Girlfriend Being Friends with Your Male Friends Ok?

Originally Posted by Trent Ferris

Originally Posted by Galvelocity

Are you guys serious? I moved out here Freshman year and my bf was my best friend  as well as one of my first friends when I moved here. His friends were, and still are (even though we're not together anymore) some of my best friends. They called me all the time to hang out. They were all super respectful and not a single one ever made an attempt to try anything. They'd call us to see if we wanted to do something and if he was busy they'd just come to see me. One of his friends actually ended up being my best friend now.

My current bf doesn't care either. I always hang out with his friends. All my friends are dudes so any guy that dates me better get used to that. He always comes home and I'll have had his boys over to play video games or eat. (eat food, before NT jumps in w the innuend0
laugh.gif
)

This is a real test of a situation right here.

If I was dating a girl and this was the case, I'd reconsider the relationship.

Just too easy for %%$@ to go dead wrong without anything being "different" or "off".

Call me insecure, but if a chick is hanging out with all guys, it's a guarantee that at least one of them has smashed/is tryna smash. Not saying SHE's weak or a sleez, but let's be honest. In 2010 who ISN'T cheating on their spouse?

Originally Posted by gORJESS

Originally Posted by brettTHEjett
You need to learn how to pick girlfriends my friend. 

Bring friends is one thing, but chillin with your mans friends when hes not around? kinda weird. Maybe like if the event was planned and a big group of mixed company was going and somehow last minute the boyfriend couldnt go...but in any other circumstance..why would you need to?

You can't determine these things until the show their true face

Originally Posted by gORJESS

Originally Posted by brettTHEjett
You need to learn how to pick girlfriends my friend. 

Bring friends is one thing, but chillin with your mans friends when hes not around? kinda weird. Maybe like if the event was planned and a big group of mixed company was going and somehow last minute the boyfriend couldnt go...but in any other circumstance..why would you need to?

You can't determine these things until the show their true face

My ex was friends with one of my best friends before we started dating so they hung out sometimes without me being there. I was cool with it...

They do have to realize though that once the relationship is over, its best to stop talking to the close friends because after we broke up, she kept trying to keep contact with my friend asking to hang out. I am the one that broke it off so she either wanted to keep in contact with me through my friend or she wanted to let him smash... He didn't want to find out so he cut her off as well... a sign of a real friend.

My ex was friends with one of my best friends before we started dating so they hung out sometimes without me being there. I was cool with it...

They do have to realize though that once the relationship is over, its best to stop talking to the close friends because after we broke up, she kept trying to keep contact with my friend asking to hang out. I am the one that broke it off so she either wanted to keep in contact with me through my friend or she wanted to let him smash... He didn't want to find out so he cut her off as well... a sign of a real friend.

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

To the chicks on NT, have you ever been tried by your BF's friends like that?

Did you feel tempted to cheat or cross any boundaries?
Yes and yes. Sue me but his friend was fine as hell and my boyfriend was living his life with his side joints. How mad can he rightfully have been at me when he was doing him. We are all still friends to this day.

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

To the chicks on NT, have you ever been tried by your BF's friends like that?

Did you feel tempted to cheat or cross any boundaries?
Yes and yes. Sue me but his friend was fine as hell and my boyfriend was living his life with his side joints. How mad can he rightfully have been at me when he was doing him. We are all still friends to this day.

Originally Posted by Philthy

Nice first post. This is exactly how me and my friends do once a relationship with a gf ends.

Good friends
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Philthy

Nice first post. This is exactly how me and my friends do once a relationship with a gf ends.

Good friends
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by blackmagnus514

That's on ya'll for choosing those types of ppl to hang around.

It's not even that though. I KNOW none of them would try anything. I don't even refer to them as friends. They're my brothers.
We've grown up together since elementary and I'm 21 in college now.
I just think it's disrespectful/a bad move.
Hypothetically, if my girl and my brothers became BFFs and I slipped up and cheated or something, she could go straight to them for answers.
They wouldn't tell her but I'd rather not take that chance.
Plus there's no telling what guys they might bring around when I'm not there. It's just not a good look imo.

Originally Posted by blackmagnus514

That's on ya'll for choosing those types of ppl to hang around.

It's not even that though. I KNOW none of them would try anything. I don't even refer to them as friends. They're my brothers.
We've grown up together since elementary and I'm 21 in college now.
I just think it's disrespectful/a bad move.
Hypothetically, if my girl and my brothers became BFFs and I slipped up and cheated or something, she could go straight to them for answers.
They wouldn't tell her but I'd rather not take that chance.
Plus there's no telling what guys they might bring around when I'm not there. It's just not a good look imo.

Moral of this thread.

A lot of you guys need to be less insecure, pick better friends (and GFs)

Why are you still friends, with people like that in the first place if you can't even trust them alone with your girl for a second? Also, if you aren't sure about your chick if she's down for your cause, then why commit that? She'll know her role and your friends should respect your relationship.

I swear sometimes, I understand why NT'ers shoot themselves in the foot when it comes to relationship decisions and begin posting all these atrocious relationship threads.
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Moral of this thread.

A lot of you guys need to be less insecure, pick better friends (and GFs)

Why are you still friends, with people like that in the first place if you can't even trust them alone with your girl for a second? Also, if you aren't sure about your chick if she's down for your cause, then why commit that? She'll know her role and your friends should respect your relationship.

I swear sometimes, I understand why NT'ers shoot themselves in the foot when it comes to relationship decisions and begin posting all these atrocious relationship threads.
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Are you guys serious? I moved out here Freshman year and my bf was my best friend  as well as one of my first friends when I moved here. His friends were, and still are (even though we're not together anymore) some of my best friends. They called me all the time to hang out. They were all super respectful and not a single one ever made an attempt to try anything. They'd call us to see if we wanted to do something and if he was busy they'd just come to see me. One of his friends actually ended up being my best friend now.

My current bf doesn't care either. I always hang out with his friends. All my friends are dudes so any guy that dates me better get used to that. He always comes home and I'll have had his boys over to play video games or eat. (eat food, before NT jumps in w the innuend0
laugh.gif
)

Just too easy for %%$@ to go dead wrong without anything being "different" or "off".

Call me insecure, but if a chick is hanging out with all guys, it's a guarantee that at least one of them has smashed/is tryna smash. Not saying SHE's weak or a sleez, but let's be honest. In 2010 who ISN'T cheating on their spouse?

I have NEVER gone anywhere NEAR cheating. When I'm in a relationship I don't even think about other dudes. I'm a super committed girl and guys know that. Obviously you guys have some terrible friends and girlfriends or you wouldn't need to worry about this. I've been cheated on a couple times and I still let my bf's have girl friends. If you never trust anyone you'll never get anywhere. If a dude cheats on me he's a loser and I'm better off knowing.

If there was ever a guy in particular (with the exception of my two best friends) that my bf wanted me to stop seeing one-on-one, I'd obviously oblige, but no bf I've ever had has been worried about me cheating bc I'm so against it.

laugh.gif
)

I have NEVER gone anywhere NEAR cheating. When I'm in a relationship I don't even think about other dudes. I'm a super committed girl and guys know that. Obviously you guys have some terrible friends and girlfriends or you wouldn't need to worry about this. I've been cheated on a couple times and I still let my bf's have girl friends. If you never trust anyone you'll never get anywhere. If a dude cheats on me he's a loser and I'm better off knowing.

If there was ever a guy in particular (with the exception of my two best friends) that my bf wanted me to stop seeing one-on-one, I'd obviously oblige, but no bf I've ever had has been worried about me cheating bc I'm so against it.

Back
Top Bottom