Florida School Shooting, Over 20 Casualties

Oh please! You're still having trouble proving how the positives of gun ownership outweigh the negatives, especially since it's very likely that you are part of the 90% of the US population who doesn't need a firearm to get their food.

Btw, the officer in charge of security at Stoneman ran away from the action when it counted. That's somebody who was trained to handle this kind of situation.

Did you see where this dude posts his "facts" from? Straight up far right propaganda websites :lol:

I already see one of these teachers that never got a grip of their class blasting the first colored kid that steps out of line and claimed he/she “feared” for their life...

Or just wait for that one student having an affair with a teacher and going to tell the law enforcement about their improper relationship going to catch a hot one from the teacher claiming in fear of their life

Oh please! You're still having trouble proving how the positives of gun ownership outweigh the negatives, especially since it's very likely that you are part of the 90% of the US population who doesn't need a firearm to get their food.

Btw, the officer in charge of security at Stoneman ran away from the action when it counted. That's somebody who was trained to handle this kind of situation.

you asking for the positive of gun ownership means ur asking why anyone needs to own ANY gun at all. including handguns. is that where u stand? second, the statement about not needing a firearm for food.... so in your mind if you're not a hunter/gatherer you dont need a gun? what kinda dumb*** opinion is that? not only that, but you will never clear the first hurdle of asking questions like these.... which is

why does your dislike of something trump someone elses like of something?
if 99.75% of an item is never misused, why confiscate all of them for the .25% of ones that are? the only argument thus far is "its DESIGNED for killing" which is a weak argument cuz the thing designed for killing kills 400 a year while other things used daily kill literally over a million, 1000s upon 1000s daily.... and nobody bats an eyelash cuz its not designed to do it? so we only hate things designed to kill? but not the death itself?

and finally, objection, relevance? a cop being a coward isnt news to... some of us. hes a ***** flat out. along with most of his department. i told yall right after that town hall that sheriff is a fraud. they have so much messed up stuff going on in that department that he has no business up there smiling like hes the good guy. F*** him. From the bottom of my heart. F*** him and his racist *** department and deputies. That officer peeing on himself while children cried and screamed for help just floors above him is nothing new. However, what are u saying? cuz hes trained and did nothing that nobody could? So what... disarm police too? lol

edit: you know what, thats a perfect counter to the ban theory for ARs. Since nobody needs ARs, take them from the police too. Is that a good idea?

Like most cops in the UK? I wish this country had the balls to aspire to be more like them to make this a reality.

yikes. you answering like this shows exactly what i thought it would. you have NO idea about the reality of crime in the united states. do you even know why police have ARs in the trunk? matter of fact this was answered yesterday. The same reason that automatics were "banned." Police were getting LIT up nationwide with these guns. Criminals were able to get their hands on more high-powered weaponry than the police, thus, were killing them left and right. They banned the automatics.

Fast forward. Criminals are often using high powered handguns, rifles, guns with armor piercing rounds. Hell the criminals themselves have armor. If you are so NAIVE, that you think we could take ARs from the police... then you dont even know what theyre up against. If cops could only respond with nightsticks and tazers theyd get wiped out within a month. If they could only respond with handguns they might last 3 months. Criminals would see that the #1 thing in their way no longer has teeth.

I cant believe you just agreed with disarming the police. My God.

What's wrong with saving 400 people a year? I don't get it.

the real reasoning behind it is the problem. just like they were discussing earlier knowing that a ban would effect minorities first. much like the war on drugs was "to save the country from a drug epidemic" but really just landed mostly black people in jail for petty possession. youre not concerned with saving 400 lives a year because you dont want people to die. you simply dont want people to die from something that you dont like, thus ban that item.

there are no town halls or public outrage about texting and driving. not about drug use. it took a song from logic's trash *** to even make suicide a national discussion for about a week. nobody is saying handguns are a huge problem despite them being used 20 times more in deaths amongst the youth, and outside of commercials there is no discussion about drunk driving. so.... its not about just saving lives. its about the polarizing feeling people have about ARs.

yikes. you answering like this shows exactly what i thought it would. you have NO idea about the reality of crime in the united states. do you even know why police have ARs in the trunk? matter of fact this was answered yesterday. The same reason that automatics were "banned." Police were getting LIT up nationwide with these guns. Criminals were able to get their hands on more high-powered weaponry than the police, thus, were killing them left and right. They banned the automatics.

Wow, way over your head huh? :lol:

By aspiring to be more like the UK, I'm talking about becoming more like them in general so we don't need officers to be militarized. A culture shift. Try to keep up.

I have a BS in Criminal Justice from a good school in Boston. I have a pretty good idea about the scope of crime in this country homie.

No one said we're prepared to disarm police tomorrow or even in 10 years, genius.

You need to calm down.

Last edited:

Fast forward. Criminals are often using high powered handguns, rifles, guns with armor piercing rounds. Hell the criminals themselves have armor. If you are so NAIVE, that you think we could take ARs from the police... then you dont even know what theyre up against. If cops could only respond with nightsticks and tazers theyd get wiped out within a month. If they could only respond with handguns they might last 3 months. Criminals would see that the #1 thing in their way no longer has teeth.

Swat for backup?

COULD IT BE....MAYYYYYBE JUSTTTTT MAYBEEEE crime and gun violence EVERYWHERE aim the US stems from this countries inherit love for firearms? I mean, why does the hood have weapons? BecUse they are so easily accessible on or off market....maybe if America wasn’t so infatuated with guns, there would be less gun violence...but how can there be less gun violence with a government hell bent on arming as many people as possible, so log as they are not black

COULD IT BE....MAYYYYYBE JUSTTTTT MAYBEEEE crime and gun violence EVERYWHERE aim the US stems from this countries inherit love for firearms? I mean, why does the hood have weapons? BecUse they are so easily accessible on or off market....maybe if America wasn’t so infatuated with guns, there would be less gun violence...but how can there be less gun violence with a government hell bent on arming as many people as possible, so log as they are not black

so... now ur agreeing with what us gun owners are saying; that the problem stems from the shooters' mentality and our violence loving culture.... instead of the gun itself? thank you for agreeing with us. why does the hood have weapons? because local governments worked with criminals in those areas in combination with looking the other way on weapons trafficking until it became too widespread an issue to control. and now the criminals have just as many if not more than the police do.

Wow, way over your head huh? :lol:

By aspiring to be more like the UK, I'm talking about becoming more like them in general so we don't need officers to be militarized. A culture shift. Try to keep up.

I have a BS in Criminal Justice from a good school in Boston. I have a pretty good idea about the scope of crime in this country homie.

No one said we're prepared to disarm police tomorrow or even in 10 years, genius.

You need to calm down.

hold on. so you responded to me saying do u think we should disarm the police with yes we need to try to be more like the UK (where their officers dont carry guns) ...and IM wrong for not assuming you instead meant a culture shift to be more like UK's culture? try to keep up? its impossible to keep up with a goal post shift like that lmao.

me: should we disarm police?
you: "Like most cops in the UK? I wish this country had the balls to aspire to be more like them to make this a reality." ("this" as in the question about disarming police)
me: wow... our police would be wiped out in an instant. you have no idea what our police are up against vs their police
you: i wasn't talking about disarming our police. i was talking about our culture needing to match theirs so our police dont need to be militarized. i have a degree.

BOY WHAT?

Swat for backup?

do u know how long it takes swat to arrive? ive actually dealt with swat before as a child. twice. im lucky there wasn't a trigger happy officer in my first situation cuz i definitely handled it wrong. but. i was a child. put it in terms of THIS shooting at the school. the cop on duty claims he waited for backup (BULL. Hes a God damned coward.) lets say he was telling the truth, swat wouldnt have arrived for at minimum another 10 minutes cuz they have to meet, gear up, then get to the scene.

assuming the call didnt come in as "bomb situation" or "hostage situation" or "machine gun fire at such and such location" the cop will come not knowing any better about what hes walking into. if the situation turns bad and a shootout breaks out, by the time swat gets there, a shootout has been going for quite a while. the officers handgun vs the criminals arsenal. this happens way too often.

take the infamous north hollywood shootout that prompted a big change in gun laws nationwide: http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/...od-shootout-revisited-20170223-htmlstory.html

an excerpt from the wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_Hollywood_shootout

"Standard issue sidearms carried by most local patrol officers at the time were 9 mm pistols or .38 Special revolvers; some patrol cars were also equipped with a 12-gauge shotgun. Phillips and Mătăsăreanu carried illegally modified fully automatic Norinco Type 56 S-1s (an AK-47 variant), a Bushmaster XM15 Dissipator, and a HK-91 rifle with high capacity drum magazines as well as a Beretta 92FS pistol. The bank robbers wore mostly homemade, heavy plated body armor which successfully protected them from handgun rounds and shotgun pellets fired by the responding officers. A police SWAT team eventually arrived bearing sufficient firepower, and they commandeered an armored truck to evacuate the wounded. Several officers also appropriated AR-15 and other semi-automatic rifles from a nearby firearms dealer. The incident sparked debate on the need for patrol officers to upgrade their firepower in preparation for similar situations in the future.[3] An officer was heard on the LAPD police frequency approximately 10-15 minutes into the shootout, warning other officers that they should "not stop [the getaway vehicle], they've got automatic weapons, there's nothing we have that can stop them."[4]

you: "Like most cops in the UK? I wish this country had the balls to aspire to be more like them to make this a reality." ("this" as in the question about disarming police)
me: wow... our police would be wiped out in an instant. you have no idea what our police are up against vs their police
you: i wasn't talking about disarming our police. i was talking about our culture needing to match theirs so our police dont need to be militarized. i have a degree.

Very good! I wish we would have aspired to be more like the UK culturally so that our officers wouldn't have to all carry.

I don't think anyone on NT thinks that we're in a position to disarm police in our current state. Did someone say that?

Had you been following along in this thread you would have seen that I

1) agreed that the #1 factor is our culture of violence, not just guns
2) agreed with the gun control measures you proposed
3) agreed that specifically the "AR-15" is being used as the whipping boy of guns

Funny thing is that I believe you agree with me inherently in that you which our culture mirrored that of western european counties, wish is all that I was saying.

You were just way too hell bent on getting into a debate so you automatically translated what I said into "We need to disarm police yesterday."

and spare me your boy whats and my gods.

so... now ur agreeing with what us gun owners are saying; that the problem stems from the shooters' mentality and our violence loving culture.... instead of the gun itself? thank you for agreeing with us. why does the hood have weapons? because local governments worked with criminals in those areas in combination with looking the other way on weapons trafficking until it became too widespread an issue to control. and now the criminals have just as many if not more than the police do.

hold on. so you responded to me saying do u think we should disarm the police with yes we need to try to be more like the UK (where their officers dont carry guns) ...and IM wrong for not assuming you instead meant a culture shift to be more like UK's culture? try to keep up? its impossible to keep up with a goal post shift like that lmao.

BOY WHAT?

Violence is in our nature as humans, everyone has the potential to be violent, weapons are a tool of violence we created specifically to kill and a weapons effectiveness is measured by how much damage it can cause others, how many kills it can rack up and how fast it can do it...so good deflection, I never once said we weren’t violent or that weapons shoot themselves, that’s the silly narrative you clowns wanna hold on to in order to water down the issue....fact is without ARs violent individuals will have to get a bit more creative if they wanna cause this much harm....Accessibility to these type of weapons by civilians make it extremely easy for ANY nutjob to effortlessly take too many lives in a short span

Back
Top Bottom