Fast food workers protest for $15 minimum wage.

a lot of ppl can afford real food

ppl are just stupid and lazy

watch your expenses and eat for purpose

that whole eating well isnt cheap is BS

fast food IMO is a luxury

i cant afford McDs, i can afford to shop at a grocery store though an i eat good

Quoting you again because you edited your post and I still disagree.

How is fast food a luxury? It's a cheaper alternative to going to the grocery store for what I'm eating at least.

Maybe if you are just eating basic vegetables, rice/pasta/potatoes, and chicken/beef bought in value packs it is cheaper. You say you are eating for purpose and I know you lift but I'm not sure what you're eating for dinner every night that makes fast food a luxury. I am EATING WELL and it's not cheap. Especially if I'm buying groceries for more than myself. My grocery bill this past month has been crazy. On nights when I'm cheap and lazy I will go to Chipotle or something of that caliber and that's CHEAP fast food to me.

my manager told me this - The world doesn't owe you a living- if you want it, you have to go out and earn it. The world doesnt owe you anything. 

so true
repped

this is why i love NT

people like you motivate me in real life, an we have so many ppl in this community who had the odds against them an made it

you earned it man, you had drive, i respect all NTrs like yourself

srs
thank you, kid sir

Thankful I have a job that can afford me real food. Fast food is a plague :x The worst part about the low wages the workers get is that they probably can't afford to eat anything but fast food/junk food off of those wages. Eating well isn't cheap but it leads to such a better quality of life.

i cant afford McDs, i can afford to shop at a grocery store though an i eat good

Exactly.  The idea that "it's all someone can afford" is absurd.  Go to a grocery store, buy the ingredients to make something that is better for you anyway and learn to not rely on fast food as a crutch.  It's a matter of laziness and lack of discipline.

So then why go out to restaurants when you can learn to make the same food at home? Why order for delivery when u can make the same pizza in the oven?

How is fast food a luxury? It's a cheaper alternative to going to the grocery store for what I'm eating at least.

Maybe if you are just eating basic vegetables, rice/pasta/potatoes, and chicken/beef bought in value packs it is cheaper. You say you are eating for purpose and I know you lift but I'm not sure what you're eating for dinner every night that makes fast food a luxury. I am EATING WELL and it's not cheap. Especially if I'm buying groceries for more than myself. My grocery bill this past month has been crazy. On nights when I'm cheap and lazy I will go to Chipotle or something of that caliber and that's CHEAP fast food to me.

nah we can agree to disagree

how much is a value meal these days like 8 dollars? are you kidding me?

grocery store is ton more economical

nobody said you gotta be eating wholefoods organic chicken and this an that

eat the basics and eat clean, lets be honest......................i havnt had a belly through out my whole 20s an ive been on serious Poverty Diet before.

fast food is a luxury and so is most processed food imo. we can make a thread on eating on a budget if you want im all in.

Man, what? An average combo meal is like $7.

A pack of chicken breasts is the same price. What you be eating breh?

And you've just disproved yourself

a value has to be given to time

and you're not going to be eating chicken plain.... you need seasoning, something to go with it, a drink, etc.... 

in the long run, going to the grocery store is cheaper, but it's an accumulation of savings over time -- it's not immediate 

eating fast food or unhealthy food is more expensive in the long run tbh. factor in health risks etc from stuffing cancer buns in your mouth 5 days a week or feeding your kids pink slime and carbonated sugar water from ages 5 and beyond...

short term though, healthy food is more expensive. didn't realize it until I started really shopping for good food for my kid to eat.

^ kinda saying the same thing I'm saying up there.

Last edited:
My mans is on some Iron Chef steez every night at home or something :lol:

if youre broke you damn well better be eating at home and packing your own food

how many ppl waste money on alcohol drugs or cigs, or other material or nonsense

ppl waste then want to be given...........ppl want what they have not earned

no no no

dont tell me McDs isnt a luxury when one meal is 8 bucks

i dont live with debt but to me McDs is a luxury item

Last edited:

and you're not going to be eating chicken plain.... you need seasoning, something to go with it, a drink, etc.... 

in the long run, going to the grocery store is cheaper, but it's an accumulation of savings over time -- it's not immediate 

And this is a bad thing? These long run cuts in expenses trump immediate satisfaction by saying f it and going to McDonald's or somewhere.

Again, disproved your own point. Y'all making this too easy.

ive lost count how many times ive had plain chicken

when i said i consume for purpose i wasnt joking

the accumulation in savings is immediate if youre broke an complaining you need more pay at fast food

that poverty diet should push you to want more in life, take your *** to ALDI not trader joes an stick to the basics

This guy hit the nail on the head. Time is a very big reason why people eat FAST food. The price of convenience

This guy hit the nail on the head. Time is a very big reason why people eat FAST food. The price of convenience

Now what does that have to do with the "eating out is cheaper financially" argument?

Last edited:

discipline>convenience

save me that

like ive said i took my gym mindset into the real world

im a loser who made it imo, ive been depressed and broke......hard as you got it somebody got it worse than you

why i also dont feel bad for my buddies who get caught up with the law cuz selling drugs was easier than busting *** a min wage temp job

to each their own

i remember telling my cousin i was a dishwasher once upon a time, son looked at me like i was straight up crazy.

Last edited:
It's not BS man. You're telling me it's more affordable to eat a healthy, balanced diet than to eat fast food/junk food all the time? I disagree with you.

If you go organic, then it won't be affordable for people on minimum wage. However, if you're smart about your food choices, eating healthy/clean shouldn't be a problem. The issue is laziness. Much easier to buy pre-packaged junk, or just junk in general.

This how I like to eat. WELL.

View media item 960572
View media item 972253
And this is a lazy cooking night after the gym. Still more expensive than fast food but this is bland with almost no seasoning and only took like 15 minutes to make.

View media item 894971
I'm saying I'm just glad I can afford to buy the food and seasonings I WANT to eat not rely on fast food because it's disgusting. And you all are probably right, I could eat basics for purpose, buy in bulk, and it would be cheaper than fast food but that's not what I meant by eating well. Because I've been there done that and it gets old quick. I like to eat a lot, different types of food, and I don't mind spending the money on it because I enjoy it but it's not cheap for me to eat what I enjoy.

Nah.. eating out is more expensive.

Buy chicken thighs/breast in bulk at costco for as much as a value meal and you're good for almost a week if you're eating by yourself vs one meal for the day

This how I like to eat. WELL.

And this is a lazy cooking night after the gym. Still more expensive than fast food but this is bland with almost no seasoning and only took like 15 minutes to make.

I'm saying I'm just glad I can afford to buy the food and seasonings I WANT to eat not rely on fast food because it's disgusting. And you all are probably right, I could eat basics for purpose, buy in bulk, and it would be cheaper than fast food but that's not what I meant by eating well. Because I've been there done that and it gets old quick. I like to eat a lot, different types of food, and I don't mind spending the money on it because I enjoy it but it's not cheap for me to eat what I enjoy.
uwot

My mans is on some Iron Chef steez every night at home or something :lol:

if youre broke you damn well better be eating at home and packing your own food

how many ppl waste money on alcohol drugs or cigs, or other material or nonsense

ppl waste then want to be given...........ppl want what they have not earned

no no no

dont tell me McDs isnt a luxury when one meal is 8 bucks

i dont live with debt but to me McDs is a luxury item

I agree with pretty much everything you said minus McDonald's being a luxury. I think it's more of a convenience for most people.

ain't nothing luxurious about $1 "cheeseburgers" my dude. you also have to take into account that eating that kind of stuff is proven to be addictive.

eating for purpose is the move though, we eat a LOT of fresh fruit and veggies over here because the purpose is nourishment. I don't over-season my meats, I usually depend on the veggies I use and sauces I make to bring out the extra taste and the stuff I use ends up adding to the nourishment.

more intake = further nourishment = purpose met.

I do agree though you have to cut out all that extra BS. like if you're eating McDonalds throughout the week so you can still afford your cigs and ciroc, you're doing something wrong.

Now what does that have to do with the "eating out is cheaper financially" argument?

Its not cheaper over the long run but to answer to the point of why people do it. Time is a value. The 30 min it takes to make a meal could be 30 min doing something else

Back
Top Bottom