Full Size Run complex/solecollector YouTube series.

SMH, some of y'all just want to argue to argue or hate yourselves.

Sneaker culture has always been an "urban" thing. In the 90s it was black and latinos lining up or having mad shoes, white people weren't out there waiting on line and ****. I don't give a **** about white people designing or making shoes. I don't give a **** about some white celebs wearing a few shoes. White people looked at you crazy if you had 10-20 pairs of shoes. Let's not play stupid and like y'all were in elementary or high school and white kids had 20-30 pairs of shoes cause they didn't. I've literally had white people tell me that other white people made fun of them for having a few pairs of shoes and saying they wanted to be black. Like come on, y'all sound crazy as hell. 2010+ is when you started seeing mad white kids wearing mad shoes and ****.

Hahahaha Hahahaha I believe we're the same age my G. I agree 100% with you. I worked at a Nike retail store for 9 years part-time. Around 2010 was when the demographics shifted to the camp you described.

Kanye wearing AJ 1s and AJ 3s along with the (low quality) CDPs in 2008 is when the 'sneaker culture' and 'sneakerhead' trash started getting out of hand.

Urban =/= Black. Chill with that MAGA supremacist talk.

Footlockers were in the cities and the suburbs. Everyone had access. Lets not play stupid like you were in elementary school and you had 20 pairs of shoes unless you grew up rich-rich.

and I feel you, however it doesn't negate nor invalidate Vans rightful place in da pantheon of sneaker culture, and we know thats all burby white people ish.

ninjahood ninjahood were these people buying 20-30 pairs of VANS though? I get the feeling that they might've had 2 pairs max or just 1 busted pair.

Hahahaha Hahahaha 's alluding to generally liking shoes as opposed to this whack 'sneaker culture', 'sneakerhead' and reselling 'culture'.

ninjahood ninjahood were these people buying 20-30 pairs of VANS though? I get the feeling that they might've had 2 pairs max or just 1 busted pair.

Hahahaha Hahahaha 's alluding to generally liking shoes as opposed to this whack 'sneaker culture', 'sneakerhead' and reselling 'culture'.

what I'm saying is sneaker culture is a term that encompasses all genres and sub-genres all Sneakers..from dope boy kicks, to skate culture footwear to basketball kicks, to runners, etc.

its not unlike cars, you got low Riders, drift cars, VIP, stanced, etc.

The only way I'll start watching FSR is if they hunted down the most rarest kicks and have a big screen tv playing the dopest sneaker moments from TV shows/ movies. Here on NT I've posted some rare stuff, more examples: that gif that's floating around of Aunt Becky wearing the Air Raid 2, I made it. I also made and posted other gifs like Smart Guy's Mo rockin the Reebok Big Hurts, T.J. rockin the Nike Air Griffey Max 1s, Marcus & Mo rockin the Reebok Questions, etc. So if I could do it I know they def have the resources to make it happen.

Last edited:
During the late sixties and early seventies, and then well into the eighties, the NYPD would state that someone wearing sneakers outside of the gym, were wearing FELONY shoes. I do not know what was happening around the rest of the country in this regard, but even to this day in NYC among a certain demographic, wearing the top heavy brands, Nike, Reebok, Converse and Adidas, has a stigma attached to them UNLESS you are wearing running shoes.

A white girl wearing running shoes in midtown manhattan can run through a crowd of people on a sidewalk, at any time, then not be considered a nuisance. However, let a brother run down the street in the same area, then watch undercover cops come out of nowhere, then inappropriately address the situation.

I wanna have a conversation with someone who was doubling up in the 80’s and 90’s. Keeping **** on ice back then. That’s who I wanna hear from.

Bobbito Garcia circa 1991
Bobbito Garcia.jpg

Bobbito Garcia 2.jpg

another car analogy....so you're gonna tell da guy who owns Ferraris he's not a driver?
Not that I know many but I'm sure there are lots of rich dudes who have expensive/exotic cars but couldn't tell u what kinda engine is under the hood

Hahahaha Hahahaha Will always be my guy for his love of The Kobe. That’s my favorite shoe of all time. I even liked The Kobe II :lol:. Pure nostalgia.

I grew up liking sneakers because I saw them on NBC during a NBA game, or at a park, a commercial, or in a catalog. That’s why I just don’t get the whole off white, Travis Scott etc love. It just isn’t for me.

Another thing I thought about recently.I barely see commercials for signature shoes anymore? Can’t remember a signature shoe commercial lately.

Back
Top Bottom