F yall Dressing Better cats...name a better...

Originally Posted by you big dummy

what ya'll know about these

nikeblazerhighanthracit.jpg
Mayor wore a red pair of these to a summit a few months ago
laugh.gif

Like what's been stated before; there is a dichotomy to the system.

1- Lounge wear
- bb shorts
- t-shirts / v necks
- sandals / flip flops / bb shoes
- fitteds

2- Dress appearal
- fitted polo's
- jeans or chino's
- button downs
- polished leather shoes

Knowing when to wear what is essential.

Depending on who I am with sets the tone for the outting.
If i'm going to applebees or chili's with my boys to chill, bb shorts and a v neck will suffice.
Yet, if my fiance and I are hitting up applebees or chili's on a date i'm wearing a fitted polo with jeans (if winter) or cargo shorts (if summer, not too baggy).
If i have a dinner with a group of people a that is a higher end restaurant then it's a colored button down with a pair of presses khaki suit pants and a pair of florsheim's

Majority of my outfits are ball shorts and t-shirts with sandles or kobe's.

In the end you need to feel comfortable with what you wear and take some measures to at-least play the part.

Jean shorts have never been in, in any time of my life in my location.

1- Lounge wear
- bb shorts
- t-shirts / v necks
- fitteds

2- Dress appearal
- fitted polo's
- jeans or chino's
- button downs
- polished leather shoes

If i'm going to applebees or chili's with my boys to chill, bb shorts and a v neck will suffice.
Yet, if my fiance and I are hitting up applebees or chili's on a date i'm wearing a fitted polo with jeans (if winter) or cargo shorts (if summer, not too baggy).
If i have a dinner with a group of people a that is a higher end restaurant then it's a colored button down with a pair of presses khaki suit pants and a pair of florsheim's

In the end you need to feel comfortable with what you wear and take some measures to at-least play the part.

Originally Posted by tdrizzle

1- Lounge wear
- bb shorts
- t-shirts / v necks
- fitteds

2- Dress appearal
- fitted polo's
- jeans or chino's
- button downs
- polished leather shoes

*claps hands*
This guys got it.

Originally Posted by tdrizzle

1- Lounge wear
- bb shorts
- t-shirts / v necks
- fitteds

2- Dress appearal
- fitted polo's
- jeans or chino's
- button downs
- polished leather shoes

*claps hands*
This guys got it.

Originally Posted by DJprestige21

First of all I'm not here to knock anyones style, who am I to judge the clothes you wear.

Obviously the majority of people arguing against "Dressing Better" are under 21, of course there is the always the exception who will probably renounce this. Most of this is directed to is dressing during the night, you can get away with near anything during daytime.

Once you turn 21+ and start going out to decent bars in the city and not the average college bar you are going to have to switch up the style. The repetitive fitted and tee combo isn't going to work anymore and a couple of reasons come to mind.

-You aren't going to get in.

-25+ female women with college degrees are not even trying to talk to you.

-The bartender probably isn't even going to take you seriously.

Having a large amount of money and/or a nice car disputes all of this but if you have these things you usually have some type of jewels to basically show "I don't need to be classy and I'm still doing it". I have friends that are on this level and can roll up anywhere in a fitted/tee because they are rocking 20k+ bracelets while pulling up in 100k cars, however this is a very small percentage of people.

4c7260c305281b0e38b60fdabbf74f19230b837f.gif

couldnt agree more.
KiCkzB4HoZ wrote:
Originally Posted by vcof2005

Im sorry but those slim jean/short things just go to show how.... you know... fashion us going. If you gotta struggle to get your shorts on, you sir are not doing it.

Agreed! I am a big dude so I would never wear em...

im with yall on this,
the thing is im a big fan of wearing stuff according to your size.
i think those cutoffs jeans look alright on someone with a slimmer frame,  they just look better on a thin person than a obese one
if youre like ksteesy u can pull it off (no romo), but if ur swag surfing in your xxl spandex supreme shirt with some cutoffs you're gonna look like a fool.

First of all I'm not here to knock anyones style, who am I to judge the clothes you wear.

Obviously the majority of people arguing against "Dressing Better" are under 21, of course there is the always the exception who will probably renounce this. Most of this is directed to is dressing during the night, you can get away with near anything during daytime.

Once you turn 21+ and start going out to decent bars in the city and not the average college bar you are going to have to switch up the style. The repetitive fitted and tee combo isn't going to work anymore and a couple of reasons come to mind.

Having a large amount of money and/or a nice car disputes all of this but if you have these things you usually have some type of jewels to basically show "I don't need to be classy and I'm still doing it". I have friends that are on this level and can roll up anywhere in a fitted/tee because they are rocking 20k+ bracelets while pulling up in 100k cars, however this is a very small percentage of people.

4c7260c305281b0e38b60fdabbf74f19230b837f.gif

couldnt agree more.
KiCkzB4HoZ wrote:
Originally Posted by vcof2005

Im sorry but those slim jean/short things just go to show how.... you know... fashion us going. If you gotta struggle to get your shorts on, you sir are not doing it.

Agreed! I am a big dude so I would never wear em...

im with yall on this,
the thing is im a big fan of wearing stuff according to your size.
i think those cutoffs jeans look alright on someone with a slimmer frame,  they just look better on a thin person than a obese one
if youre like ksteesy u can pull it off (no romo), but if ur swag surfing in your xxl spandex supreme shirt with some cutoffs you're gonna look like a fool.

More motivation to get money. Pull up in a drop top R8 and step out in Kobes and sweats
pimp.gif

But for real though, I'm just going to try and delay the growing up phase as long as possible
laugh.gif

More motivation to get money. Pull up in a drop top R8 and step out in Kobes and sweats
pimp.gif

But for real though, I'm just going to try and delay the growing up phase as long as possible
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by FedExciter

Originally Posted by keithsweatsjordans

Originally Posted by ninjahood

so you're gonna wear a cashmere cardigan in da middle of a NYC heat wave with a denim button up layered under with some cut off slacks & desert boots? oh...
laugh.gif
nerd.gif

Sure if its 80 plus I go with a tee or polo but how often does that happen in the northeast?
not too often, just about everyday from mid june to early september
i know right?
laugh.gif
roll.gif

son gonna be musty as a cab driver walkin around like that...
sick.gif

Originally Posted by FedExciter

Originally Posted by keithsweatsjordans

so you're gonna wear a cashmere cardigan in da middle of a NYC heat wave with a denim button up layered under with some cut off slacks & desert boots? oh...
laugh.gif
nerd.gif

Sure if its 80 plus I go with a tee or polo but how often does that happen in the northeast?
not too often, just about everyday from mid june to early september
i know right?
laugh.gif
roll.gif

son gonna be musty as a cab driver walkin around like that...
sick.gif

I can't stand folks who put fashion over comfort....I'll never get folks in SoCal rocking Uggs, scarves, and beanies....around summer-time.

I can't stand folks who put fashion over comfort....I'll never get folks in SoCal rocking Uggs, scarves, and beanies....around summer-time.

Originally Posted by ksteezy

So no one is gonna adress my question besides DC?
roll.gif

Dudes in here stay lying to themselves...hilarious.
da paper in your pocket >>>>>>>>>>>>> da way u dress

roll.gif

roll.gif

Ninja, or KSteezy....what was the question? 

roll.gif

Ninja, or KSteezy....what was the question? 

roll.gif

What if you can pull off both
smokin.gif
nerd.gif

roll.gif

What if you can pull off both
smokin.gif
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Yung Lo HEAD

chris-106-1.jpg

i be seeing you better dressing/soho dudes wearing those  cut off jean shorts in the city
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
need to stop
lookin like stone cold slim austins out there....
laugh.gif
sick.gif

41735_french.jpg

roll.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Yung Lo HEAD

chris-106-1.jpg

i be seeing you better dressing/soho dudes wearing those  cut off jean shorts in the city
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
need to stop
lookin like stone cold slim austins out there....
laugh.gif
sick.gif

41735_french.jpg

roll.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif

Is funny because I myself think oversized denim and champion hoodies looks just as ridiculous, no shots fired I guess just trying to put things in perspective as to how we all have different tastes I guess....and that's what this long assss thread boils down to.

Is funny because I myself think oversized denim and champion hoodies looks just as ridiculous, no shots fired I guess just trying to put things in perspective as to how we all have different tastes I guess....and that's what this long assss thread boils down to.

Back
Top Bottom