Golden Gate Bridge Suicide Jumpers

That's sad.
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by non flammable

Originally Posted by solemunchies

Might be a stupid question but do you think that some of them survived that jump?

That video was intense even without the music
frown.gif

for real.  they land in water.  i guess the impact from that far up kills them instantly?  someone fill me in on that
You ever watch The Guardian? With Ashton Kutcher?

yea Ive been curious too on what exactly kills you, all you hear is the impact once you hit kills you instantly but yea not to get to gorey but I wanna know specifics, like does your head split open? does your spine just out your back, does your heart and lungs become displaced? im serious

=\. Real sad...I've heard of people jumping. But, this was my 1st time viewing it.

It was touching. Idk, but rip to them.

A close friend of mine committed suicide by jumping off a bridge a few years back, so since then I've been super sympathetic towards this sort of stuff.

So... Me an wifey is jus watchin this and my question to her and NT is: is the world not a somewhat better place without these folk. The question I originally asked her is if were goin on a trip to say Hawaii, and one of these folk is flyin the plane. I don't wanna go cuz he wanna go!!! Sooo technically wouldn't the world be a better place w/o these people???

Dudes jump off a bridge and they have cars running behind them

any true suicidal person shou;d know that a car would take you out better

but Im no pro

Originally Posted by Kicktionair

Dudes jump off a bridge and they have cars running behind them

any true suicidal person shou;d know that a car would take you out better

but Im no pro
You're an idiot. If the suicidal one jump into a moving car that would causes more than a mess and would probably killed the people driving too.

Originally Posted by Je Ne Sais Quoi

Even though it's a cowardly way out, that dude in all black with the shades went out like a G, backwards, head first.
foreal tho
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

but that old guy
frown.gif
tired.gif

Please don't take this the wrong way. Maybe there is no way to say this without sounding insensitive but...

Isn't depression a real problem in the gay community? Or is there another reason why SO MANY people choose that bridge in that area?

as for the dying. i suspect they get knocked out from impact and drown. Or can't swim due to broken bones once they realize this sucks worse than living.

Originally Posted by solemunchies

Might be a stupid question but do you think that some of them survived that jump?
my cousin is friends with a dude who survived it. they call him "suicide kev"
laugh.gif
. i haven't seen it yet, but i believe it's the dude in the movie.

going to watch that now though, thanks to whoever posted that hulu link.

Prostaffer wrote:

Please don't take this the wrong way. Maybe there is no way to say this without sounding insensitive but...

Isn't depression a real problem in the gay community? Or is there another reason why SO MANY people choose that bridge in that area?

as for the dying. i suspect they get knocked out from impact and drown. Or can't swim due to broken bones once they realize this sucks worse than living.
^^I get what you're trying to say, but i dont think being homosexual has anything to do with the jump. Ive read somewhere that people wanna see something beautiful before they go. if you've been on the bridge, you have to admit, its a pretty damn good site. 
i had an old high school class made jump from his room several stories above while  attending Perdue. 

To everyone reading this, please just let people know that there is always a positive side to every negative situation. Very cliche, yes i know, but its truth. 

Im very curious to see this entire documentary but im not sure i'll be able to handle it
ohwell.gif

I watched this documentary when it released and it was definitely morbid. I made a mistake bringing my date who is now my GF to see this film.

Back
Top Bottom