Fresh Prince of Bel Air 5's?

its repetitive so copy & paste

Nike workers who smuggle shoe parts out of the factory in their clothes or literally fling them over the back fences.”

bel airs shown above are replica fakes

so called GMs are just replicas, some peoples definition of GM doesnt even match the shoe

it just varies how much youre willing to pay

ive had many different pairs & held these so called grey market authentics, let me tell you its not the same . not the same material, not the same mold, not the same craftsmanship, no way its from the same factory. Fakes are just better in 2013, especially if you pay them enough $$$ to make a replica of a shoe that cost Nike $25 to make.. newer shoes like Kobe 8s for example theyre not as good at faking them yet, why do you think you cant even find a replica/gm with the proper engineered mesh right now.

“There’s no way to get inside anymore,” Lin told me, describing the enhanced security measures at the licensed factories: guards, cameras and secondary outer walls. “Now we just go to a shop that sells the real shoes, buy a pair from the store and duplicate them.” Counterfeits come in varying levels of quality depending on their intended market."

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/22/magazine/22fake-t.html?pagewanted=all&_r=1&

its pretty clear Nike licensed factories cant be doing no third shifts.... only some of the different raw material suppliers(sub-contractors) Nike orders from are capable of doing 3rd shifts, & sell raw materials to replica factories.

"But Nike maintains that its real problem isn’t these rogue mom-and-pop sweatshops. Much of the illicit fare in the markets is the genuine article, made by their own subcontractors.“Some of the clothing…appeared to be high-quality, genuine products being sold at low prices…. This is likely the result of ‘third-shift’ manufacturing, in which factories produce extras to sell on the side….”

Swooshes and other genuine Nike materials are often obtained from “recyclers, scavengers or from Nike workers who smuggle shoe parts out of the factory in their clothes or literally fling them over the back fences.”

http://www.wweek.com/portland/article-18528-nikeleaks.html

you know its NOT from the same factory/3rd shifts when workers had to do that just to sneak a shoe out

if i order 20,000 Royals from them, or 20,000 45- Sample Concords they would say yes...

so did they fling 20,000 pairs over the fence or hide 20,000 pairs in their undies?
roll.gif

anyways like I said these shoes are not even the same material/mold/craftsmanship/ & flaws that consistently & only exist in fakes,

so any argument here is pretty much invalid

even without this proof, the proof is right on the shoe itself..

-my only reply

Last edited:
That article is about replicas, not GM shoes.  They are misusing the term "grey market."  Like I said before, take it to PMs or the GM thread.  This is not the place...for the second time now.

I have yet to see tangible proof that grey market shoes are made in same factories. Unless ur over in china watching the shoes get made, u really have no clue where ur pair came from. I agree some legit pairs gets smuggled out during production but my opinion is 99.5% of the grey market shoes are well made fakes. These counterfeiters now have the money to make exact replicas since these fakes are $100-$300 a pair wholesale instead of the $20-$50 like they were years ago.

well made fakes are not grey market. they are well made fakes.  there is a difference.  if you would like to discuss the differences, there is a thread for that.

I know a lot of people buy online.  But always remember when you purchase in store, to try on the shoes!  And if you don't try them on at least take them out of the box and make sure they are the correct size.

not at all ... these fit nothing like the leather based 5s this year. These and Black Grapes are TTS vs going .5 size down like the others
both these and my grapes i had to go down .5 every 5 this past year I had to go down .5, maybe you have a wide foot or something.

crazy how these look on feet. i missed the release but was able to snag my size on a restock. one of the better 2013 releases in my opinion.

How much is a pair of these DS going for nowadays?

Edit: Nevermind read through the thread my bad for bein lazy lol.

Last edited:
I understand this is a bel air thread and as much as I hate these types of post too im really torn. I like both shoes equally. If I could have both, I would.

however my question is would you guys trade bel air v for bred 1? just want your guys .02

I understand this is a bel air thread and as much as I hate these types of post too im really torn. I like both shoes equally. If I could have both, I would.

however my question is would you guys trade bel air v for bred 1? just want your guys .02
the '13 breds were much more widely available, just a lot more and different people lookin for them.

If I had the breds, I would trade for the bel airs.

plus, you know there's bound to be a bred1 restock sometime in Q1/q2...

don't let that thirst get you, wait it out

Last edited:
the '13 breds were much more widely available, just a lot more and different people lookin for them.

If I had the breds, I would trade for the bel airs.

plus, you know there's bound to be a bred1 restock sometime in Q1/q2...

don't let that thirst get you, wait it out

Both pairs had a total quantity of 25k, iirc.

Can anyone confirm?

I guess I stand corrected. Maybe mgmt just did a better job spreading them. 1s were a relatively easy find around my stomping grounds, bel airs not so much

still sitting on 4 pairs of these... glad i did pretty well... Paid basically retail for all of them other then a size 8 i caught off some kid i offered him 250 on release day and he took it... Idk the fact that every sock liner was different really got me lol.. Brought that size 8 to flightclub recently because of all the kicks that are dropping.... its been sitting there for a while now lol.. but they did raise the price from 500 to 525 surprisingly

still sitting on 4 pairs of these... glad i did pretty well... Paid basically retail for all of them other then a size 8 i caught off some kid i offered him 250 on release day and he took it... Idk the fact that every sock liner was different really got me lol.. Brought that size 8 to flightclub recently because of all the kicks that are dropping.... its been sitting there for a while now lol.. but they did raise the price from 500 to 525 surprisingly

The shoes weren't selling, so they /raised/ the price...?

I thought you both have to agree on the price together no? I don't know consignment. 525 is a lot. I would feel bad charging that much. Especially if it's just sitting. I would've go get it and Craigslist it for 350 and be done.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom