Fresh Prince of Bel Air 5's?

Risk losing a manager job for $160!!! Dude
There's no "risk" if you do it intelligently. 

Back in 98-2006, the process was simple, risk-free and beneficial to me and my connect. 

The problem today?  Everyone is greedy. He turned down 160 cause someone offered him $200.

Times have changed. My FTL connect did it for free, but I would always take him to lunch/dinner for the help. 

My latino shiekh connect was a 12 pack, no money..he always refused. 

My black shiekh connect was ONLY lunch. He never took money.

As they grew up and got other jobs/careers, new relationships went from $10 a shoe to $100 for pair. When I started getting into the +40 over retail, I just quit and tried my luck online

There's no "risk" if you do it intelligently. 

Back in 98-2006, the process was simple, risk-free and beneficial to me and my connect. 

The problem today?  Everyone is greedy. He turned down 160 cause someone offered him $200.

Times have changed. My FTL connect did it for free, but I would always take him to lunch/dinner for the help. 

My latino shiekh connect was a 12 pack, no money..he always refused. 

My black shiekh connect was ONLY lunch. He never took money.

As they grew up and got other jobs/careers, new relationships went from $10 a shoe to $100 for pair. When I started getting into the +40 over retail, I just quit and tried my luck online
Is he greedy or smart,you should stop being cheap and offer up..

Risk losing a manager job for $160!!! Dude

i knew people in the past who worked as DM that took less

besides i know when not to say anything if someone is currently taking care of me

back in the mid 2000's i knew managers who sold the shoes out of footlocker before release date for a markup

i could use someone like that now

it's not too much of a shock

depending on the shoe i will tip and not be cheap but up to a point

my biggest screw up was a manager at jimmy jazz who would hold me anything and never take a penny

but i made a mistake and didnt get a pair of the cool grey 11's from him after he held the shoes for me cause i got em on line

ever since then i been screwed

Last edited:

Is he greedy or smart,you should stop being cheap and offer up..
roll.gif
Great logic.
my biggest screw up was a manager at jimmy jazz who would hold me anything and never take a penny

but i made a mistake and didnt get a pair of the cool grey 11's from him after he held the shoes for me cause i get em on line

Happened to me at Shiekh with a new connect. I didn't want the black and univ blue XIVs and he put them aside and I came back in the store a week or later to pay for the DMP and he gave me the cold shoulder. I had to buy him his pair to get my pair, luckily, when I went to pick up my pack both receipts had my cc info, so the worker gave me both and never talked to the guy again.
laugh.gif

Last edited:
I found a new connect at a hoh earlier this year and I still enter the raffle, but I've never lost a raffle. He marks my name with a star, so when they draw numbers, he knows my ticket. So technically I won my drawing. But the last few releases I either hadn't gone in cuz I didn't want the shoe or if I called him ahead to make sure they had my size and they didn't, I'd get them from somewhere else. So, when I went in there yesterday to sign up, he kinda gave me the cold shoulder. He didn't even sign me up, had some other guy sign me up, and I didn't have my ticket marked. I was like ****, there goes that connect. But, he gave me a call today at like 11:50 letting me know I won. There's a few other releases coming out tomorrow, so I'll grab like 3 or 4 pairs to make up for not buying anything from him recently. Tomorrow I'm grabbing the bel-airs, the lebron x low swamp things, the Kobe pit vipers, and the kd Halloweens. The lebrons and kd's he's letting me grab a little early, so I'll throw him a little extra. Tomorrow's turning out to be a real expensive day already!! Lol

I found a new connect at a hoh earlier this year and I still enter the raffle, but I've never lost a raffle. He marks my name with a star, so when they draw numbers, he knows my ticket. So technically I won my drawing. But the last few releases I either hadn't gone in cuz I didn't want the shoe or if I called him ahead to make sure they had my size and they didn't, I'd get them from somewhere else. So, when I went in there yesterday to sign up, he kinda gave me the cold shoulder. He didn't even sign me up, had some other guy sign me up, and I didn't have my ticket marked. I was like ****, there goes that connect. But, he gave me a call today at like 11:50 letting me know I won. There's a few other releases coming out tomorrow, so I'll grab like 3 or 4 pairs to make up for not buying anything from him recently. Tomorrow I'm grabbing the bel-airs, the lebron x low swamp things, the Kobe pit vipers, and the kd Halloweens. The lebrons and kd's he's letting me grab a little early, so I'll throw him a little extra. Tomorrow's turning out to be a real expensive day already!! Lol
let me know when the wedding is

From an old man (33)...word of advice.

accessories>shoes

Buy out their socks and cleaners and you'll have a happy marriage

i knew people in the past who worked as DM that took less

besides i know when not to say anything if someone is currently taking care of me

back in the mid 2000's i knew managers who sold the shoes out of footlocker before release date for a markup

i could use someone like that now

it's not too much of a shock

depending on the shoe i will tip and not be cheap but up to a point

but i made a mistake and didnt get a pair of the cool grey 11's from him after he held the shoes for me cause i get em on line

With a situation like this it is a good idea never to burn bridges in this hobby.  I have had this happen to me where I just buy wahtever they want me to buy and usually if it  is a large chain or even a smaller chain like JJ or Shiekh you can just return the item to another store if you don't want it. In the long run with something limited and an easy cop you will be glad you did .

You guys aren't lying about the whole game being rigged. I have a manager at a store who always let's me get multiples of Jordan's and will give me my size at minimum of other releases. They do raffles but it really doesn't matter because 2-3 sizes are already gone to me. Only problem is they don't get super limited releases but I'll take what I can get. I know whenever its a general release I don't have to do anything other than send a text to confirm its all good.

With a situation like this it is a good idea never to burn bridges in this hobby.  I have had this happen to me where I just buy wahtever they want me to buy and usually if it  is a large chain or even a smaller chain like JJ or Shiekh you can just return the item to another store if you don't want it. In the long run with something limited and an easy cop you will be glad you did .

so true

wish i would have copped the 11's i could have moved then the same day

J23 app is reporting that Jimmy Jazz will NOT have these online. Can anyone confirm?
You read the tweet wrong he said AND JJ meaning they are getting them.   The stores after JJ are not

J23@J23app 13m

Looks line online spots for the Bel Air V's are NDC, Foot Locker, Footaction, and JJ. Eastbay, Champs, Finish Line not getting them.

Last edited:

If the 77 denotes your year of birth then we can both agree that many times we outgrow the bridges and not burn them.

Could be wrong but is footlocker.com not excluding these from discount?

I didn't see the usual *Excluded from Discount message on the website for these

^^

Any coupon. Have you seen the listing on the website. They usually have the excluded from discount message right underneath on new retro JB releases. Don't see it for these

Last edited:
Didnt think you can use military discount on retros 

The system completely allows it. That's why you'll hear guys in here say they used it and other say they couldn't, or even others say they have to wait two weeks..:the manager/district manager decides whether the store will allow it, and not the computer system preventing it.

Back
Top Bottom