F yall Dressing Better cats...name a better...

Originally Posted by spacerace

it's clear in those on both sides are committing an equivocation by switching the meanings of dressing "better" and "comfortable", so i'll attempt to define both. 
i'd say to dress "better" would be to simply dress like a professional should look, depending on the situation. Whether this is casually or formally. 

to dress "comfortably" is self explanatory; what isn't though is where one should one put being comfortable above dressing "better". 

there are many situations that call for putting comfort above dressing better: lounging in your house, sports, hanging out with close friends, etc.

however, there are just as many situations that call for dressing "better": work, school, clubs, etc. 
da fail in your post is not understanding that "better" is subjective, and so is "professional"

money dressed in da lucky charm green pants rockin that fit in 90+ degree weather isn't "better" then a T, shots, and some kicks or flip flops

NBA players making millions of dollars wear bball shorts and jersey as part of their "professional business attire"

Lets stop looking at what other men wear for a second, and look at what other women wear and how their styles attract US, shall we? Since after all, this thread ORIGINALLY boasts the idea of attracting females regarding what you wear

What-is-Professional-Business-Attire-for.jpg

= the dressing better thread for men. This is basically professional office attire. Now ask yourself, would you want to holla at this woman when its 98 degree outsite scorching hot and she's in line getting starbucks, and shes not on her way to the office but a cook out?

And how are these outfits GROWN UP, while this isnt?

protokolo-108_1-capri%20pant.jpg

After all, if we feel comfy in bball shorts/sneakers and a white T and to impose a summer/laid back look, then this is what a woman would be wearing too if she's in an athletic mood (even if she isnt a jogger, who cares? look at those buns....)

Do you think a woman would find you attratice if you wore a typical outfit of blazer/bow tie/brown shoes to a chill spot on the block or the "baller look" to a social gathering?

The age on these 2 woman is not EXACTLY close, but hypothetically speaking, if they were to switch clothes between each other, I'd still find the 2 attratice and grown up. BECAUSE THEY WEAR WHAT WHAT THEY FEEL IS APPROPRIATE FOR THE SITUATION. Thats what determines the GROWN UP of the fashion bearer.

Lets stop looking at what other men wear for a second, and look at what other women wear and how their styles attract US, shall we? Since after all, this thread ORIGINALLY boasts the idea of attracting females regarding what you wear

What-is-Professional-Business-Attire-for.jpg

= the dressing better thread for men. This is basically professional office attire. Now ask yourself, would you want to holla at this woman when its 98 degree outsite scorching hot and she's in line getting starbucks, and shes not on her way to the office but a cook out?

And how are these outfits GROWN UP, while this isnt?

protokolo-108_1-capri%20pant.jpg

After all, if we feel comfy in bball shorts/sneakers and a white T and to impose a summer/laid back look, then this is what a woman would be wearing too if she's in an athletic mood (even if she isnt a jogger, who cares? look at those buns....)

Do you think a woman would find you attratice if you wore a typical outfit of blazer/bow tie/brown shoes to a chill spot on the block or the "baller look" to a social gathering?

The age on these 2 woman is not EXACTLY close, but hypothetically speaking, if they were to switch clothes between each other, I'd still find the 2 attratice and grown up. BECAUSE THEY WEAR WHAT WHAT THEY FEEL IS APPROPRIATE FOR THE SITUATION. Thats what determines the GROWN UP of the fashion bearer.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

it's clear in those on both sides are committing an equivocation by switching the meanings of dressing "better" and "comfortable", so i'll attempt to define both. 
i'd say to dress "better" would be to simply dress like a professional should look, depending on the situation. Whether this is casually or formally. 

to dress "comfortably" is self explanatory; what isn't though is where one should one put being comfortable above dressing "better". 

there are many situations that call for putting comfort above dressing better: lounging in your house, sports, hanging out with close friends, etc.

however, there are just as many situations that call for dressing "better": work, school, clubs, etc. 
da fail in your post is not understanding that "better" is subjective, and so is "professional"

money dressed in da lucky charm green pants rockin that fit in 90+ degree weather isn't "better" then a T, shots, and some kicks or flip flops

NBA players making millions of dollars wear bball shorts and jersey as part of their "professional business attire"
DA fail in yours is using NBA players as an example. You are using .000000000000000000000000000000000001 percent of the population that are actually making a living off of playing a sports as a defense as to why you are allowed to wear their uniform everyday. The players themselves don't even wear the tshirt/shorts/flip flop combo everyday (it's getting monotonous just typing it, couldn't imagine wearing it everyday) . When they want to be taken serious off of the court, you better believe they are dressing "better".
98547_Heat_Bulls_Basketball.jpg

DA fail in yours is using NBA players as an example. You are using .000000000000000000000000000000000001 percent of the population that are actually making a living off of playing a sports as a defense as to why you are allowed to wear their uniform everyday. The players themselves don't even wear the tshirt/shorts/flip flop combo everyday (it's getting monotonous just typing it, couldn't imagine wearing it everyday) . When they want to be taken serious off of the court, you better believe they are dressing "better".

Originally Posted by NiPxD
You got it all twisted.

Its like that one girl that would be nice if she dressed up every now and them, but she stay in a pair of dirty prokeds, bball shorts and a dirty white T everyday, tomabout "im comfy as hell".

you know damn well you aint gonna give her no play.

You got it all twisted.

Its like that one girl that would be nice if she dressed up every now and them, but she stay in a pair of dirty prokeds, bball shorts and a dirty white T everyday, tomabout "im comfy as hell".

laugh.gif

have you seen how michael jordan dresses like?

tumblr_ldumd827J91qcmnsoo1_400.jpg

i dare ANYONE NOT to take michael jordan "seriously" because he's dressed in any way shape or form...
laugh.gif

da more ya "better dressed" defenders talk da more insecurities start to leak out ya arguments.

da same tired "professional" arguement has been made for decades with tattoos...and its obvious that times and moods have changed with those...

da next fail is you picking lebron james on da sidelines when everyone knows about da league dress codes in place...wanna see what lebron does when he's just chilling?

lebron-james-with_entourage-july-9th-2010-2010-07-09_00012-820x1237.jpg

yeah.

laugh.gif

i dare ANYONE NOT to take michael jordan "seriously" because he's dressed in any way shape or form...
laugh.gif

da more ya "better dressed" defenders talk da more insecurities start to leak out ya arguments.

da same tired "professional" arguement has been made for decades with tattoos...and its obvious that times and moods have changed with those...

da next fail is you picking lebron james on da sidelines when everyone knows about da league dress codes in place...wanna see what lebron does when he's just chilling?

lebron-james-with_entourage-july-9th-2010-2010-07-09_00012-820x1237.jpg

yeah.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

To each his own...but I'm dressed up for work M-F. I go for EXTREME comfort (ie b-ball shorts, t-shirt) when I'm lounging around the house or running errands. If I have somewhere I need to be after work or on the weekends (functions, restaurant, bar, etc), OF COURSE I'll change it up to something different...but I don't see the point of sitting around in some seersucker chinos when you got nothing to do for the sake of trying to "feel more grown up."
laugh.gif
C'mon now...

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

To each his own...but I'm dressed up for work M-F. I go for EXTREME comfort (ie b-ball shorts, t-shirt) when I'm lounging around the house or running errands. If I have somewhere I need to be after work or on the weekends (functions, restaurant, bar, etc), OF COURSE I'll change it up to something different...but I don't see the point of sitting around in some seersucker chinos when you got nothing to do for the sake of trying to "feel more grown up."
laugh.gif
C'mon now...

Originally Posted by sn00pee

You got it all twisted.

Now where in my post do i say DIRTY prokeds and DIRTY white T....or is that wat YOU said? Clearly I've posted a picture of a female NOT wearing bbal shorts, clean Nike and uhm....yea not exactly the picture you just painted.

And where in my post does it say she dressed up EVERY NOW AND THEN?

Then yea you're right, according to YOUR post, i aint gonna give her no play.

Originally Posted by sn00pee

You got it all twisted.

Now where in my post do i say DIRTY prokeds and DIRTY white T....or is that wat YOU said? Clearly I've posted a picture of a female NOT wearing bbal shorts, clean Nike and uhm....yea not exactly the picture you just painted.

And where in my post does it say she dressed up EVERY NOW AND THEN?

Then yea you're right, according to YOUR post, i aint gonna give her no play.

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

yeah.
DA fail in yours is using NBA players as an example. You are using .000000000000000000000000000000000001 percent of the population that are actually making a living off of playing a sports as a defense as to why you are allowed to wear their uniform everyday. The players themselves don't even wear the tshirt/shorts/flip flop combo everyday (it's getting monotonous just typing it, couldn't imagine wearing it everyday) .
why did you not address this part of my argument. just curious?

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

yeah.
DA fail in yours is using NBA players as an example. You are using .000000000000000000000000000000000001 percent of the population that are actually making a living off of playing a sports as a defense as to why you are allowed to wear their uniform everyday. The players themselves don't even wear the tshirt/shorts/flip flop combo everyday (it's getting monotonous just typing it, couldn't imagine wearing it everyday) .

The thought of wearing socks with sandals makes me cringe....or socks in hot weather with shorts
sick.gif

Basketball shorts, black vneck tee and some flip flops when im loungin....

The thought of wearing socks with sandals makes me cringe....or socks in hot weather with shorts
sick.gif

Basketball shorts, black vneck tee and some flip flops when im loungin....

dressing this way is acceptable by me because I come from a basketball background...

can't we say sporting board shorts, a tank and some new eras would be the equivalent?

but one question is....why do some of the kids today wear double socks, and in oppposite color? Never quite understood that.

dressing this way is acceptable by me because I come from a basketball background...

can't we say sporting board shorts, a tank and some new eras would be the equivalent?

but one question is....why do some of the kids today wear double socks, and in oppposite color? Never quite understood that.

Originally Posted by RawSheed

wondered the same thing
laugh.gif
 It's not a bad look though

Originally Posted by RawSheed

wondered the same thing
laugh.gif
 It's not a bad look though

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

yeah.

because its ridiculous, but since you want me to school you on why sure lemme go in.

there are MILLIONS of people who are professionals who make FULL TIME career money dressed in "bball shorts"

-collegiate, highschool, afterschool coaches

-personal trainers

-referees

and let's not even talk about people who are self employed or are in career fields that don't require what you consider "business attire"

-barbers

-bodyguards

-life guards

-artists

-etc

da fact that i can make a case no matter how "little" you consider it a crack in your argument makes your whole post irrelevant.. 

Back
Top Bottom