found a wallet with 740 bucks inside ....

the thing is, if you were out 740 and got back 5 maybe 4 hundred you're lucky. op is a dummy had i lost that money i would've took the L and kept it moving (she probably thinks you're a dummy too).

I would have kept the money and dropped all the IDs and cards in a mailbox with no return address... just sayin 
ohwell.gif

I would have kept the money and dropped all the IDs and cards in a mailbox with no return address... just sayin 
ohwell.gif

Obviously, I would have wanted to keep the money, but I would have given the money up. Nothing better than a clear conscience, and knowing you've mad someone's day, probably mad their next 2 weeks.

Obviously, I would have wanted to keep the money, but I would have given the money up. Nothing better than a clear conscience, and knowing you've mad someone's day, probably mad their next 2 weeks.

good job bro. i guess there is still good people in this world. 
although, in all honesty i wouldve taken the cash and then gave the wallet back 

good job bro. i guess there is still good people in this world. 
although, in all honesty i wouldve taken the cash and then gave the wallet back 

Would've kept it...
happy.gif

also who just keeps 740$ in a wallet.  That's not walking around money and if it was then they'd have to be rich so
eyes.gif

Would've kept it...
happy.gif

also who just keeps 740$ in a wallet.  That's not walking around money and if it was then they'd have to be rich so
eyes.gif

i found a iphone on the floor on my vacation to LA a few weeks ago. E-mailed the guy and returned it(I covered shipping costs.) Dude's e-mail to me was "thank you. here's the address to send it to." he also didn't e-mail me back when he got the phone in this past wednesday. another e-mail to let me know he got the phone in or an extra thank you would've been nice but he hasn't tried to get in touch with me. i guess i expected too much ha

i found a iphone on the floor on my vacation to LA a few weeks ago. E-mailed the guy and returned it(I covered shipping costs.) Dude's e-mail to me was "thank you. here's the address to send it to." he also didn't e-mail me back when he got the phone in this past wednesday. another e-mail to let me know he got the phone in or an extra thank you would've been nice but he hasn't tried to get in touch with me. i guess i expected too much ha

i wouldve done the same everytime someone drops something i pick it up and hand it to them
wish more people had the attitude of helping/giving people their stuff

i wouldve done the same everytime someone drops something i pick it up and hand it to them
wish more people had the attitude of helping/giving people their stuff

Hate to be honest but I would have kept the money. I've had to deal with consequences for slipping like that so I would try to equalize with a situation like yours.  Too many grimey people in the world so I'm more worried about myself and those around me cuz they wouldn't be around me if they were bad people.  Hate to tell you but yea your conclusion only confirmed my beliefs.  She was obviously not as grateful as she should've been. Flame suit is on deck cuz I know I'm a very nice person, just not in this world that I'm forced to live in.

Hate to be honest but I would have kept the money. I've had to deal with consequences for slipping like that so I would try to equalize with a situation like yours.  Too many grimey people in the world so I'm more worried about myself and those around me cuz they wouldn't be around me if they were bad people.  Hate to tell you but yea your conclusion only confirmed my beliefs.  She was obviously not as grateful as she should've been. Flame suit is on deck cuz I know I'm a very nice person, just not in this world that I'm forced to live in.

Originally Posted by SneakerFr

Karma's a %@#$$. You did the right thing.

This. Expect something great sooner or later.

740 bucks is too much to pass up to most of us so props.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by SneakerFr

Karma's a %@#$$. You did the right thing.

This. Expect something great sooner or later.

740 bucks is too much to pass up to most of us so props.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Mr Marcus

Originally Posted by likethematrix

you are a good dude.

I, personally, am your antithesis.

i would have 740 dollars and a brand spanking new credit profile.
i know she had her SS card in there too.

did she have credit cards?

sweet baby jesus... im drooling over here.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

i honestly don't know if i would've kept it or not. i see it both ways..worst come to worst, i would have kept the money and mailed her purse back w/ no return address of course.
at least she would've gotten her i.d. and the rest of the contents in her purse back. *shrugs*

but knowing my conscience, i probably would've done the same thing you did op. i really don't believe in karma though
ohwell.gif

in any case, good stuff man. this world needs more people like you. *tips hat*

Originally Posted by Mr Marcus

Originally Posted by likethematrix

you are a good dude.

I, personally, am your antithesis.

i would have 740 dollars and a brand spanking new credit profile.
i know she had her SS card in there too.

did she have credit cards?

sweet baby jesus... im drooling over here.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

i honestly don't know if i would've kept it or not. i see it both ways..worst come to worst, i would have kept the money and mailed her purse back w/ no return address of course.
at least she would've gotten her i.d. and the rest of the contents in her purse back. *shrugs*

but knowing my conscience, i probably would've done the same thing you did op. i really don't believe in karma though
ohwell.gif

in any case, good stuff man. this world needs more people like you. *tips hat*

Back
Top Bottom