F yall Dressing Better cats...name a better...

i dont wear basketball shorts

i would rather wear swim trunks casually than b ball shorts

i never did that baggy basketball shorts, oversized T, with adidas/jb/nike flip flops look
hate it.

i never did that baggy basketball shorts, oversized T, with adidas/jb/nike flip flops look
hate it.

tank top + swim trunks + fly shades all day

that is like the white person equivalent of this look i think....also is the spring break uniform

i endorse it

tank top + swim trunks + fly shades all day

that is like the white person equivalent of this look i think....also is the spring break uniform

i endorse it

Originally Posted by ThorrocksJs

Honestly if you admit that this look is meant to pretend that you are a basketball player you are a cornball and need to reevaluate yourself.If you say you wear it because its comfy and its just convenient then yeah thats cool.I think this whole bball shorts on every occasion outside of work and the club is wack.Folks need to realize you represent your brand out there and there is a time n place for this . In a college environment this has to be the sloppiest look possible imo.

You look like you just got out of bed or the gym.You spending what 40 bucks on pants, 150 on sneakers,over a hundred for some headphones and chances are you got your keys on a lanyard with your id card.They have clothes made for the summer that can give you the same level of comfort with a huge upgrade in public perception.That to me means you dont take yourself seriously.School to me is a business atmosphere look back nobody just wore anything to school .I'm not saying go buy a suit but take this stuff into account when you are out in the public pretending to be basketball players.
Sounds like you're more concerned about how people perceive you than anything.  There's a time and place for everything.  You don't always have to be fly there are times to dress up and times to dress down.

Originally Posted by ThorrocksJs

Honestly if you admit that this look is meant to pretend that you are a basketball player you are a cornball and need to reevaluate yourself.If you say you wear it because its comfy and its just convenient then yeah thats cool.I think this whole bball shorts on every occasion outside of work and the club is wack.Folks need to realize you represent your brand out there and there is a time n place for this . In a college environment this has to be the sloppiest look possible imo.

You look like you just got out of bed or the gym.You spending what 40 bucks on pants, 150 on sneakers,over a hundred for some headphones and chances are you got your keys on a lanyard with your id card.They have clothes made for the summer that can give you the same level of comfort with a huge upgrade in public perception.That to me means you dont take yourself seriously.School to me is a business atmosphere look back nobody just wore anything to school .I'm not saying go buy a suit but take this stuff into account when you are out in the public pretending to be basketball players.
Sounds like you're more concerned about how people perceive you than anything.  There's a time and place for everything.  You don't always have to be fly there are times to dress up and times to dress down.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by JoseBronx

Oh so now you use the grow up card. What is more grown about one article of clothing compared to the other. The athletic look vs. the preppy look. If that is what you want to call it, I don't know. But why must you say grow up as a means of justification why one shouldn't "relegate" himself to athletic style?

I don't see why one style is more MATURE than the other.

If that is all you have in your closet then its time to mature a bit. Dont tell me its ok to rock nike shorts to a interview or a date..

Like its been posted, there a time and place for everything

I thought we are talking about what is worn during casual time. Why is the idea of wearing athletic clothes to an interview or date even being brought up? Come on man, you are better than that. I am talking about casual wear. Stuff you do outside of work. Stuff you do in your free time.

With that being said, how can you call the preppy look more MATURE than the athletic look? Why does someone that wears athletic clothes need to grow up.

Im just referring to the NTers mad they cant wear this to the club, dudes bringing up pictures with outfits they think are too "white"

and Im not saying the athletic look portrays someone as immature but if thats all they rock then that alone gives the perception they dont take anything seriously

Originally Posted by JoseBronx

Oh so now you use the grow up card. What is more grown about one article of clothing compared to the other. The athletic look vs. the preppy look. If that is what you want to call it, I don't know. But why must you say grow up as a means of justification why one shouldn't "relegate" himself to athletic style?

I don't see why one style is more MATURE than the other.

If that is all you have in your closet then its time to mature a bit. Dont tell me its ok to rock nike shorts to a interview or a date..

Like its been posted, there a time and place for everything

I thought we are talking about what is worn during casual time. Why is the idea of wearing athletic clothes to an interview or date even being brought up? Come on man, you are better than that. I am talking about casual wear. Stuff you do outside of work. Stuff you do in your free time.

With that being said, how can you call the preppy look more MATURE than the athletic look? Why does someone that wears athletic clothes need to grow up.

Im just referring to the NTers mad they cant wear this to the club, dudes bringing up pictures with outfits they think are too "white"

and Im not saying the athletic look portrays someone as immature but if thats all they rock then that alone gives the perception they dont take anything seriously

why don't people just wear what they want and not argue about it in a 12 page thread on niketalk?

i like my chino shorts above the knee as much as i love rockin' my UT basketball shorts, btw.

Peep this there are comfortable clothes that can keep you cool then in the summer time just as much as bball shorts and a tee shirt can. They even make the clothes lighter ,more breathable and the shorts are usually the same way too. thats why you see lighter material cargo pants,chinos,cargo shorts. The need to be serious is because you can't go and shouldnt go everywhere dressing like your about to play ball .Folks see that and automatically dont take you serious. Like I said by no means am i saying go buy suits,You can dress casual and comfortable without looking like your going to the gym or hopping straight out the bed.The need to look serious is based on the fact alot of folks look for summer jobs and can pass up these opportunities solely based on looks.

100% Truth.  It's quite clear to see that some of you dudes in here have no image to maintain whatsoever.  Just a bunch of dudes that get up in the morning and head out into the streets looking like who done it and why.  B-ball shorts are okay to rock here and there, but if b-ball shorts are your main source of clothing during the summer then it's time to hit the mall shopping for new attire.   

Peep this there are comfortable clothes that can keep you cool then in the summer time just as much as bball shorts and a tee shirt can. They even make the clothes lighter ,more breathable and the shorts are usually the same way too. thats why you see lighter material cargo pants,chinos,cargo shorts. The need to be serious is because you can't go and shouldnt go everywhere dressing like your about to play ball .Folks see that and automatically dont take you serious. Like I said by no means am i saying go buy suits,You can dress casual and comfortable without looking like your going to the gym or hopping straight out the bed.The need to look serious is based on the fact alot of folks look for summer jobs and can pass up these opportunities solely based on looks.

100% Truth.  It's quite clear to see that some of you dudes in here have no image to maintain whatsoever.  Just a bunch of dudes that get up in the morning and head out into the streets looking like who done it and why.  B-ball shorts are okay to rock here and there, but if b-ball shorts are your main source of clothing during the summer then it's time to hit the mall shopping for new attire.   

why don't people just wear what they want and not argue about it in a 12 page thread on niketalk?

i like my chino shorts above the knee as much as i love rockin' my UT basketball shorts, btw.

Originally Posted by Al Audi

hate it.

Originally Posted by Al Audi

hate it.

To each his own...but I'm dressed up for work M-F. I go for EXTREME comfort (ie b-ball shorts, t-shirt) when I'm lounging around the house or running errands. If I have somewhere I need to be after work or on the weekends (functions, restaurant, bar, etc), OF COURSE I'll change it up to something different...but I don't see the point of sitting around in some seersucker chinos when you got nothing to do for the sake of trying to "feel more grown up."
laugh.gif
C'mon now...

To each his own...but I'm dressed up for work M-F. I go for EXTREME comfort (ie b-ball shorts, t-shirt) when I'm lounging around the house or running errands. If I have somewhere I need to be after work or on the weekends (functions, restaurant, bar, etc), OF COURSE I'll change it up to something different...but I don't see the point of sitting around in some seersucker chinos when you got nothing to do for the sake of trying to "feel more grown up."
laugh.gif
C'mon now...

it's clear in those on both sides are committing an equivocation by switching the meanings of dressing "better" and "comfortable", so i'll attempt to define both. 
i'd say to dress "better" would be to simply dress like a professional should look, depending on the situation. Whether this is casually or formally. 

to dress "comfortably" is self explanatory; what isn't though is where one should one put being comfortable above dressing "better". 

there are many situations that call for putting comfort above dressing better: lounging in your house, sports, hanging out with close friends, etc.

however, there are just as many situations that call for dressing "better": work, school, clubs, etc. 

it's clear in those on both sides are committing an equivocation by switching the meanings of dressing "better" and "comfortable", so i'll attempt to define both. 
i'd say to dress "better" would be to simply dress like a professional should look, depending on the situation. Whether this is casually or formally. 

to dress "comfortably" is self explanatory; what isn't though is where one should one put being comfortable above dressing "better". 

there are many situations that call for putting comfort above dressing better: lounging in your house, sports, hanging out with close friends, etc.

however, there are just as many situations that call for dressing "better": work, school, clubs, etc. 

Originally Posted by spacerace

da fail in your post is not understanding that "better" is subjective, and so is "professional"

money dressed in da lucky charm green pants rockin that fit in 90+ degree weather isn't "better" then a T, shots, and some kicks or flip flops

NBA players making millions of dollars wear bball shorts and jersey as part of their "professional business attire"

Back
Top Bottom