Driving Under the Influence

Originally Posted by f3DJam

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

Originally Posted by f3DJam

im a dude thats always in control, no matter how drunk i am

and also when you drive drunk you stay mad focused, incase of cops or other things on the road
You serious?

In 2007, an estimated 12,998 people died in alcohol-impaired traffic crashes involving a driver with an illegal BAC (.08 or greater).
So I'm assuming the people that caused the 12,998 deaths were "mad focused," huh?

your right man, it is reckless
i was just talking about myself and those i associate with
but depending on you character and whatnot, it can be done

shout out to those that feel me
I'll say it again, nonsense.

We know what you're saying - but you're wrong. You may think you're 'mad focused' - but you're not. You're a liability and it'sonly through luck that you got home with you and everyone around you alive.

It's been shown time and time again that even a couple of drinks impairs your driving ability.

Couldn't find the clip I was thinking of but this was interesting. The usual sarcastic and patronising British Traffic Cops but they do have a point. Theydo a test of ability with more drinks later on too:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie"value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen"value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embedsrc="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

The interesting stat for me is that approx a third of men have driven when they thought they were over the limit - what that makes me think is that a lot morehave driven when they deluded themselves that they were under the limit. I bet that happens more often.

Like I said I made this thread to get NT's opinion on driving under the influence. Also I have done this ALOT in the past. I stated that I would be morecautious about my actions which alot people failed to read.

Anyway my friend goes to court at 1:00pm eastern time today so we will see what happens. Hopefully he learns from his mistakes and doesn't hop behind thewheel again under the influence. I would hate to see him get some jail time because he's a good friend but you have to take responsibility for youractions.

Thank God neither of us or anyone who posted in here that has driven under the influence have not hurt or killed anyone. We don't always make the rightdecisions but we can learn from our mistakes and the mistakes of others.

i've been pulled over twice while i was drunk....but by the grace of god they never suspected i was drunk after they asked.....i guess i passed the eyetest.....
laugh.gif
...i dont slur my words when i'm drunk....i havent drove drunk in a long time...isnt worth the risk

Wow OP smh at you downplaying drinking and driving. So stupid! He's lucky he only is getting jailtime and he hasn't killed himself or anyone else. %$#@like this really pisses me off... all of you people who get behind the wheel intoxicated are selfish and dumb and you deserve to get your license revoked.

i know for a fact i can drive well when im hammered ... thats not to say that others cant ... but i firmly believe i can pass the maryland state driving testafter 12 beers ...

i dont condone it, but i place the blame on law enforcement and bars as well ... its not hard to post cops up and pull people over ... ive walked directly froma bar in college park at 2am, straight to my car and left ... also, a bar is required by law to stop serving people that appear drunk, definitely not happening... people will do anything they want as long as no one stops them ...

Wow OP smh at you downplaying drinking and driving. So stupid! He's lucky he only is getting jailtime and he hasn't killed himself or anyone else. %$#@ like this really pisses me off... all of you people who get behind the wheel intoxicated are selfish and dumb and you deserve to get your license revoked.
this coming from a female
roll.gif
sorry, but its scientificallyproven that yall cant drive ...

I hope the same people going hard against driving under the influence feel the same way about driving while texting or on the phone as well. It's all thesame %!%!.

Originally Posted by thytkerjobs

Wow OP smh at you downplaying drinking and driving. So stupid! He's lucky he only is getting jailtime and he hasn't killed himself or anyone else. %$#@ like this really pisses me off... all of you people who get behind the wheel intoxicated are selfish and dumb and you deserve to get your license revoked.

Obviously you didn't read too much of what I said in this thread.

Originally Posted by Emmanuel Goldstein

this coming from a female
roll.gif
sorry, but its scientifically proven that yall cant drive ...
Shut up you muppet.

Originally Posted by Ricardo Malta

I hope the same people going hard against driving under the influence feel the same way about driving while texting or on the phone as well. It's all the same %!%!.

Absolutely - I can believe it's still legal to drive in the US with a phone in your hand. Most of the rest of the world banned that a long time ago.

I hope the same people going hard against driving under the influence feel the same way about driving while texting or on the phone as well. It's all the same %!%!.

They are probably the same ones who text and drive or talk on the phone all the time and drive. Even playing with your radio can be a distraction. Eating canbe a distraction. Anything can be a distraction while driving....

Also I've never said that drinking and driving was "cool" or "ok" to do... but yall prolly won't read this either...

Originally Posted by kdawg

Absolutely - I can believe it's still legal to drive in the US with a phone in your hand. Most of the rest of the world banned that a long time ago.

In D.C. you can't drive and talk on the cell phone. Well unless your using a blue tooth or whatever...

^ yeah, I thought there were regional variations but in a large part of the country you can still use them. In the UK and most of Europe you can't hold aphone at all. Doesn't mean people don't - I saw someone this morning - but you get points on your licence and a big fine now - and it's been thatway for a few years.

Originally Posted by kdawg

^ yeah, I thought there were regional variations but in a large part of the country you can still use them. In the UK and most of Europe you can't hold a phone at all. Doesn't mean people don't - I saw someone this morning - but you get points on your licence and a big fine now - and it's been that way for a few years.

I'm not sure if you get points in D.C. but I know they smack you with a nice little fine though. The crazy thing is I was riding with my gf sister theother day and we stopped at a redlight. While pulling off we noticed in the 3 cars around us people were driving and texting at the same time.

1. Derogatory comments regarding race, ethnic background, language, gender, sexual orientation or religion are strictly prohibited. The use of slurs and/or hate speech will result in immediate and permanent banishment from the community without warning.
...but keep trying me.

I guarantee you'll lose.

Originally Posted by YoUNg bR3aD

you're right...after reading in your original post about how you drive drunk occasionally i discredited anything else you had to say on the matter.

Originally Posted by YoUNg bR3aD

you're right...after reading in your original post about how you drive drunk occasionally i discredited anything else you had to say on the matter.

Well reading is fundamental you should try it sometime.
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom