F yall Dressing Better cats...name a better...

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

I can dress well, but there is NOTHING more comfortable than some b-ball shorts...
/argument

i mean bball shorts are DESIGNED to keep you cool and comfy under HEAVY athletic activity, so if you're not doing anything like that its gonna be SUPER plush & comfy

versus a pair of tight shorts above da knees that don't stretch or are a perforated

tumblr_l2yay4kER01qbx0xgo1_500.jpg
>>>>>* 

Originally Posted by aceofjays

That $#!% was all good when I was in high school and college, but I'm a grown *** man now. I'll be dambed if I'm outside for the day in some b-ball shorts and I'm not goin to hoop.
Again, why does being a grown man have to do with this scenario? Why is it more mature not to wear basketball shorts than it is to wear them? I understand that it is DIFFERENT, but for those of you that keep using this maturity card is really just throwing that out there to justify one look over the other. Two different looks. One isn't better than the other. But how can you just say one is of a grown man and the other isn't. Nah man.

And if we are going to use the, "Why would I wear ____ if I am not going to ____."

Do you use that same logic with polos and golf shorts?

Originally Posted by aceofjays

That $#!% was all good when I was in high school and college, but I'm a grown *** man now. I'll be dambed if I'm outside for the day in some b-ball shorts and I'm not goin to hoop.
Again, why does being a grown man have to do with this scenario? Why is it more mature not to wear basketball shorts than it is to wear them? I understand that it is DIFFERENT, but for those of you that keep using this maturity card is really just throwing that out there to justify one look over the other. Two different looks. One isn't better than the other. But how can you just say one is of a grown man and the other isn't. Nah man.

And if we are going to use the, "Why would I wear ____ if I am not going to ____."

Do you use that same logic with polos and golf shorts?

any nothing more comfortable then wearing my army pts. i just throw them on if im going to the store, or dont feel like getting "fly"

any nothing more comfortable then wearing my army pts. i just throw them on if im going to the store, or dont feel like getting "fly"

I'm sorry but...

Scott's Attire game >>>> *

And that's being real, y'all can argue all you want. But you damn know, that if you were rocking what Scott wears. Your swag would be infinity and beyond (word to Buzz)

I'm sorry but...

Scott's Attire game >>>> *

And that's being real, y'all can argue all you want. But you damn know, that if you were rocking what Scott wears. Your swag would be infinity and beyond (word to Buzz)

Honestly if you admit that this look is meant to pretend that you are a basketball player you are a cornball and need to reevaluate yourself.If you say you wear it because its comfy and its just convenient then yeah thats cool.I think this whole bball shorts on every occasion outside of work and the club is wack.Folks need to realize you represent your brand out there and there is a time n place for this . In a college environment this has to be the sloppiest look possible imo.

You look like you just got out of bed or the gym.You spending what 40 bucks on pants, 150 on sneakers,over a hundred for some headphones and chances are you got your keys on a lanyard with your id card.They have clothes made for the summer that can give you the same level of comfort with a huge upgrade in public perception.That to me means you dont take yourself seriously.School to me is a business atmosphere look back nobody just wore anything to school .I'm not saying go buy a suit but take this stuff into account when you are out in the public pretending to be basketball players.

Honestly if you admit that this look is meant to pretend that you are a basketball player you are a cornball and need to reevaluate yourself.If you say you wear it because its comfy and its just convenient then yeah thats cool.I think this whole bball shorts on every occasion outside of work and the club is wack.Folks need to realize you represent your brand out there and there is a time n place for this . In a college environment this has to be the sloppiest look possible imo.

You look like you just got out of bed or the gym.You spending what 40 bucks on pants, 150 on sneakers,over a hundred for some headphones and chances are you got your keys on a lanyard with your id card.They have clothes made for the summer that can give you the same level of comfort with a huge upgrade in public perception.That to me means you dont take yourself seriously.School to me is a business atmosphere look back nobody just wore anything to school .I'm not saying go buy a suit but take this stuff into account when you are out in the public pretending to be basketball players.

Well first of all, obviously the basketball look will only be done by most when it is actually WARM outside. Meaning the, "not so serious" times of the year. Late spring and summer. So I am not seeing why the need to be "serious and business like" in your dress all of a sudden takes precedence.

Again, why is there is a need to be "serious." Oh yea I forgot, my work and professional life will be judged based on how I dress in the streets on a hot summer day. I am not understanding that angle man. I don't get it at all.

Well first of all, obviously the basketball look will only be done by most when it is actually WARM outside. Meaning the, "not so serious" times of the year. Late spring and summer. So I am not seeing why the need to be "serious and business like" in your dress all of a sudden takes precedence.

Again, why is there is a need to be "serious." Oh yea I forgot, my work and professional life will be judged based on how I dress in the streets on a hot summer day. I am not understanding that angle man. I don't get it at all.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

If you read carefully that post was aimed at college heads and high school ones. Peep this there are comfortable clothes that can keep you cool then in the summer time just as much as bball shorts and a tee shirt can. They even make the clothes lighter ,more breathable and the shorts are usually the same way too. thats why you see lighter material cargo pants,chinos,cargo shorts. The need to be serious is because you can't go and shouldnt go everywhere dressing like your about to play ball .Folks see that and automatically dont take you serious. Like I said by no means am i saying go buy suits,You can dress casual and comfortable without looking like your going to the gym or hopping straight out the bed.The need to look serious is based on the fact alot of folks look for summer jobs and can pass up these opportunities solely based on looks.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

If you read carefully that post was aimed at college heads and high school ones. Peep this there are comfortable clothes that can keep you cool then in the summer time just as much as bball shorts and a tee shirt can. They even make the clothes lighter ,more breathable and the shorts are usually the same way too. thats why you see lighter material cargo pants,chinos,cargo shorts. The need to be serious is because you can't go and shouldnt go everywhere dressing like your about to play ball .Folks see that and automatically dont take you serious. Like I said by no means am i saying go buy suits,You can dress casual and comfortable without looking like your going to the gym or hopping straight out the bed.The need to look serious is based on the fact alot of folks look for summer jobs and can pass up these opportunities solely based on looks.

Says who? Who says you "shouldn't go "everywhere" (even though we aren't speaking about EVERYWHERE, well I am not) with basketball shorts on.

What do you mean people automatically don't take you serious? WHere am I at?

It is the summer man. I am going to amusement parks, cookouts, just going over folks house catching up, markets, grocery stores. What do you mean nobody is going to take me serious? Those are casual locations. I am not trying to be taken serious, I am just out enjoying life and meeting folks.

I can't agree with what you are trying to say, especially since you keep bringing up EMPLOYMENT when this thread is only about casual (non-work related) activity.

Says who? Who says you "shouldn't go "everywhere" (even though we aren't speaking about EVERYWHERE, well I am not) with basketball shorts on.

What do you mean people automatically don't take you serious? WHere am I at?

It is the summer man. I am going to amusement parks, cookouts, just going over folks house catching up, markets, grocery stores. What do you mean nobody is going to take me serious? Those are casual locations. I am not trying to be taken serious, I am just out enjoying life and meeting folks.

I can't agree with what you are trying to say, especially since you keep bringing up EMPLOYMENT when this thread is only about casual (non-work related) activity.

Back
Top Bottom