GOAT APP legit?

Getting the runaround from Goat on a recent sale. I shipped same day as ordered, tracking shows delivered. But the sale was canceled. Haven't received either a payout or my shoes back. Just had to open a new request because my previous one was marked resolved but I never heard back from anyone. Anyone had this happen?

Anyone have any ideas what I can do with this? They finally got back to me. Here is the response:

"Thanks for reaching out to us here at GOAT!

I apologize for the delay here in responses. So sorry to hear about some issues with order #12312312312.

At this time, due to our logistical procedures and the volume of orders coming in and out of the warehouses, we are unable to guarantee that we will be able to sort orders that are shipped incorrectly. We apologize for the limitation.

It is an assumed seller's responsibility to correctly ship each order separately with the pre-paid shipping label provided for each order including the correct SKU/size, complete accessories, and shoebox.

Please see: https://goat.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115004610547-How-do-I-ship-the-items-I-ve-sold-

Hopefully, our warehouse team will be able to sort out the mix-up, if not they will reach out to you in a separate email with your options."

So it looks like they are blaming me for "shipping incorrectly" which I didn't. Shoes sold on 12/22, shipped that day, and tracking shows as delivered on 12/27. It's been over a month. Is there a number I can call and actually talk to someone?

I just took a 5% discount on a “badly damaged box”… I’ll take a picture when it arrives for ya :lol:

Anyone have any ideas what I can do with this? They finally got back to me. Here is the response:

I apologize for the delay here in responses. So sorry to hear about some issues with order #12312312312.

At this time, due to our logistical procedures and the volume of orders coming in and out of the warehouses, we are unable to guarantee that we will be able to sort orders that are shipped incorrectly. We apologize for the limitation.

It is an assumed seller's responsibility to correctly ship each order separately with the pre-paid shipping label provided for each order including the correct SKU/size, complete accessories, and shoebox.

Please see: https://goat.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115004610547-How-do-I-ship-the-items-I-ve-sold-

Hopefully, our warehouse team will be able to sort out the mix-up, if not they will reach out to you in a separate email with your options."

So it looks like they are blaming me for "shipping incorrectly" which I didn't. Shoes sold on 12/22, shipped that day, and tracking shows as delivered on 12/27. It's been over a month. Is there a number I can call and actually talk to someone?
Who canceled the sale?

Anyone know how long it takes to hear if a buyer accepts a discount or how long goat waits to hear back from the buyer. I sold a pair of used team Jordans at $25 lol that appearantly had an odor (probably did, they're like 15yo) offered a 5% disco and 2 days later still no response from the buyer... honestly goat can keep the shoes I didn't think they'd ever sell anyways lol more worried about my rating dropping than the shoes or money.

Anyone know how long it takes to hear if a buyer accepts a discount or how long goat waits to hear back from the buyer. I sold a pair of used team Jordans at $25 lol that appearantly had an odor (probably did, they're like 15yo) offered a 5% disco and 2 days later still no response from the buyer... honestly goat can keep the shoes I didn't think they'd ever sell anyways lol more worried about my rating dropping than the shoes or money.
I think they have 24 hours...but the app doesn't seem to update when they decline or ignore the offer.

Also I've sold a few pairs with various issues that GOAT magically found...but I don't think my seller rating ever went down when the buyer declined my offer

Also I've sold a few pairs with various issues that GOAT magically found...but I don't think my seller rating ever went down when the buyer declined my offer
Never had a sale not go through with them have had a few issues like damaged box or scuffs etc they've magically found and I've offered discounts on but I heard back pretty quick they'd accpted. All my listings are used, I'm not in it for the resale money just to get rid of things time to time most of my listings are sky high and not realistic in price (really don't want to sell) but if someone pays... well everything has its price.
Goat/alias must be backed up, they just emailed me and said the buyer accepted but they're still pending authentication when I check the app.
Makes me wonder what happens if the buyer doesn't respond at all... with these I wouldn't care I lost the shoes and didn't get paid but I've got some higher dollar items I'd be POd if they got misplaced for something because the buyer never responded...

Now they are telling me they need the drop off receipt to look into this further. Isn't that what tracking is for? The tracking number shows the entire history from pick up to delivery.

Now they are telling me they need the drop off receipt to look into this further. Isn't that what tracking is for? The tracking number shows the entire history from pick up to delivery.

For anyone that cares, I called them out on the BS excuse of needing a physical drop off receipt since tracking is updated. Now I'm being told that I shipped the wrong item which is why the sale was canceled, which is again BS and not true. I find it funny that no one reached out to me to tell me that.

Then this: "Typically when we receive a wrong item from a seller, we offer the option to re-list under the correct SKU via your GOAT app. Regrettably, due to the large inbound volume of packages received at our warehouse daily, it can be difficult to locate the items that were sent incorrectly.

Rest assured, a member of our verification department will follow up with further instructions if they are able to locate the incorrectly shipped. We apologize for any inconvenience."

So it sounds like to me they finally admitted to losing my package or whatever, but they still aren't doing anything about it. Sucks because I have sold hundreds and bought quite a few from them, but will no longer be doing any business with them.

Buyer and seller beware.

For anyone that cares, I called them out on the BS excuse of needing a physical drop off receipt since tracking is updated. Now I'm being told that I shipped the wrong item which is why the sale was canceled, which is again BS and not true. I find it funny that no one reached out to me to tell me that.

Then this: "Typically when we receive a wrong item from a seller, we offer the option to re-list under the correct SKU via your GOAT app. Regrettably, due to the large inbound volume of packages received at our warehouse daily, it can be difficult to locate the items that were sent incorrectly.

Rest assured, a member of our verification department will follow up with further instructions if they are able to locate the incorrectly shipped. We apologize for any inconvenience."

So it sounds like to me they finally admitted to losing my package or whatever, but they still aren't doing anything about it. Sucks because I have sold hundreds and bought quite a few from them, but will no longer be doing any business with them.

Buyer and seller beware.

My case was finally sent to a supervisor, but still not going anywhere. I was told:

"We recieved an item that we do not have any recollection of what it is. Therefore our team was not able to consign or process the order. As advised due to your request you may look in our FAQ's for that information to best assist you."

Just a big load of crap. For the love of God, everyone please stay away from Goat. There is a reason that you can't leave reviews on their facebook page, they don't have a customer service phone number to call, and their rating with the BBB is garbage.

man, thats bad and scary.

I always get scared sending **** to people but now its even worse with a stock and goat with thousands of pairs probably being delivered daily

SMH

Report them to the BBB if you haven't already

Did that last week.
man, thats bad and scary.

I always get scared sending **** to people but now its even worse with a stock and goat with thousands of pairs probably being delivered daily

SMH

Pretty crazy that they can just tell a customer they "lost" what was sent in, but we aren't going to do anything about it.

What shoes were they?

Pair of B Grade Air Max 1 London. Messed around and bought them on eBay and didn't notice they were B Grade and couldn't return. :blush:

You break it you bought it. If it was delivered to GOAT they need to cash him out, end of story. He may have sent the wrong item but once they lost it its on goat.

Man, that is what I'm saying!!! It is absolutely insane to me that they think this is okay. I am 100% sure I sent in the right pair, but even if I didn't, the fact that they can't tell me what the "wrong pair" is is crazy. I have seen a few complaints very similar to mine recently.

Pair of B Grade Air Max 1 London. Messed around and bought them on eBay and didn't notice they were B Grade and couldn't return. :blush:

Man, that is what I'm saying!!! It is absolutely insane to me that they think this is okay. I am 100% sure I sent in the right pair, but even if I didn't, the fact that they can't tell me what the "wrong pair" is is crazy. I have seen a few complaints very similar to mine recently.

I was thinking it might be something hyped.

Sounds like your shoes went “missing” once they got to their wear house.

Don’t let them off the hook; you need this resolved.

If all else fails, air them out in twitter/IG.

glad they weren't something pricey but still ridiculous they can't tell you what they received and where it is...

hard to get stuff trending or viral on social media/twitter but this would be a case for that but I feel like unless its some insane pair of kicks no one gives a ****

Finally got my payout, but this is after I contacted the VP of Customer Support, Andrew Breen, on LinkedIn. I explained the situation to him and he got my payment released within an hour. I won't be using them going forward, but wanted to give an update incase this happens to anyone else in the future.

Last edited:
Hate to say but that isn’t going to do anything. Might have to start recording myself i I sell again, what I’m shipping out

Pathetic
That does nothing with GOAT, I started recording while I'm shipping the shoes out since one time they said my box was damage when it was arrived and i end up giving a discount.

so again they said the shoes were worn on another pair. I replied back and told them that's impossible and attached the video of the shoes and they were like welp it was found to be used at time of inspection, so too bad.

this is what was said in the email
I see you've gone ahead and provided a video of your sneakers.
I do see your order was issued for being used and I've gone ahead and provided the photos. Regrettably, at the time of verification, the sneakers were found to have the markings photographed below.

I didn't give a discount and they shipped the shoes back to me.

I think they be trying to get discounts on stuff they are buying for themselves.

Yea I know it won’t do anything atleast if I have to post **** on social media but unless you have a cult following on Twitter your voice won’t be heard

Sad!

Back
Top Bottom