F yall Dressing Better cats...name a better...

Originally Posted by FedExciter

Originally Posted by keithsweatsjordans

Originally Posted by ninjahood

so you're gonna wear a cashmere cardigan in da middle of a NYC heat wave with a denim button up layered under with some cut off slacks & desert boots? oh...
laugh.gif
nerd.gif

Sure if its 80 plus I go with a tee or polo but how often does that happen in the northeast?
not too often, just about everyday from mid june to early september
Where do you live in the NE that averages 80+ in the summer? I'll wait.

DC based on a general perception most will agree that

Bball shorts = chillin, not giving a damb

Some nice fitted shorts, vneck or polo and some boatshoes = still chillin and most people will agree it's a better look..and honestly is just as effortless as the whole hooper look...some of ya should try it before you knock it, might surprise yourself.

DC based on a general perception most will agree that

Bball shorts = chillin, not giving a damb

Some nice fitted shorts, vneck or polo and some boatshoes = still chillin and most people will agree it's a better look..and honestly is just as effortless as the whole hooper look...some of ya should try it before you knock it, might surprise yourself.

Sure if its 80 plus I go with a tee or polo but how often does that happen in the northeast?

Wait are we talkin Maine and those states way up there??...because I consider NY north east and it's been over 80 this whole week and it's not even June yet....summer over here we talkin average 90 degree weather.

Wait are we talkin Maine and those states way up there??...because I consider NY north east and it's been over 80 this whole week and it's not even June yet....summer over here we talkin average 90 degree weather.

Originally Posted by proper english

analyzing though? huh? i wrote 1 sentence that came up off the top of my head. 
laugh.gif

btw, i dress nice to work 4 days a week.. youre the one doing all the assuming. 

relax fam. 
laugh.gif
I hate when people say "relax"...I'm sitting on my couch with my legs posted on an ottoman. Thanks for the concern though
laugh.gif
But again, the fact that the first thing that came to your head was "dudes sweet" based off a cardigan and cutoff slacks says alot about what you think on a normal basis. But wait, you dress nice four days a week? How do you pull girls lookin all sweet like that?

i dont understand where youre trying to get at now.. just stop. 
laugh.gif
wink.gif

Originally Posted by proper english

analyzing though? huh? i wrote 1 sentence that came up off the top of my head. 
laugh.gif

btw, i dress nice to work 4 days a week.. youre the one doing all the assuming. 

relax fam. 
laugh.gif
I hate when people say "relax"...I'm sitting on my couch with my legs posted on an ottoman. Thanks for the concern though
laugh.gif
But again, the fact that the first thing that came to your head was "dudes sweet" based off a cardigan and cutoff slacks says alot about what you think on a normal basis. But wait, you dress nice four days a week? How do you pull girls lookin all sweet like that?

i dont understand where youre trying to get at now.. just stop. 
laugh.gif
wink.gif

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

But why do you equate MATURITY with dressing preppy? Why is that MATURE? You haven't answered that question, you just repeated it. Maturity as in what? What makes it more mature? How is it more mature? Does someone with basketball shorts on less likely to be financially responsible? or are they more prone to abandon their son? I just want to see the link to dress style and maturity.
Son.
aceofjays wrote:

I guess it comes down to your personal opinion and mindset. For example, when I think of what someone mature is wearing when they're out for the day, they're not in basketball shorts.
Where/when does/did it develop? Sometime throughout my life. I can't tell you where exactly.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

But why do you equate MATURITY with dressing preppy? Why is that MATURE? You haven't answered that question, you just repeated it. Maturity as in what? What makes it more mature? How is it more mature? Does someone with basketball shorts on less likely to be financially responsible? or are they more prone to abandon their son? I just want to see the link to dress style and maturity.
Son.
aceofjays wrote:

I guess it comes down to your personal opinion and mindset. For example, when I think of what someone mature is wearing when they're out for the day, they're not in basketball shorts.
Where/when does/did it develop? Sometime throughout my life. I can't tell you where exactly.

I honestly have no idea why there is even a 15 page argument on this?
Why can't some people just like one thing and other like another?
Why are people always worried what others are doing and tries to change their mind or opinions?

Why does it matter so much if one person chills in b-ball shorts with a tee and flip-flops and the other chills with chinos with a polo and loafers?
Other chill at home while other chill at yachts, other chills at the mall while others at the park.

In the end, do what you want.

Why are people always worried what others are doing and tries to change their mind or opinions?

Why does it matter so much if one person chills in b-ball shorts with a tee and flip-flops and the other chills with chinos with a polo and loafers?
Other chill at home while other chill at yachts, other chills at the mall while others at the park.

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

Originally Posted by ksteezy

You look just as stupid wearing some high cotton socks (black at that) in the same heat as a dude with a cashmere cardigan, not to mention you are also accessorizing and throwing on extra garments for te sake of a certain "look"
That's the funniest part of all of this.

The "comfort" crew doesn't understand or won't admit that they are guilty of the very things they accuse the "dressing people" crowd of. 

You swear up and down that anyone who tries to dress well is doing it to impress people, like the whole "comfort" look isn't a rehearsed routine that certain people rock for the same exact reasons and with the same exact goals as others who dress differently. 

And another thing that is misconceived is the whole "comfort" issue. I am much more comfortable physically in a well-fitting t-shirt and some slim shorts like the ones Scott is wearing a few pages back than some baggy basketball shorts and a huge t-shirt. 

why does it HAVE to be BAGGY basketball shorts and a HUGE tee?
laugh.gif
this has been said several times
what about the pic of D-Wade a page or 2 ago, dudes shorts hit right at the middle of his knees and his tshirt fits well imo.
im a fan of both styles being argued in here, if that matters

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

Originally Posted by ksteezy

You look just as stupid wearing some high cotton socks (black at that) in the same heat as a dude with a cashmere cardigan, not to mention you are also accessorizing and throwing on extra garments for te sake of a certain "look"
That's the funniest part of all of this.

The "comfort" crew doesn't understand or won't admit that they are guilty of the very things they accuse the "dressing people" crowd of. 

You swear up and down that anyone who tries to dress well is doing it to impress people, like the whole "comfort" look isn't a rehearsed routine that certain people rock for the same exact reasons and with the same exact goals as others who dress differently. 

And another thing that is misconceived is the whole "comfort" issue. I am much more comfortable physically in a well-fitting t-shirt and some slim shorts like the ones Scott is wearing a few pages back than some baggy basketball shorts and a huge t-shirt. 

why does it HAVE to be BAGGY basketball shorts and a HUGE tee?
laugh.gif
this has been said several times
what about the pic of D-Wade a page or 2 ago, dudes shorts hit right at the middle of his knees and his tshirt fits well imo.
im a fan of both styles being argued in here, if that matters

Originally Posted by blondsoccerplyr

Socks and sandals is hands down the WORST thing you could wear. I literally laugh out loud every time I see someone with that combo.

Originally Posted by blondsoccerplyr

Socks and sandals is hands down the WORST thing you could wear. I literally laugh out loud every time I see someone with that combo.

Originally Posted by RFX45

Why is Jadakiss as hard as it gets?

Why is Jadakiss as hard as it gets?

When you introduce words like maturity to the equation, that is when I had a rebuttal. Which has yet to be explained to me. Yes people accept that idea but I am not sure how that makes it any more/less accurate. I just don't believe maturity level should be brought into this equation. We are simply speaking about tastes. Usually when people spend more $ on something, they use the whole, "My tastes are more mature than yours." People do it with fashion, forms of entertainment, and even with food. I don't view it a maturity thing. I view it as people like different things.

And Persia, I never once said that dressing better dudes dress any more/less for others than the comfort dudes. I said in my first post that we all dress for the approval of others so I don't know why you all are taking it serious. I guess you missed that part.

When you introduce words like maturity to the equation, that is when I had a rebuttal. Which has yet to be explained to me. Yes people accept that idea but I am not sure how that makes it any more/less accurate. I just don't believe maturity level should be brought into this equation. We are simply speaking about tastes. Usually when people spend more $ on something, they use the whole, "My tastes are more mature than yours." People do it with fashion, forms of entertainment, and even with food. I don't view it a maturity thing. I view it as people like different things.

And Persia, I never once said that dressing better dudes dress any more/less for others than the comfort dudes. I said in my first post that we all dress for the approval of others so I don't know why you all are taking it serious. I guess you missed that part.

this might just be the best thing posted in this thread so far.

this might just be the best thing posted in this thread so far.

Back
Top Bottom