DUNE (new film incoming, love the book, also loved the multiple Lynch versions)

The Dune series go that long? Damn :lol:
Movie was good. A bit too long, but the visuals and sound was amazing.
regret not seeing it in theaters now.
so who the real hero in this Dune story? If y’all say Timothy ends up ruthless anyways.

The Dune series go that long? Damn :lol:
Movie was good. A bit too long, but the visuals and sound was amazing.
regret not seeing it in theaters now.
so who the real hero in this Dune story? If y’all say Timothy ends up ruthless anyways.

no one really.
from frank Herbert
"The bottom line of the Dune trilogy is: beware of heroes. Much better rely on your own judgment, and your own mistakes."

Paul could have stopped the Jihad but that would have meant the death of his family so selfishly didn't want to do it. and billions died.
his son Leto rules as a tyrant 3000+ years but manages to put humanity on a path to avoid extinction.
is that heroic? I guess that's for you to decide.

The scene where Lady Jessica bae showed people not to mess with her was funny. The person regretted it right away.

Lady Jessica running round wild emotional like she can't **** people up. I liked Momoa's character though it was funny to me he was just doing himself and "my boy" "my man" -ing his way throughout the thing.
aquaman-my-man.gif

no one really.
from frank Herbert
"The bottom line of the Dune trilogy is: beware of heroes. Much better rely on your own judgment, and your own mistakes."

Paul could have stopped the Jihad but that would have meant the death of his family so selfishly didn't want to do it. and billions died.
his son Leto rules as a tyrant 3000+ years but manages to put humanity on a path to avoid extinction.
is that heroic? I guess that's for you to decide.

Been ages but I think Leto 'marries' his sister and turns into a sandworm. :lol: :lol: :lol:

The first book is perfectly fine as a one and done type deal. The 'Jihad' and other stuff won't sit too well with regular audiences.

Amazing flick….cinematography was next level geez. The framing was some of the best I have ever seen…..

Saw it in theaters and like some of yall I did miss alot of the dialogue…so ill be looking forward to watching it with subtitles, I really enjoyed it, I’ll probably watch it again on HBO this week.

Got lost in the world and discovered the Sci-fi channel sequel Children of Dune -- With Susan Sarandon and James McAvoy, how?

the Dune lore is interesting...granted i was not familiar with series besides the 1984 version (which was way before my time) :lol:

background material explains the use of melee weapons (swords, knives, etc), take on machines/robots, politics, and such

He made damn sure his tone was right when he got mad at his mom :lol:

Learned how to talk to these **** early :lol:

Zendaya probably aint gone tolerate none of that **** tho

Comicbookgirl19 on youtube is a major Dune fan and has a new vid about the setting and other cool stuff to know. She even did a book club for the series last year.

Reading the twitter posted last page is funny. guy is such a hater and said dune is a story about people and not supposed to be about epic visuals and scenes. STHU fool.

Back
Top Bottom