Forever - Feat. Drake, Eminem, Kanye West, Lil Wayne (released)

Im still trying to figure out the concept of the song
and w t f they talking about has to do wit it....

All the dudes came correct on this IMO.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Im Not You

3 years ago...I would have been itching to download a track like this. These days...I didn't even budge when I saw the thread title. This is my first time in the post...and I have yet to download the track.
indifferent.gif

Track is
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
...Kanye's punchlines keep getting cornier and cornier though dude is
eyes.gif
..Em's flow is mind boggling

Originally Posted by iHateTimeDotCom

lol @ people gettin mad at cats for not falling for the hype... this ##** is nothin special at all... its actually kind of dumb... ##** is so random its pointless...

80% of the stuff out is basically random and nobody is really saying anything, though.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by IncredibleEv

i agree with TIME...this is the type of song where the more i listen to it, the more i dont like it
still listenin' to it. em's and drake's verses
pimp.gif
. em's flow is just siiick

Originally Posted by ILL LEGAL OPERATION

EightysBaby wrote:

DiPlOmAt TDOt wrote:

kicksfiend wrote:

Let me get this straight...

Drake grew up in a rich neighborhood in Toronto (Forest Hills I think the name was) and "nothing was done" for him? Whatever man.
?

Unfortunate that if you grow up fortunate the streets consider you lame.
I thought the name of the game was to have a better life?
I guess it aint, what a shame.....

laugh.gif
Wasn't hating. Just saw this thread, listened to the song and wrote what came to mind.

[h1]NEWS[/h1]
[h2]XXcLusive: "Forever" Producer Speaks on Drake, Kanye, Lil Wayne & Eminem Collabo[/h2]
NEW Thursday Aug 27 2:29 PM CDT posted by xxl staff

With "Forever," the monster collaboration by Toronto-upstart Drake and rap superstars Kanye West, Lil Wayne and Eminem, leaking onto the net yesterday (August 26) and subsequently causing a frenzy with hip-hop fans, XXLMag.com caught up with producer Boi-1da to get more insight into how the song came together.

According to the T-Dot beatmaker, the track was initially meant to introduce Drake last year. "We made that song maybe last summer," he explained to XXL. "It was originally supposed to be a song that Drake was supposed to come out to, maybe we were trying to make it like a first single. Somehow it got leaked out onto the Internet, a version with him, Wayne and some dude named [Nut da] Kid and everybody was upset about it or whatever, but we knew that it was just a huge record and we had to do it justice."

The song's rebirth started about three months ago when Kanye decided to record a verse. "Originally it was supposed to be Drake and Kanye," he continued, "but the forces that be pulled some strings and we got Eminem and Wayne on it too."

Boi-1da says that Drake wrote the hook and his verse first. Then Kanye penned his bars as a response to Drake. Wayne then recorded his verse after hearing Drizzy and Ye's, and Em heard everyone's rhymes before writing his own.

When asked who he feels spit the best verse, Boi-1da was quick to state his opinion. "Honestly I'm gonna have to be biased and say Drake," he said, "really it's between Drake and Eminem. I've never seen anybody hold up on a song with Eminem, like usually Eminem blows out. Drakes my dude, and he's my favorite rapper, but knowing Eminem I thought he was gonna blow by everybody, but Drake came strong. It's like a toss up. And like that's never been done before, I never head a toss up between Eminem, it's always just Eminem cause he's a monster."

Mack Maine, president of Young Money Records, told MTV news that they are currently trying out R&B singers to redo the chorus. "That's news to me," he said. "I like the hook as it is."

"Forever" hits iTunes tomorrow. It will be included in the soundrack to the LeBron James documentary More Than a Game. -Jesse Gissen

LINK

Drake sounds like hes tryin to rap like Kanye, Kanye sounded like he didnt even try or he just turned wack, Wayne was ok, Em spazzed but he coulda did betterbecause while he did have that crazy rhyme scheme he really didnt say anything

i like the old version better
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

[h1]NEWS[/h1]
[h2]XXcLusive: "Forever" Producer Speaks on Drake, Kanye, Lil Wayne & Eminem Collabo[/h2]

With "Forever," the monster collaboration by Toronto-upstart Drake and rap superstars Kanye West, Lil Wayne and Eminem, leaking onto the net yesterday (August 26) and subsequently causing a frenzy with hip-hop fans, XXLMag.com caught up with producer Boi-1da to get more insight into how the song came together.

According to the T-Dot beatmaker, the track was initially meant to introduce Drake last year. "We made that song maybe last summer," he explained to XXL. "It was originally supposed to be a song that Drake was supposed to come out to, maybe we were trying to make it like a first single. Somehow it got leaked out onto the Internet, a version with him, Wayne and some dude named [Nut da] Kid and everybody was upset about it or whatever, but we knew that it was just a huge record and we had to do it justice."

The song's rebirth started about three months ago when Kanye decided to record a verse. "Originally it was supposed to be Drake and Kanye," he continued, "but the forces that be pulled some strings and we got Eminem and Wayne on it too."

Boi-1da says that Drake wrote the hook and his verse first. Then Kanye penned his bars as a response to Drake. Wayne then recorded his verse after hearing Drizzy and Ye's, and Em heard everyone's rhymes before writing his own.

When asked who he feels spit the best verse, Boi-1da was quick to state his opinion. "Honestly I'm gonna have to be biased and say Drake," he said, "really it's between Drake and Eminem. I've never seen anybody hold up on a song with Eminem, like usually Eminem blows out. Drakes my dude, and he's my favorite rapper, but knowing Eminem I thought he was gonna blow by everybody, but Drake came strong. It's like a toss up. And like that's never been done before, I never head a toss up between Eminem, it's always just Eminem cause he's a monster."

Mack Maine, president of Young Money Records, told MTV news that they are currently trying out R&B singers to redo the chorus. "That's news to me," he said. "I like the hook as it is."

"Forever" hits iTunes tomorrow. It will be included in the soundrack to the LeBron James documentary More Than a Game. -Jesse Gissen

LINK

forreal, its rare em gets punked when he has others on the same track as him. drake held his own real well. i thought em would destroy all 3.

nyk buc wrote:
DiPlOmAt TDOt wrote:
[h1]NEWS[/h1]

http://www.xxlmag.com/online/?p=55927 href="http://www.xxlmag.com/online/?p=55927" target=_blank>LINK

forreal, its rare em gets punked when he has others on the same track as him. drake held his own real well. i thought em would destroy all 3.

Serious Y'all Can't Be... Its officially come to that with him now huh? I thought it would take a little longer than this. His verse was weaker thanhis original verse which was way weaker than the *@!$ Em spit.

Congrats to Aubry tho, he has official crossed the threshold to anything you say will be viewed in a higher light
smh.gif
laugh.gif

If they took out the horrible hook it would be a lot better even though everybody on the track did as expected
grin.gif
.... could be better but could have also been so much worst?..... WHEN WILLSIGNING IN THE HOOK DIE ON EVERY SONG?!

Back
Top Bottom