Government Shutdown 2013-2014 My Civil Servant Brethern...what you think

Requesting unbiased opinions here. What is their real issue with Obamacare/ACA, and was it really worth shutting down the government for 2 weeks? The money lost during this time, how will it affect us moving forward?

considering obamacare was rammed down da throat passed without anyone reading it, and it now increases healthcare cost for everyone

and it cost 3 times what it originally gonna cost...yes.

Does Fox News send their talking point directly to da Sidekick :rofl:

considering obamacare was rammed down da throat passed without anyone reading it, and it now increases healthcare cost for everyone

Any sources on this?

Last edited by a moderator:
Republicans look like damn fools right now. I'd have more respect for their stance if they said eff it and stuck to their guns. So we shut down the government for 2 weeks, kept folks from earning paychecks, cost the country who knows how much....and for what? To prove a point? And what exactly was that point again?

I won't call this a win for Democrats. But they definitely didn't take a L like the conservative right.
nah, you know who's taking da L, moderate republicans...they're da ones that cut that deal in da senate.

and all this deal did is kick da can down da road for a couple of more months..

if anything, da liberals should be sucking off da speaker of da house because he's BRINGING up da senate bill to da floor KNOWNING its gonna

be all all democrats votes.

Any sources on this?
you know how many links rico X hood that posted here already that go ignored?

da bull **** website that still doesn't work now cost triple it was supposed to cost.
laugh.gif

I don't even bother anymore. People don't want conflicting opinions. They just want information that reaffirms what they already believe.

I have a question for you all. Any one here actual afaid of the American Dollar losing value? I mean It really should lose value, its the logical thing to happen. Yet for some reason I not afraid of that happening any time soon. 

already prepared for that scenario

Any sources on this?

da bull **** website that still doesn't work now cost triple it was supposed to cost. :lol:

So the website cost 3x more, but you frame it like the entire program does :lol:

I don't even bother anymore. People don't want conflicting opinions. They just want information that reaffirms what they already believe.
nah **** that, you gotta stay firm with truth...never think that your work goes unappreciated.

so predictable. this scenario happened last time with the debt ceiling. last minute solutions :rofl:

now lets see what will happen to our credit rating

He's right though Obamacare will cost more than projected. As of right now the only numbers that we can go off is the numbers reported by states that set up their own exchanges. The HHS has not yet released their numbers on the other federal exchanges. But the state exchanges have reported higher rates.

He's right though Obamacare will cost more than projected. As of right now the only numbers that we can go off is the numbers reported by states that set up their own exchanges. The HHS has not yet released their numbers on the other federal exchanges. But the state exchanges have reported higher rates.

EVERY agency fluffs their numbers to look reasonable so that it can get passed. then when the spending goes exponential they just deal with it last minute. word to SSI and medicare.

Any sources on this?

da bull **** website that still doesn't work now cost triple it was supposed to cost.
laugh.gif
So the website cost 3x more, but you frame it like the entire program does
laugh.gif
you sure have a SHALLOW grasp at abstract thought....i said da website now cost triple, what makes you think da actual bloated bill is now

cost less?
mean.gif
deductibles alone are now gonna sky rocket...that liberal spin cycle you in is vicious...

NPR has even projected higher costs...you sounding like MSNBC's mascot b.

EVERY agency fluffs their numbers to look reasonable so that it can get passed. then when the spending goes exponential they just deal with it last minute. word to SSI and medicare.

I don't know where you stand on this whole debacle but sounds like you are trying to defend lying to the American people for political gain by brushing it under the rug because "everyone does". That's definitely the "Change" we all wanted.

Any sources on this?

da bull **** website that still doesn't work now cost triple it was supposed to cost. :lol:

So the website cost 3x more, but you frame it like the entire program does :lol:

you sure have a SHALLOW grasp at abstract thought....i said da website now cost triple, what makes you think da actual bloated bill is now

cost less? :smh: deductibles alone are now gonna sky rocket...that liberal spin cycle you in is vicious...

Brah all I did was point out that someone was asking for you to back up the claim you posted in the very first comment. Your first comment mentions nothing about the website. :lol:

There you go champ, that's the spirit.  That's what I like to hear :wink: .  Next up is ninjahood.  

This **** right here is the reason this country is falling behind every other developed nation. People are find wallowing in ignorance because the truth is to painful to grasp. Yes this is just a sneaker forum but real information gets posted here. That's why I've been here for 8 years. But how are you supposed to grow when you use personal attacks to undermine the credibility of someone even though they're information is 100% valid. Fight facts with facts not laughing emoticons and personal attacks.

It's real out here and knowledge is power. An there's no one else to.blame if you remain unarmed.

Brah all I did was point out that someone was asking for you to back up the claim you posted in the very first comment. Your first comment mentions nothing about the website. :lol:

Who do you think funds the Obamacare site? We do. We were given an original dollar amount, and that number was not truthful. Because of that Obamacare will cost more. You guys need to stop making abstract arguments and attack the facts.

Last edited:
Fight facts with facts...now repeat that to yourself...
grin.gif

How so when the political landscape is skewed as it is? One party fighting the other, both sides unanimously agreeing with each other when under duress, e.g., this manufactured crisis.

Politics as usual. 

Any sources on this?

laugh.gif

So the website cost 3x more, but you frame it like the entire program does
laugh.gif

cost less?
mean.gif
deductibles alone are now gonna sky rocket...that liberal spin cycle you in is vicious...

Brah all I did was point out that someone was asking for you to back up the claim you posted in the very first comment. Your first comment mentions nothing about the website.
laugh.gif
its IMPLIED

jesus christ....

its like you go to a sneaker shop filled with da hottest jordans from 5 years ago in every size in da middle of manhattan...you KNOW they're not

charging retail...jeez..

how can any of ya approve of a program that was a sham in terms of its benefits being passed and think its gucci just cuz obama da president?

**** is da worst kinda **** riding...reminds me of kanye, drake or asap doing FLAGRANT ****, but because its them their fans look da other way...

nah b...i hold people at their merits.

Sometimes I think the dudes that argue in these types of threads, just google a counterclaim on what their opponent said.... I honestly can't imagine some of you dudes having a clue about these types of subjects. Let alone making no sense a quarter of the time.

Fight facts with facts...now repeat that to yourself...>D

How so when the political landscape is skewed as it is? One party fighting the other, both sides unanimously agreeing with each other when under duress, e.g., this manufactured crisis.

Politics as usual. 

Yes fight facts with facts. If I want a war to end I might cite the death toll as a reason. If my opponent believed the war was just he might discuss how that death is part of war and possibly bring up the fact that this particular war has far less death than all other wars.

They have just fought a fact with a fact.

An my initial premise was just hypothetical.

Last edited:
Anyone remember how much the Iraq war was originally 'projected' to cost when we were lied to kill for resources/corporations? Which is still going on BTW.
Government is always overpaying for everything, but again what was the alternative to ACA? The 'other side' had nothing, ACA isn't the best and it has flaws no question, but it's still a step in better direction than the alternative.

Where are the links to states reporting 'higher rates'?

Back
Top Bottom