Greens
Cabbage
Cornbread
Stella rosa

Idk what this is but I ate it

Umm my cousins made me try these ******* sea snails

And it was honestly the worst thing I've ever put in my mouth

These were cool

Yeah it works as good as anything. For oven time I'd say like 5 minutes. I really never timed it. But it will have a little resistance but not much if you push in it. Like you're pushing on your nose for medium rare.
I don't have a food themometer. But what is the proper way to grill a steak. Charcoal
Chicken
Greens
Cabbage
Cornbread
Stella rosa
Where is this from? Seems like you go there a lot.

I don't have a food themometer. But what is the proper way to grill a steak. Charcoal
Where is this from? Seems like you go there a lot.

Carolina kitchen. Not too often. The other post was from a Caribbean spot called island krave

I hate cooking steaks over charcoal. They always flare up like crazy. I'm going to try a cast iron pan over the charcoal next time so it won't flare up and still get charcoal flavor.

Just cook it a few mins a side until it's the temp you want DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican a digital thermometer isn't more than a few bucks too.

I learned to cook by feel by messing up a lot of steaks at first. :lol: a therm is def worth the purchase. Just don't get a two dollar analog one. They are always off even after you calibrate them.

It took me a while to learn how to cook steaks on a charcoal grill. I constantly have to move them because the flames will burn the crap out of them.

Last edited:
Anyone been to departure in Portland? My boy is working there for a month to check it out. Looks pretty dope though. Cool space for a restaurant.

Still trying to find the best BBQ in the DMV.  Hit up Hill Country BBQ (Texas-style) near the Archives this past week. Pretty good...

I hate cooking steaks over charcoal. They always flare up like crazy. I'm going to try a cast iron pan over the charcoal next time so it won't flare up and still get charcoal flavor.

Just cook it a few mins a side until it's the temp you want DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican a digital thermometer isn't more than a few bucks too.

I learned to cook by feel by messing up a lot of steaks at first. :lol: a therm is def worth the purchase. Just don't get a two dollar analog one. They are always off even after you calibrate them.

Try getting rid of the grate and putting the steak right on top of the charcoal. You get a great sear, absolutely no flare ups, and the charcoal doesn't impart any bad taste.

Back
Top Bottom