Government Shutdown 2013-2014 My Civil Servant Brethern...what you think

FUUUUUUUUU

Lost my SS card and have to get a replacement ASAP for a new job..... and the damn SS offices arent doing SS card replacements because of the stupid govt shut down?! any updates when this **** will end or what i can do?

conan_deal_with_it.gif

Blame the crazy *** Tea Party and Ted Cruz

yesterday i was PISSED.

today im just numb.

catch 22 for me, they sent everyone in my shop home but me and 3 others.
my mom is flying in tomorrow and i put in for leave for the next 10 days.

well you cant take leave while under a furlough. so that means if i take off i cant come back to work until the nonsense is over.

In the HRSA building. Still open even though most of the offices are closed. Doing contract work so I was getting paid whether or not the govt shutdown. But one of the programs I do 80% of my work for is already approved this year for funding so I still have to come here in the morning. Blew my life :x Wanted to sit home and play GTA.

Most of my friends work for the government and them dudes were at happy hour starting at 2pm yesterday.  Just drinking and everything
laugh.gif
.  I caught up to them after I left work, they seemed not to really care about it.  Said that would just enjoy the time off from work. 

I also work in government and they are telling us we're funding through the 25th. Anything pass that we're shutdown I'm sure this dog and pony show will end by then.

Most of my friends work for the government and them dudes were at happy hour starting at 2pm yesterday.  Just drinking and everything
laugh.gif
.  I caught up to them after I left work, they seemed not to really care about it.  Said that would just enjoy the time off from work. 
IMO it doesn't affect younger employees nearly as much as it does the older ones who are established with families, mortgages, etc... When we were furloughed this past summer I was fine because my rent is pretty low and I don't have many other bills. I can spend about 2/3 of my monthly income on whatever. I really just felt bad for my co-workers with big families that are the bread winners and taking care of their kids, and their grandkids in some cases budgeting every dollar of their paycheck to make ends meet. 20% cut in pay for being furloughed two days every pay period can be devastating when you rely on a full pay check. So this full shutdown...I can't even imagine the strife it is putting on some families.

Last edited:

so democrats are willing to shut da government down because they aren't willing to delay obamacare for a year? for a program that admittedly isn't

You have NO CLUE what you are talking about. The government will be shut down because John Boehner is a slave to the tea party.

This entire fiasco would be over if Boehner allowed an up or down vote on the clean funding bill passed by the senate

why should they vote on a clean bill when this is a PERFECT opportunity to use it as leverage?

democrats, and obama in particular doesn't negotiate with GOP members at all, and this bill was RAMMED thru in da first place, and you expect da

opposite party to just bend over and take it? :lol:

have we forgotten da tea party members were VOTED IN to power by people in their constituents in 2010 as a democratic backlash? yea...

there's always 2 sides to a story...

republicans have been adament to make obama's presidency miserable since he was elected. how is it after all these yrs you STILL don't get that. the house is the only group holding up the gov't from keeping things moving.

GOP have been trying to vote off the affordable care act over 40 times already. and they ARE STILL TRYING, hence the shutdown. so **** with ur ridiculous right wing rhetoric, you sound like dominican rush limbaugh..michael steele...marco rubio. even john mccain, who almost never agrees with obama, has been saying for the past week or two, this is a complete waste of time. and it is.

every time the house comes up with a proposal, it involves ******g with the ACA. in the meantime, state and govt healthcare sites crashed/slowed to a crawl with people looking to sign up and get info.

Understand this: if the republicans actually had a problem with the ACA, they would engage in active and constructive discussions with the president and the senate to improve it. This bill is very complicated, it has a lot of moving parts, and it isn't 100% perfect, but no1 should expect it to be. If you expected the bill to be perfect, you need to not talk about politics ever again.

Take the ACA for what it is, a step in the right direction, that addresses the needs of the less fortunate, something this country, (mostly due to GOP) have yet to really address. All i've been hearing from the right, is slashing funding for safety net programs, like welfare/food stamps or the dept of education...you know the stuff that prevents this country from having mass starvation (as if we don't already have hungry citizens) and that educate our children, so they can be more informed than the unqualified individuals in washington and progress our society and environment.

But no, the republicans don't like obamacare for a legitimate reason, they don't like obama. period.

You continuously criticize the democrats like they are ruining the govt or something and you need to give it a rest. you refuse to consider yourself black tho, so i can't really be surprised >D

I encourage EVERYONE to really do research on the healthcare act. It mostly effects people who are uninsured (duh but you'd be surprised at the # of people who don't know that), but adds some benefits for people who are insured. The benefits are huge. The bill is going in the right direction, and should only be improved upon, not dismantled. That would be the mature thing to do as a politician who represents the voice and well being of his or her constituents. I have felt the benefits already, and so has my girl, when we both came out of college.

word to jimmy kimmel, don't be like the people who think obamacare and the affordable care act are two different things. its bad enough we have citizens who don't even know the 3 branches of gov't.

Most of my friends work for the government and them dudes were at happy hour starting at 2pm yesterday.  Just drinking and everything :lol: .  I caught up to them after I left work, they seemed not to really care about it.  Said that would just enjoy the time off from work. 

but with the previous furlough that just occurred, they wildn cause that 20% was a pain .

edit: hennessy addressed this. I was (still am) in the process of purchasing a home and giving pay statements with the 20% furlough payment didnt look good and can still effect my closing (that is approaching)

not cool Boehner

Last edited:
Da math is simple... Pay hundreds a month for

insurance da vast majority of healthy people dont

Think they need, or pay that 99 buck fine..what you

think Cats gonna do?

I heard the Government really shut down to plan what they will do in November. Apparently there is a "Comet" approaching. Its not really a Comet, its an artificial structure with geometry and a power source that adds up to intelligent design. NASA just closed public acess to Hubble, so we are blind and cant track its approach.

But either way

The Government being shutdown, and families left at home with people who are missing out on money is ridiculous. Why isnt congress facing a pay freeze? The higher ups have more money yet they get to sustain their income.....end rant.

Shutting down the government over something that's the law of the land :smh:

Best way they could of repealed was by electing Romney but they lost. People really losing work because of these &^@%@.

Last edited:
Yep debt ceiling coming soon and the "right" will still complain about ACA and do some more grandstanding without pay for bills that were already accumulated.

think Cats gonna do?

Lets completely ignore the fact the penalties get much for severe in the coming years and the same thing would apply if they delayed it one more year.

think Cats gonna do?

You do realize some of these healthy people may qualify for Govt premium assistance depending on income level.

Here's the lowest tier insurance plan breakdown for a healthy 25 year old making $20,000 a year in LA County.
https://www.coveredca.com/shopandcompare

Cost Details

Adult #1 (age 25):$160
Total monthly premium (without premium assistance): $160
Premium assistance: -$120
You pay: $40

So pay $40/month to be covered or throw away money by just paying a penalty? I know you know a lot of families or people in your community that can GREATLY BENEFIT from this!

Last edited:
Shutting down the government over something that's the law of the land :smh:

Best way they could of repealed was by electing Romney but they lost. People really losing work because of these &^@%@.

/thread. you guys see obama and the dems shutting down the govt over the voting rights act ruling? no? neither do i. the hate (and more or less racism) is real and the right is really prepared to sacrifice federal jobs and programs just to make a point.

its a shame these people were elected :smh:

think Cats gonna do?

Lets completely ignore the fact the penalties get much for severe in the coming years and the same thing would apply if they delayed it one more year.

No one is gonna care if they're healthy.. And if

Obama doesnt get enough "healthy bodies to pay

In da pool" da whole system is going to implode on

Itself.

Back
Top Bottom