Driving a really nice car and living with your parents (age 21+)

Here's what I see right now...I get the sense that alot of people who either moved out prematurely, had to move out, or moved out and it didn't work out the way they wanted to are kind of hating on the people who didn't.

I also see the people still living at home outright justifying their current predicament of living at home without a care in the world.

Haters on both sides. Very few commonground people.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

laugh.gif
@ u thinking im ever buying property in da US...no thank you

soon as i get some serious paper, im coppin my stuff out in DR, get a villa...nice house, or a condo and pay ZERO in property tax..and ill KEEP my low rent spot here forever
pimp.gif

so while you can spend extra because of that pride facade..i'll have saved from bypassing such foolish things

da fact that my smart mother saves da majority of her income and has PLENTY liquid insulated her from da financial collapse of da US economy due to da housing market showed me first hand that

there's no "rules" to win...having a house isn't da default plan for everyone.

da main thing that everyone here is right about is all about how comfortable you are......dont let foolish pride move you outta your comfort levels when your not ready to...ESPECIALLY during these trying times.

You have a jesus piece on layaway, though.

and? acting like i can't go to flight club and get rid a couple of my pairs to get it out if i was THAT pressed for it now...and this is on top of da fact that i already had a pound of gold on my neck..where's your chain at?

laugh.gif
@ ya sideline haters....

folks, if you not getting married, or crowded by your siblings at home then you dont need to leave home. my cousin go JUST got married last year aint leave his moms spot until he was engaged...money makes well over

6 figures and he 30...
Ninjahood, if you don't mind me asking, what do you do for a living? Are you a real life equivalent of Tommy from Martin? I'm not trying to make jokes but I never thought about it and seeing you post in this thread made me curious (pause).

As to the OG post, it all depends on your priorities. I personally moved away after college but two of my good friends got jobs in our hometown and both lived with their parents. They were planning on living together after stacking paper at home for a bit but aft about 4-5 months, one copped a 2007 328i coupe (put down $12,500 and financed the rest) and the other (he comes from a very wealthy family) got a limited edition 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee had his parents pay $22,000 (graduation present) and he's financing the rest (22,000). They got their cars while I was home over Thanksgiving and remember them both saying "Well, looks like we won't be moving out anytime soon" and laughing about it.

IMO, I don't think it makes me a hater to say they're doing it wrong.

laugh.gif

soon as i get some serious paper, im coppin my stuff out in DR, get a villa...nice house, or a condo and pay ZERO in property tax..and ill KEEP my low rent spot here forever
pimp.gif

so while you can spend extra because of that pride facade..i'll have saved from bypassing such foolish things

da fact that my smart mother saves da majority of her income and has PLENTY liquid insulated her from da financial collapse of da US economy due to da housing market showed me first hand that

da main thing that everyone here is right about is all about how comfortable you are......dont let foolish pride move you outta your comfort levels when your not ready to...ESPECIALLY during these trying times.

and? acting like i can't go to flight club and get rid a couple of my pairs to get it out if i was THAT pressed for it now...and this is on top of da fact that i already had a pound of gold on my neck..where's your chain at?

laugh.gif
@ ya sideline haters....

folks, if you not getting married, or crowded by your siblings at home then you dont need to leave home. my cousin go JUST got married last year aint leave his moms spot until he was engaged...money makes well over

6 figures and he 30...
Ninjahood, if you don't mind me asking, what do you do for a living? Are you a real life equivalent of Tommy from Martin? I'm not trying to make jokes but I never thought about it and seeing you post in this thread made me curious (pause).

As to the OG post, it all depends on your priorities. I personally moved away after college but two of my good friends got jobs in our hometown and both lived with their parents. They were planning on living together after stacking paper at home for a bit but aft about 4-5 months, one copped a 2007 328i coupe (put down $12,500 and financed the rest) and the other (he comes from a very wealthy family) got a limited edition 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee had his parents pay $22,000 (graduation present) and he's financing the rest (22,000). They got their cars while I was home over Thanksgiving and remember them both saying "Well, looks like we won't be moving out anytime soon" and laughing about it.

IMO, I don't think it makes me a hater to say they're doing it wrong.

Dudes getting real offended in here.  All the "Why you worried about the next man" and "You mad?" responses.  Trust me, none of us care if you're still at home, driving a nice car.  We're just simply giving our opinion about that situation.

Dudes getting real offended in here.  All the "Why you worried about the next man" and "You mad?" responses.  Trust me, none of us care if you're still at home, driving a nice car.  We're just simply giving our opinion about that situation.

That really nice car isnt going to make up for the box youll miss out on by living with your parents. If you can pay a bill, you should be able to pay for a house bottom line

That really nice car isnt going to make up for the box youll miss out on by living with your parents. If you can pay a bill, you should be able to pay for a house bottom line

Originally Posted by crcballer55

Originally Posted by MrDoeBoI

Originally Posted by sreggie101

i see this a lot
30t6p3b.gif
Come to Brooklyn You will see it all day I don't knock it if they got the bread.
I'm going to bet that over 3/4 of people that do that don't have the money to do it.  If you have to get a car note to support your image, you can't afford it.

thumbnail.aspx

Nothing wrong with having a car note.  Of course the preferred way would be to pay everything off right away.  How many people have $40k in cash (let alone $20k) to drop on a car right off the bat?  Once you factor in a mortgage, utilities, food, savings and misc expenses most monthly salaries are eaten up quick.  I make a descent living (six figure salary - no kids, just a GF) and couldn' t pay cash for the type of car I want. 

I consider that a quality of life kind of thing which gets very personal.  I figure as long as you're paying your bills, tithing (if that's your thing) and able to put something away for the future (401k, ROTH IRA, etc.) there is nothing wrong with a car note. 

I'm not gonna drive a beater just to avoid a car note. 
grin.gif

I'm looking to pay my current car off this year and start saving towards an M3 Sedan downpayment early next year. 
pimp.gif

i see this a lot
30t6p3b.gif
Come to Brooklyn You will see it all day I don't knock it if they got the bread.
I'm going to bet that over 3/4 of people that do that don't have the money to do it.  If you have to get a car note to support your image, you can't afford it.

thumbnail.aspx

Nothing wrong with having a car note.  Of course the preferred way would be to pay everything off right away.  How many people have $40k in cash (let alone $20k) to drop on a car right off the bat?  Once you factor in a mortgage, utilities, food, savings and misc expenses most monthly salaries are eaten up quick.  I make a descent living (six figure salary - no kids, just a GF) and couldn' t pay cash for the type of car I want. 

I consider that a quality of life kind of thing which gets very personal.  I figure as long as you're paying your bills, tithing (if that's your thing) and able to put something away for the future (401k, ROTH IRA, etc.) there is nothing wrong with a car note. 

I'm not gonna drive a beater just to avoid a car note. 
grin.gif

I'm looking to pay my current car off this year and start saving towards an M3 Sedan downpayment early next year. 
pimp.gif

Unless ur ppls are unbearable to live with or you have kids or something stay at home save money, and help out with wateva needs to be done...if you have a good job youu can still save up money and drive a nice car if you are smart about it and don't cop something that will kill ur pockets...too many people think living on ur own or buying a house is the something u have to do instead of really moving out when their ready or they really have to..

Unless ur ppls are unbearable to live with or you have kids or something stay at home save money, and help out with wateva needs to be done...if you have a good job youu can still save up money and drive a nice car if you are smart about it and don't cop something that will kill ur pockets...too many people think living on ur own or buying a house is the something u have to do instead of really moving out when their ready or they really have to..

i see this a lot
30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif
man I was just joking.......

all i want is a 745........and no I don't rock with a car note, even for the car I have now thank goodness.

i see this a lot
30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif
man I was just joking.......

all i want is a 745........and no I don't rock with a car note, even for the car I have now thank goodness.

Originally Posted by CreekShow

you'll get some quality chicks maybe, but you're still going to have to have some sort of nice ride to get the baddest..

your own place is just a first step....you ain't pulling nothing serious in the women department, with your own crib pushing a 97 volvo.

Originally Posted by CreekShow

you'll get some quality chicks maybe, but you're still going to have to have some sort of nice ride to get the baddest..

your own place is just a first step....you ain't pulling nothing serious in the women department, with your own crib pushing a 97 volvo.

No disrespect to anyone personally... but a lot of people NEED the fancy car for their image. Their ultimate goal is to get with/impress the women. Some people lack the physical appearance, charisma, and other traits needed to obtain a woman... so they use an accessory like a nice vehicle to attract the shallow women in this world. And a lot of times, it actually helps. For some the car is NECESSARY just to get a second look from women. Because if they didn't have the car and they did have the crib, their lack of "traits" I mentioned before wouldn't get any women threw the door of their own crib anyway. So they use the car as a starting point.

No disrespect to anyone personally... but a lot of people NEED the fancy car for their image. Their ultimate goal is to get with/impress the women. Some people lack the physical appearance, charisma, and other traits needed to obtain a woman... so they use an accessory like a nice vehicle to attract the shallow women in this world. And a lot of times, it actually helps. For some the car is NECESSARY just to get a second look from women. Because if they didn't have the car and they did have the crib, their lack of "traits" I mentioned before wouldn't get any women threw the door of their own crib anyway. So they use the car as a starting point.

laugh.gif

pimp.gif

laugh.gif
@ ya sideline haters....

6 figures and he 30...

Ninja is 100% correct on both points.

laugh.gif

pimp.gif

laugh.gif
@ ya sideline haters....

6 figures and he 30...

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

laugh.gif
@ ya sideline haters....

6 figures and he 30...

see... my thing is that I think people throw extremes out to validate their point. Own place and 97 volvo? Prolly not.... Own place and 05 camry...? What's wrong with that?

what defines a nice car? Price range? The emblem? If you live at home, and you're car is worth $50K plus, then THAT'S an issue.

Then folks say stay with their parents, but saving to make moves. That's totally diff. You have ambition to make moves, but want to do it carefully. I'm all for that. But I think OP was looking at if from a "I'm good at home, lemme cop this nice whip, and use 3/4 of my paycheck on the note"

There's a diff in culture too. Don't know how it is all over, but in American culture, if you at a certain point in your life and you tell a breezy "hold on, my mama asked me to take the trash out"... it don't matter what you drive. You OUTTA there.

Last thing. People throw "xx makes six figures" around WAAY too often. Sounding kinda suspect.

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

laugh.gif
@ ya sideline haters....

6 figures and he 30...

see... my thing is that I think people throw extremes out to validate their point. Own place and 97 volvo? Prolly not.... Own place and 05 camry...? What's wrong with that?

what defines a nice car? Price range? The emblem? If you live at home, and you're car is worth $50K plus, then THAT'S an issue.

Then folks say stay with their parents, but saving to make moves. That's totally diff. You have ambition to make moves, but want to do it carefully. I'm all for that. But I think OP was looking at if from a "I'm good at home, lemme cop this nice whip, and use 3/4 of my paycheck on the note"

There's a diff in culture too. Don't know how it is all over, but in American culture, if you at a certain point in your life and you tell a breezy "hold on, my mama asked me to take the trash out"... it don't matter what you drive. You OUTTA there.

Last thing. People throw "xx makes six figures" around WAAY too often. Sounding kinda suspect.

Back
Top Bottom