F yall Dressing Better cats...name a better...

Originally Posted by spacerace

outside of their job, their uniform is not accepted as a professional look. 
think about that for a second

laugh.gif

who is setting these parameters? when you look "professional" it basically means you're dressed to make money or in a work setting..if you're professional setting is da strip club then

this would be your professional look...point is "professional look" isn't a one size fits all tag

another example is if i wore camo around my hood im dressing casual, but if i had da same BDUs in da military i'd be "looking professional"

moral of da story is different times call for different measures, overdressing like some of da dorks in that other thread just to get some eggs or cereal at da store for da sake of "looking grown"

is just as bad as "rocking b-ball shorts to da club". but at da end of da day though  dressing better cats too hung up on perception of others....meanwhile cats in b-ball shorts = not a damn being given

Originally Posted by ninjahood

laugh.gif

who is setting these parameters? when you look "professional" it basically means you're dressed to make money or in a work setting..if you're professional setting is da strip club then

this would be your professional look...point is "professional look" isn't a one size fits all tag

another example is if i wore camo around my hood im dressing casual, but if i had da same BDUs in da military i'd be "looking professional"

moral of da story is different times call for different measures, overdressing like some of da dorks in that other thread just to get some eggs or cereal at da store for da sake of "looking grown"

is just as bad as "rocking b-ball shorts to da club". but at da end of da day though  dressing better cats too hung up on perception of others....meanwhile cats in b-ball shorts = not a damn being given
Keep reaching and you gonna cause a shoevalance in your room Papi.

Those dorks got they own apartments and careers .
pimp.gif

All jokes aside you reaching fam.If she had to go to a place like a  meeting or another job interview at lets say kinkos she is putting on a dress of some sort. I mean really son you could have picked a better example.Find some chicas from around the way with the culo

laugh.gif

Keep reaching and you gonna cause a shoevalance in your room Papi.

Those dorks got they own apartments and careers .
pimp.gif

All jokes aside you reaching fam.If she had to go to a place like a  meeting or another job interview at lets say kinkos she is putting on a dress of some sort. I mean really son you could have picked a better example.Find some chicas from around the way with the culo

i understand what you are saying. but this is my only problem with your argument. that fact is you care about the perception that others have of you just as much as the "dressing better" cats. you can say that yo don't give a damn, but their is an 14 page thread dedicated to bball shorts/tshirt/slippers that begs to differ. the bbal shorts gives one an illusion that the wearer doesn't care what he has on. but it's obvious from the thought process that has been explained by a lot of the posters including OP is that you made a conscious decision to wear what you put on.

i understand what you are saying. but this is my only problem with your argument. that fact is you care about the perception that others have of you just as much as the "dressing better" cats. you can say that yo don't give a damn, but their is an 14 page thread dedicated to bball shorts/tshirt/slippers that begs to differ. the bbal shorts gives one an illusion that the wearer doesn't care what he has on. but it's obvious from the thought process that has been explained by a lot of the posters including OP is that you made a conscious decision to wear what you put on.

Originally Posted by JoseBronx

and Im not saying the athletic look portrays someone as immature but if thats all they rock then that alone gives the perception they dont take anything seriously
But if they aren't at work who gives a damn if someone doesn't take anything seriously? The only "serious" thing is relationships with friends and family and work. Why does anyone have to be serious for one second outside of those worlds?

Originally Posted by JoseBronx

and Im not saying the athletic look portrays someone as immature but if thats all they rock then that alone gives the perception they dont take anything seriously
But if they aren't at work who gives a damn if someone doesn't take anything seriously? The only "serious" thing is relationships with friends and family and work. Why does anyone have to be serious for one second outside of those worlds?

da conscience effort is derived from stylish & sporty comfort, not from pretentious "maturity" issue...

91227W4_UNION_B-GR_013.jpg

we in da summer time...bout time some of ya start acting like it
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

da conscience effort is derived from stylish & sporty comfort, not from pretentious "maturity" issue...

91227W4_UNION_B-GR_013.jpg

we in da summer time...bout time some of ya start acting like it
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

I just don't understand why someone needs to be professional outside of work. In terms of DRESS. And then you say folks won't take you seirous, but like I said, this is the got damn summer. Casual, relaxed, fun filled are the themes of the summer. Why do I care if I am not taken serious at a damn cookout? Or if I am at the Goodman (DC version of the Rucker), who cares if I am not taken serious. Those are relaxed environments.

So until people are shooting out job offers at cookouts and pool parties, I will continue to dress relaxed during the summer.

I just don't understand why someone needs to be professional outside of work. In terms of DRESS. And then you say folks won't take you seirous, but like I said, this is the got damn summer. Casual, relaxed, fun filled are the themes of the summer. Why do I care if I am not taken serious at a damn cookout? Or if I am at the Goodman (DC version of the Rucker), who cares if I am not taken serious. Those are relaxed environments.

So until people are shooting out job offers at cookouts and pool parties, I will continue to dress relaxed during the summer.

Originally Posted by Koudie From BroOklyn

Originally Posted by Its That Dude

Wrong.

Summer-2010-Presentation-00.jpg
> *
smokin.gif
so you're gonna wear a cashmere cardigan in da middle of a NYC heat wave with a denim button up layered under with some cut off slacks & desert boots? oh...
laugh.gif
nerd.gif

Wrong.

> *
smokin.gif
so you're gonna wear a cashmere cardigan in da middle of a NYC heat wave with a denim button up layered under with some cut off slacks & desert boots? oh...
laugh.gif
nerd.gif

Wrong.

> *
smokin.gif
laugh.gif
nerd.gif
talking about sweaty.. One step outside and its over

Wrong.

> *
smokin.gif
laugh.gif
nerd.gif
talking about sweaty.. One step outside and its over

Wrong.

> *
smokin.gif
laugh.gif
nerd.gif
Yeah bc NYC is a desert that is sweltering everyday. There are ways to layer with light fabric...cashmere for example is very light and I have worn a cashmere hoodie in the summer in NYC plenty times. Sure if its 80 plus I go with a tee or polo but how often does that happen in the northeast? And you really tryna say dude is dumb for wearing desert boots in the heat. Are you aware they are called DESERT boots? Cut off slacks = shorts. Terrible summer choice right? You keep citing athletes and your latest example was a stripper. Just admit you have no idea what DA %++* you're talking about fam

Wrong.

> *
smokin.gif
laugh.gif
nerd.gif
Yeah bc NYC is a desert that is sweltering everyday. There are ways to layer with light fabric...cashmere for example is very light and I have worn a cashmere hoodie in the summer in NYC plenty times. Sure if its 80 plus I go with a tee or polo but how often does that happen in the northeast? And you really tryna say dude is dumb for wearing desert boots in the heat. Are you aware they are called DESERT boots? Cut off slacks = shorts. Terrible summer choice right? You keep citing athletes and your latest example was a stripper. Just admit you have no idea what DA %++* you're talking about fam

Back
Top Bottom