Government Shutdown 2013-2014 My Civil Servant Brethern...what you think

I'm not the most politically conscious person in the world but I had a basic question.

This whole government shutdown is taking place because republicans don't feel they need to respect a law that has passed and been ruled constitution?

They have a whole list of demands they want. However, they are using the ACA as leverage. If the GOP gets away with this it sets a bad example because now you can hold up anything because "you don't like the law". You better believe the democrats will use it too.

They have a whole list of demands they want. However, they are using the ACA as leverage. If the GOP gets away with this it sets a bad example because now you can hold up anything because "you don't like the law". You better believe the democrats will use it too.

Yup just like when the Democrats wouldn't fund the troops in 2007.

If Romney was President and it was Romneycare, I guarantee the Democrats would be doing just like what the Republicans are doing. :smh:

i live with my mom, i dont live off da government...try again nimrod.

democrats delayed da law for corporations and interests groups already.

stop playing stupid obama and extend it to everyone else.
Does your mom get assistance?
no she doesn't, i never seen a food stamp in my life.
How can u say you never seen a food stamp when you was the one who said you would buy food stMps off the womenz tryin to purses or somethin like that?

How can u say you never seen a food stamp when you was the one who said you would buy food stMps off the womenz tryin to purses or somethin like that?

I said i buy foodstamps off people or did i say

That happens in general? Dont be conflating

**** i say to suit your response.

Let Ninjahood live. Its getting annoying seeing the attacks in every thread. Dudes living his life the way he wants and is happy, deal with it. He's in a better spot than 99% of you guys anyways

Let Ninjahood live. Its getting annoying seeing the attacks in every thread. Dudes living his life the way he wants and is happy, deal with it. He's in a better spot than 99% of you guys anyways

Lol a bit high don't you think?

I'm not the most politically conscious person in the world but I had a basic question.

This whole government shutdown is taking place because republicans don't feel they need to respect a law that has passed and been ruled constitution?
That is correct.

That is correct.

How many CR's did da house pass & da senate

Reject again? I think its within reason to at least

Look at extending a temporary delay for everyone

& not just employers...

Last edited:

That is correct.
How many CR's did da house pass & da senate

Reject again? I think its within reason to at least

Look at extending a temporary delay for everyone

& not just employers...
What purpose would it serve to delay certain implementations?  At the end of the day nothing or no bill is perfect.  Most the the arguments that I hear or see from Republicans in Congress revolves around the mentality that the ACA is not perfect?  Again, nothing is perfect. 

Why delay it if people want it and can use ? It's not like people can delay an illness.

The first delay was because they comprised, there's no guarantee they won't pull this stunt again.

Employers got a delay, there's no reason why

individuals weren't awarded da same luxury.

Corporations aren't people. People get sick and they need insurance. Theres a lot of luxuries corporations get and individuals don't.

no reason?

85% of the population is unaffected by the new law so were talking about less than 15% of the population right?

but every employer is affected right now.

doesnt that sound like a reasonable reason?

Real talk, we need a strong third party in this country. I'm getting tired of Democrats and Republicans. I used to side with Democrats heavy, but over the years I'm not really liking their policies either. 

Exactly bruh. I'm a registered independent, but I have always lived in states where my vote doesn't actually matter. MD is strongly Dem, TN is strongly Rep, and NY is strongly Dem. Vote just does not matter in these states.

Exactly bruh. I'm a registered independent, but I have always lived in states where my vote doesn't actually matter. MD is strongly Dem, TN is strongly Rep, and NY is strongly Dem. Vote just does not matter in these states.

You have to keep voting independent to send a message to both of these parties. Your vote doesn't count anyways because of the electorate, but the winning team will use your number to do exactly what people in this thread are doing... "America voted for Obamacare because they voted for Obama," etc. That train of thought is not mutually inclusive and false but won't stop the politicians from twisting the numbers for their gain... they are politicians after all.

Back
Top Bottom