ESPN's what does Kobe have to do to surpass MJ?

Originally Posted by Kal Ripped Ken

Originally Posted by tupac003

Originally Posted by Kal Ripped Ken

^ but tmac is 7 ft tall of course he's gonna get more blocks and rebounds
grin.gif

lol tupac you musta missed the thread from a couple of months ago
laugh.gif
I used that same joke in the "most overrated playerin the NBA" thread and davidisgodly came in hard with the stonefaces.

Kobe will have to do A LOT more in his career just to end up being a Top 5 all-time player

Kobe is the best in This Generation...Jordan was the best in that generation...Labron will be next..

2eofhhh.jpg

THE "KING", The Standard by which basketball excellence is measured

6 Championships

6 Finals MVP

5 Season MVP

1 Defensive Player of the Year

10 Scoring Titles

7 consecutive Scoring Titles

7 consecutive Triple Doubles

45 points average in a playoff series

41 points average in a Finals series

2 Olympic Gold Medals

DUnkFan84:
Kobe is the best in This Generation...Jordan was the best in that generation...Labron will be next..
See, even saying that... I mean... the generation in between Jordan and the next generation, it's not clear-cut that Kobe was the best of thatgeneration.

Since Jordan (the Bull):
- Kobe won 2 scoring titles, 1 reg. season MVP, went 4-2 in the Finals, and earned 1 Finals MVP.
- Shaq won 1 scoring title, 1 reg. season MVP, went 4-1 in the Finals, and earned 3 Finals MVPs.
- Iverson won 4 scoring titles, 1 reg. season MVP, went 0-1 in the Finals
- Duncan won 0 scoring titles, 2 reg. season MVPs, went 4-0 in the Finals, and earned 3 Finals MVPs

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

^ Or... (on a more realistic level)... notch 8 more scoring titles, 4 more MVPs, 5 more Finals MVPs, and a DPOY.

I'm positive that would do it.

I'm also positive that nothing short of that will do it.
what is there more to discuss? this is literally the only way Kobe will be as good as Jordan on the court...off the court he has already LOST.

/thread

Even LA believes he's not better then Jordan, the people have spoken . . .

Jordan is better case closed!

Originally Posted by AirThompson

Even LA believes he's not better then Jordan, the people have spoken . . .

Jordan is better case closed!
But the problem is the an OPINION case can never be closed.

I think he will never be better then jordan unless he gets 3 more in a row right now and then I may think about it.

But this will NEVER end.

Yes, he is closer than LeBron.

Closer than LeBron will ever be? Psychic ability is necessary to make that statement, but it should be noted that while he is currently closer than LeBron, hedoes have a 7 year head start.
wink.gif

jordan did so much for the entire league. players are more accountable these days with technology (camera phones, twitter, etc.) that's why kobe'scolorado incident was blown up. what did you hear about jordan? he gambled too much? stayed up too late and still put up 50 the next day

Originally Posted by smoke ya later

jordan did so much for the entire league. players are more accountable these days with technology (camera phones, twitter, etc.) that's why kobe's colorado incident was blown up. what did you hear about jordan? he gambled too much? stayed up too late and still put up 50 the next day

we actually heard alot about jordan back in the day. only thing is he was protected by the media. nowadays star athletes arent because negativety = controversyand controversy = something to talk about. MJ had a gambling problem, bullied his teammates, was an arogant @*+ hole, cheated on his wife, etc. But none ofthem stories were fully put out there because the media protected the athletes. technology had nothing to do with it.

but as for the question what does kobe have to do to surpass MJ? i dont think he can. he waould have to win atleast 4 more titles for me to say he surpassedhim AND look like a better player because lets face it, throughout the finals dude really did force up shots in the final quarter. There was just somethingabout MJ that said damn......these guys wont lose because MJ is on their team. The league stayed trying to throw games back in the day aswell but MJ wasnthaving it. If Kobe was as great as MJ was he would have NEVER let the lakers go out to boston like they did last year. No way in hell.... I dont care if sternpaid refs to cheat for boston, MJ wouldnt have gone out like that...

Originally Posted by nyk buc

nobody is gonna surpass MJ, and if there was anybody, it'll be lebron and even he most likely won't.

1) u need to average 50%fg for your career (a tough task for any perimeter player nowadays, and kobe hasn't even sniffed it)
2) win 6 championships as THE MAIN GUY. kobe will never do that
3) win 6 finals MVPs. kobe will never do that
4) win 5 MVPs. kobe will never do that.
5) win the finals everytime you're in it (kobe failed twice already, 4 for 6)
6) break jordan's stats. kobe will never do that.
7) and there's a lot more

nobody will beat MJ most likely. he has set the bar WAY TOO HIGH.

his two season with washington did take some glow away from him... if his dad wouldnt have died he no doubt would have won atleast 9 straight titles

Originally Posted by MightyMYT

2eofhhh.jpg

THE "KING", The Standard by which basketball excellence is measured

6 Championships

6 Finals MVP

5 Season MVP

1 Defensive Player of the Year

10 Scoring Titles

7 consecutive Scoring Titles

7 consecutive Triple Doubles

45 points average in a playoff series

41 points average in a Finals series

2 Olympic Gold Medals

Kobe will never come close to accomplishing all this. He won't get 5 MVPs, that's for sure. He won't get a DPOY. He won't get 6 Finals MVPs.The only one of these he
might
match is the 6 rings, but he can't possibly do this without equaling the amount of seasons MJ was in the league. Kobe has played 13 seasons,MJ 15. Granted, Kobe came out of high-school so at least his first two seasons don't really count, but MJ also had an injury plagued (to an extent Kobenever had) 85-86 season, a coming out of retirement 94-95 season and two seasons with the Wizards. If you take these away, MJ averaged 0.5 rings, 0.5 MVPs and0.9 scoring titles per season played and was on the all-NBA 1st team every single season other than his rookie season, when he was all-NBA 2nd. He was alsoall-defense 1st team 9 out of 11 of those seasons.

But stacking up accomplishments like what I wrote above and the poster I'm replying to wrote is NOT the main reason why MJ is greater than Kobe. It wasbecause he was a better player on the court, not on paper. Contrary to the "Kobe had better skills" angle the Kobe fanboy tried to take above, MJ wasjust a better player. Unlike stacking up accomplishments, this is something that cannot be proven, so it's a matter of opinion. But if your opinion is thatKobe was a better player than Mike, then your opinion is @@*% .

And to those who say that LeBron won't come closer to MJ than Kobe in terms of accomplishments: Ha ha. All LeBron has to do is play his cards right in 2010and the sky is the limit. As for next season, the best thing he can do in terms of career accomplishments is going after the MVP because he's not goinganywhere with BUMo Williams as his right hand man. However, neither Kobe and LeBron will ever be as good as Jordan on the court. But at least in LeBron'scase, he won't constantly be in MJ's shadow like Kobe is. MJ was a 6'6 SG, Kobe is a 6'6 SG. LeBron doesn't need to be compared to MJ tothis extent. The type of player LeBron is, there was never anyone like this ever in the NBA. Who can you mention? Magic Johnson? Grant Hill? Neither was abeast to an extent LeBron is. Nobody in history of this league matches the combination of LeBron's size, strength and quickness. So when his career isdone, LeBron will have a better case for being the first LeBron James than Kobe will have for being the first Kobe Bryant.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

DUnkFan84:
See, even saying that... I mean... the generation in between Jordan and the next generation, it's not clear-cut that Kobe was the best of that generation.

Since Jordan (the Bull):
- Kobe won 2 scoring titles, 1 reg. season MVP, went 4-2 in the Finals, and earned 1 Finals MVP.
- Shaq won 1 scoring title, 1 reg. season MVP, went 4-1 in the Finals, and earned 3 Finals MVPs.
- Iverson won 4 scoring titles, 1 reg. season MVP, went 0-1 in the Finals
- Duncan won 0 scoring titles, 2 reg. season MVPs, went 4-0 in the Finals, and earned 3 Finals MVPs

excellent.

NobleKane wrote:
his two season with washington did take some glow away from him... if his dad wouldnt have died he no doubt would have won atleast 9 straight titles

roll.gif

IF YOURE SERIOUS PLEASE SEEK PROFESSIONAL HELP BECAUSE YOU MUST BE DELUSIONAL......

*Doug Collins is that you?*

lets not forget the D was a lot harder when MJ played and the competition was NBA 50 greatest...

AND kobe is not even the greatest laker of all time.... ahem magic

Kobe wont suprass MJ until he comes out with a shoe that looks better than the Black/cement AJ IIIs...

Originally Posted by MJsaver

NobleKane wrote:

roll.gif

IF YOURE SERIOUS PLEASE SEEK PROFESSIONAL HELP BECAUSE YOU MUST BE DELUSIONAL......

lets see : pushing to the limits on my time machine tonight
grin.gif

last win being in '98--- 6 rings of course
they could have won one of the two in between the 3 rings making it 7 or 8
they could have won the lock out year
gave the lakers a game 6/7, MJ + Pippen plus some nice free agents
grin.gif

9 in a row. no ......basically shutting down the decade even further...of course

This is why kobe can't at his level....he wasted away too much time doing this "look at me,look at me"act (04-08)
grin.gif

Originally Posted by you go boy

lets not forget the D was a lot harder when MJ played and the competition was NBA 50 greatest...

AND kobe is not even the greatest laker of all time.... ahem magic
Agree

Originally Posted by tmukg21

Originally Posted by MJsaver

NobleKane wrote:

roll.gif

lets see : pushing to the limits on my time machine tonight
grin.gif

last win being in '98--- 6 rings of course
they could have won one of the two in between the 3 rings making it 7 or 8
they could have won the lock out year
gave the lakers a game 6/7, MJ + Pippen plus some nice free agents
grin.gif

9 in a row. no ......basically shutting down the decade even further...of course

This is why kobe can't at his level....he wasted away too much time doing this "look at me,look at me"act (04-08)
grin.gif

only thing factual about ur rant is 6 rings...rest is blah blah

Back
Top Bottom