Florida School Shooting, Over 20 Casualties

Why does this matter when they are literally cancer sticks with no positive attributes?
I don't condone smoking, but comparing guns vs cigarettes is dumb

If it was up to cigarette manufacturers they wouldn't cause cancer and kill people. More sales.

Yikes. Automatic weapon and body armor? Smfh. And it's in California, with the strictest gun laws. Hopefully this pans out well. Our culture is a sick one.

I don't condone smoking, but comparing guns vs cigarettes is dumb

If it was up to cigarette manufacturers they wouldn't cause cancer and kill people. More sales.

LOL. "If it was up to them." crazy how you apply this logic to a cancer stick... But you don't apply that to these gun manufacturers? You think these gun companies are happy about timmy shooting up his school cuz he doesn't get play? Let me guess... You don't think a cigarette is designed to kill so it's all good.

What's a guns intended purpose?
Kill people

What's a cigarettes intended purpose?
Deliver nicotine

We gonna compare marijuana to nuclear missles next?

Yikes. Automatic weapon and body armor? Smfh. And it's in California, with the strictest gun laws. Hopefully this pans out well. Our culture is a sick one.

Yountville is up in Napa valley and is pretty bougie with fancy restaurants; that’s where French Laundry is. It’s a veteran in a home too, where the mental health support at...?

So 2nd hand smoke is a voluntary thing now?

I acknowledged that second hand smoke exists, and it’s somewhat involuntary but yes it’s much more feasible to walk away from a smoky room/area than to walk away from someone shooting at you.

Put it this way, if someone is blowing cigarette smoke in my face I can move away from them and let them kill themselves slowly. If someone shoots at me, I’m injured/dead immediately.

I acknowledged that second hand smoke exists, and it’s somewhat involuntary but yes it’s much more feasible to walk away from a smoky room/area than to walk away from someone shooting at you.

Put it this way, if someone is blowing cigarette smoke in my face I can move away from them and let them kill themselves slowly. If someone shoots at me, I’m injured/dead immediately.

2nd hand smoke kills nearly 3 times the number of people that all guns do every year

The thousands of people that die from 2nd smoke just chose that huh?

2nd hand smoke kills nearly 3 times the number of people that all guns do every year

The thousands of people that die from 2nd smoke just chose that huh?

37.8 million adults in the US smoke (via CDC), there’s no data on guns in America. But it’s not a reach to say that smoking > gun ownership/gun use in the US, and that smoking deaths would be higher.

Edit: I was looking for gun ownership numbers but there aren’t any. My point is that more people smoke so more people will die from smoking.

37.8 million adults in the US smoke (via CDC), there’s no data on guns in America. But it’s not a reach to say that smoking > gun ownership/gun use in the US, and that smoking deaths would be higher.

Edit: I was looking for gun ownership numbers but there aren’t any. My point is that more people smoke so more people will die from smoking.

33% of Americans either own a gun or have a gun in their household and there are literally more guns than people in this country.

There are only 40 millionish smokers in America and that's rounding up.

look at the gymnastics and goal posts moving. if something kills millions of people "well, it wasn't DESIGNED to kill people. so thats not the focus now."

cigarettes had poisons added into it to make it more addictive and kills way more innocents AND willing participants than gun violence. "yea but... theyre designed to deliver nicotine... not to kill"

lol. like i said 20 pages ago. you concerned with saving innocent lives? or just saving innocent lives if they were killed by something youre against? dont answer that. there is no good answer. and u wont be able to form a good argument around it, and im tired of debating anything with most of you.

I think with cigarettes there were at least laws enacted when people started seeing that it was a problem.

The whole cigarette comparison is just another useless whataboutism anyway

People are focusing on guns instead of cigarettes because this is a school shooting thread

It's a major strawman to act like that equates to being insensitive toward deaths caused by smoking

Back
Top Bottom