athletic Fit which taper at the ankle and am still experiencing the same problem of bagging at the knees even though there is more than enough room for my calves.

Dockers Athletic Fit:

IMG_1902.JPG IMG_2626.JPG IMG_3363.JPG IMG_8323.JPG

knee bags = stretched out material, from bending your knees

No cut / fit is going to change that, unless they were JNCO level baggy and don't even stretch when you bend your knees. Usually if you wash / dry them, they'll go back to the original shape

Figured that. I guess I was curious because I don’t ever seem to notice anybody else with this issue around the office, on the street, etc. Maybe slightly, just always feel like mine are extreme, thought maybe it had to do with how tight certain fits are on my legs, that’s why I went with athletic fit.

Anyone experience bagging of the knees on their chinos, khakis, and/or jeans? The proportions of my legs are not normal, big thighs, larger than normal calves. I notice that there seems to be excess material around the knee area on all of the pants that I own. I have tried a variety of fits and brands. I've noticed that extreme tapers cause my pants to rise up extremely when I sit down and then get stuck when I stand up due to the size of my calves. Any fit that is slim or regular is typically too tight for my thighs and glutes. Most recently bought some Dockers Athletic Fit which taper at the ankle and am still experiencing the same problem of bagging at the knees even though there is more than enough room for my calves.

Dockers Athletic Fit:

IMG_1902.JPG IMG_2626.JPG IMG_3363.JPG IMG_8323.JPG
KNEE BOOBS. One of my biggest pet peeves w my pants

KNEE BOOBS. One of my biggest pet peeves w my pants

Same, I think because of my proportions it makes it worse when I wear certain pants. The athletic fit varieties I have been wearing seem to be the most comfortable though so I'm going to have to stick with them. Maybe take them to a tailor and have them mirror the pants I have that fit me best, which is surprisingly a pair of athletic fit chinos from Target. The Dockers have a little bit too much room for my liking, but then a slim and/or regular are too tight.

I understand fanny packs but are mans with purses really the wave right now?

Last edited:
Same, I think because of my proportions it makes it worse when I wear certain pants. The athletic fit varieties I have been wearing seem to be the most comfortable though so I'm going to have to stick with them. Maybe take them to a tailor and have them mirror the pants I have that fit me best, which is surprisingly a pair of athletic fit chinos from Target. The Dockers have a little bit too much room for my liking, but then a slim and/or regular are too tight.
Got a friend that buys Target pants for the low and gets them tailored. Had the same issue you were having. I have learned to buy what fits me. I’m not one of those “brand” people.

What’s the difference?
a shoulder bag is a specific item where as a purse comes in many styles (crossbody, hobo, clutch, etc.)

i guess being asian, i've always seen asians wear shoulder bags and fanny packs. constant tourist gear

Back
Top Bottom