Fast food workers protest for $15 minimum wage.

And this is a bad thing? These long run cuts in expenses trump immediate satisfaction by saying f it and going to McDonald's or somewhere.
did i say it was either bad or good? 

i made a point to both sides...... i have no side to take.... just made a comment 

Its not cheaper over the long run but to answer to the point of why people do it. Time is a value. The 30 min it takes to make a meal could be 30 min doing something else

What's "the long run"? A day? Because within a span of a day you'll reap the benefits financially. Is that too long ?

Its not cheaper over the long run but to answer to the point of why people do it. Time is a value. The 30 min it takes to make a meal could be 30 min doing something else

I get what you're saying, but I don't buy the time argument all that much. If time was of value, you wouldn't see lines of 10 cars deep in the drive-thru when there is no one inside. People are lazy. Plain and simple.

Last edited:
So you're saying it is cheaper to eat out but it's also not cheaper to eat out?
laugh.gif
k
i cant even deal with u right now 

Bottom line and I think we can all agree on this... Whether it's a luxury or a cheaper alternative for you, fast food should be avoided and the grocery store should be your friend.

I get what you're saying, but I don't buy the time argument all that much. If time was of value, you wouldn't see lines of 10 cars deep in the drive-thru when there is no one inside. People are lazy. Plain and simple.

Exactly, bump all that economic textbook technicality **** :lol:

I got mixed views. $15 is too much but at the same time what they currently make isn't enough.

I know people will be on their high horse talkin about "they need to find a better job" or "its their fault" I can't speak for others but I've been fortunate to have resources and decent support around me to do decent, some people are at a huge disadvantage from day 1 through no fault of their own.

If places like Costco, in n out, and shake shack can thrive, make real good profits and pay their employees respectable wages, I'm not buying the whole inflation argument either.

Dudes shouldn't make careers out of these jobs or have numerous kids while working them to make their situations harder but at the same time it must be demoralizing to work 40 hours a week and only have about $225 after taxes to show for it.

it's not just about being lazy.... 

it's about being ******* hungry lol 

there's times where i could go into the grocery store and buy some stuff but im so damn hungry that I just want to eat NOW 

ain't in the mood, because of my hunger, to park the car.... walk the aisles... checkout.... and THEN have to go home and make the **** 

i be meaning to always have light snacks on deck to keep me satisfied throughout the day so im not using fast food as the savior to my starvation 

What's "the long run"? A day? Because within a span of a day you'll reap the benefits financially. Is that too long ?

And what is that dollar value that you saved in one day of not eating out? $5-$10? Why does Mr CEO of a company still eat at mcdonalds?

Anyone saying grocery shopping and making their own food is more expensive is just flat out lazy, :lol:

They don't even want to acknowledge that their eating out game plan is garbage and extremely flawed. That these $5-7 deals are not really deals.

When I eat out, I damn well know I'm being lazy, :lol:. Meal prep Sunday's :smoking

Chances are you are probably doing something unproductive instead of cooking, but it's cool, "you're too busy".

Cooking+ iPad (Music, Netflix, HBOGo, Sunday Ticket apps) = two birds with one stone.

Last edited:
it's not just about being lazy.... 

it's about being ******* hungry lol 

there's times where i could go into the grocery store and buy some stuff but im so damn hungry that I just want to eat NOW 

ain't in the mood, because of my hunger, to park the car.... walk the aisles... checkout.... and THEN have to go home and make the **** 

i be meaning to always have light snacks on deck to keep me satisfied throughout the day so im not using fast food as the savior to my starvation 

Ahhhh make your food ahead of time? Plan meals? Waits for "I can't do that"

But why are they in a car in the first place if many of them could probably ride a bike to where they are going? Time. I understand lazyness is involved. But is it lazyness to take my car in to be repaired instead of learning to do it myself? Isn't that why we pay people to do things for us?

Disproved what? Just like 011781 011781 I'm making a point for both sides.
Yeah George, I like to eat well... Off the $ you gave me for my used sneakers. You just like to look for the "dumbest post" on NT every day and make worthless posts. Go eat a big mac troll.

:lol:

None of this is relevant and eating well doesn't = expensive. That's the point. If you're saying making your own food can be cheaper than eating out then we're on the same boat.

Last edited:
I love how asking for a decent wage is considered a handout and how people are generalizing people they don't even know.

Just because it's not skilled labor doesn't mean they should be getting ****** over. Now if these people legitimately expect to get $15, then **** em. But, they do deserve a little more than what they're getting. What is it that they make at minimum? $7.25? The least it could be is $10. I think that's fair. Nobody going into McDonalds is like I want to make this my career. They just need the money. Doesn't mean that they aren't looking for other jobs and opportunities. Just because a few of you guys here made it out of your situation doesn't mean these folks are lazy. Everyone struggle is different. Now if these people are working there, not applying elsewhere, and are just waiting for more money to be thrown at em, then that's on them.

That would make him acknowledge that he is lazy.
laugh.gif

How do you not have food in the fridge though?
or a person that doesn't know what i'm going to want to eat Thursday, on Monday 

or a person that gets hungry and i'm no where near my home even if I did have something already made 

yall just reaching right now.... sounding like people that don't live a hectic adult life 

:lol:

None of this is relevant and eating well doesn't = expensive. That's the point.

My point, which you clearly missed, was that fast food is cheaper for me because what I like to eat is more expensive. I'm not an economical grocery shopper because even though I cook, I like steak, seafood, etc... opposed to plain chicken. And I don't buy in bulk at Costco either and rarely cook large batches of food.

I like to eat for flavor and enjoyment as well as nutrition and utility. You just want to expose another idiot or flawed way of thinking so badly every time you post it's pathetic man.

What I said was relevant because you are the one advocating for affordable grocery shopping and buying used sneakers. It's clear you are on a tighter budget than me and that's fine. I can see why you consider fast food more expensive and cook food ahead of time and plan meals. You also got a kid too right? It makes sense and I'm not knocking you we just eat differently and have different priorities on how to spend our money. Fast food still sucks though, for either of us.

Last edited:
I love how asking for a decent wage is considered a handout and how people are generalizing people they don't even know.

Just because it's not skilled labor doesn't mean they should be getting ****** over. Now if these people legitimately expect to get $15, then **** em. But, they do deserve a little more than what they're getting. What is it that they make at minimum? $7.25? The least it could be is $10. I think that's fair. Nobody going into McDonalds is like I want to make this my career. They just need the money. Doesn't mean that they aren't looking for other jobs and opportunities. Just because a few of you guys here made it out of your situation doesn't mean these folks are lazy. Everyone struggle is different. Now if these people are working there, not applying elsewhere, and are just waiting for more money to be thrown at em, then that's on them.

Wages haven't kept up with inflation, seems to be getting ignored a lot.

Did my share of grinding, and I'm earning a very comfortable salary that is allowing me to pursue private small business endeavors. Still, I don't see it as a reason to step on those that just want to earn enough to live. I don't think anyone should be making less than $10/hour. That should be a jumpoff point. Also think that CEO's are over compensated, considering the level of poverty in this country.

And what is that dollar value that you saved in one day of not eating out? $5-$10? Why does Mr CEO of a company still eat at mcdonalds?

What are you even asking me :lol: ?

Im just giving reasons why people eat fast food. I'm not saying its the best thing in the world to be doing but it happens annd time is a reason. I see both sides of the "argument"

Back
Top Bottom