Graffiti tagger sentenced to 8 years in prison - no chance of parole - Corpus Christi

Clearly a generation gap... its spray paint ya'll.

They just hate skaters and all that counter-culture mess. 8 YEARS for spray-paint? I'd have made him on super strict probation and no more than 6 months max/HEFTY fine. 

So rather than making hims say, do 1000 hours of cleaning up graffiti , Texans are gonna pay for his meals and housing in prison?

Wow, I guess I got lucky. Got caught for the same crime, will never do it again. I receieved 6 months probation with community service and counseling.

Wow, I guess I got lucky. Got caught for the same crime, will never do it again. I receieved 6 months probation with community service and counseling.

eh maybe i see things differently but 8 year of someones life or even 2 years of someones life over graffiti is just od.

what was tagged can be fixed and replaced you can't get those years of your life back. i just don't see anything good coming over taking years away from someones life over material replacable stuff.

you make this kid pay restitution out the @$% for what he damaged, fine him, give him a ton of commununity service doing something like graffiti cleanup, and give him probation which is pretty much jail minus the bars.

good ol backwards texas though, im suprised they didn't give him the death penalty while they were at it.

eh maybe i see things differently but 8 year of someones life or even 2 years of someones life over graffiti is just od.

what was tagged can be fixed and replaced you can't get those years of your life back. i just don't see anything good coming over taking years away from someones life over material replacable stuff.

you make this kid pay restitution out the @$% for what he damaged, fine him, give him a ton of commununity service doing something like graffiti cleanup, and give him probation which is pretty much jail minus the bars.

good ol backwards texas though, im suprised they didn't give him the death penalty while they were at it.

Dudes in Dallas got charged with 100k worth of city damage and never saw more then 5 yrs. THis just blew my mind.

Dudes in Dallas got charged with 100k worth of city damage and never saw more then 5 yrs. THis just blew my mind.

Originally Posted by sam206

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Originally Posted by eNPHAN

*waits for the "he broke the law" posts*

he did break the law, the punishment is OD tho. I hope the judge is bluffing and just doing this to teach him a lesson. Punishment doesn't fit the crime.

everyone on NT loves to say "but he broke the law" to justify some BS happening in the courts...

like the mother who got 2  felonies on her record and jail time....

all you heard was "but she broke the law, i dont see anything wrong here"

when state representatives in the state house (i know like 8 chicks who work there) first found out about it, they ALL ignored it

same mindset "she broke the law, oh well"

it wasnt until people spoke in outrage in the media, that the state reps got off their !+%%@, and put pressure on the courts...

and she got out early.

laugh.gif

NT loves to be opposite.

i point my finger and say "THATS WRONG"

they say "no, she broke the law" and justify some outrageous situation

then it comes out that the entire planet agrees it was wrong.

i know this kid broke the law, but ANY jailtime for SPRAYPAINTING A WALL is ridiculous.....

garnish his wages, make him do community service for 8 years, fine...

jailtime, tho?

like i said, im waiting for the "but he broke the law" posts....

I can honestly say I wouldn't want anyone spray painting my business. Like the judge said, go spray paint your mother or gfs house. If they want to make an example out of him, which is what I think their intentions are 8 years is a bit much. I'm not surprised she reduced the sentence, no one would have let that fly.
What anton said.
eNPHAN your post are so dumb.

All you do is try to act like you are smarter than everybody, but in reality you're not.

sound the alarm because shot have been fired
yea..and uh.. he's a big poopy head too so yeah

honk the horn because shot have been fired

Originally Posted by sam206

*waits for the "he broke the law" posts*

he did break the law, the punishment is OD tho. I hope the judge is bluffing and just doing this to teach him a lesson. Punishment doesn't fit the crime.

everyone on NT loves to say "but he broke the law" to justify some BS happening in the courts...

like the mother who got 2  felonies on her record and jail time....

all you heard was "but she broke the law, i dont see anything wrong here"

when state representatives in the state house (i know like 8 chicks who work there) first found out about it, they ALL ignored it

same mindset "she broke the law, oh well"

it wasnt until people spoke in outrage in the media, that the state reps got off their !+%%@, and put pressure on the courts...

and she got out early.

laugh.gif

NT loves to be opposite.

i point my finger and say "THATS WRONG"

they say "no, she broke the law" and justify some outrageous situation

then it comes out that the entire planet agrees it was wrong.

i know this kid broke the law, but ANY jailtime for SPRAYPAINTING A WALL is ridiculous.....

garnish his wages, make him do community service for 8 years, fine...

jailtime, tho?

like i said, im waiting for the "but he broke the law" posts....

I can honestly say I wouldn't want anyone spray painting my business. Like the judge said, go spray paint your mother or gfs house. If they want to make an example out of him, which is what I think their intentions are 8 years is a bit much. I'm not surprised she reduced the sentence, no one would have let that fly.
What anton said.
eNPHAN your post are so dumb.

All you do is try to act like you are smarter than everybody, but in reality you're not.

sound the alarm because shot have been fired
yea..and uh.. he's a big poopy head too so yeah

honk the horn because shot have been fired

Is 8 years excessive? Yes. But this is easily avoidable. Dont spray paint property that isnt yours and there wont be any issues...

Is 8 years excessive? Yes. But this is easily avoidable. Dont spray paint property that isnt yours and there wont be any issues...

It's all good until someone tags your @%$% up. As soon as it happens to you we will get a "Some Scumbag Tagged My Garage Vol: I Want Him Dead." posts. This grown $$% man committed felonies, consecutive sentencing was unconstitutional and was therefore reduced. In the end, he got what he deserved.

It's all good until someone tags your @%$% up. As soon as it happens to you we will get a "Some Scumbag Tagged My Garage Vol: I Want Him Dead." posts. This grown $$% man committed felonies, consecutive sentencing was unconstitutional and was therefore reduced. In the end, he got what he deserved.

LLCoolMichael wrote:

2 years is fair, IMO.

I agree, it should be still be a deterrent to anyone who wants to try that $$%#

Even that's awfully stiff punishment for paint.

You really want to hurt someone? Let them keep their freedom, but force them to pay for the re-painting/damaging of the property...with interest.

They'll be in debt for years. I'm not a huge fan of the prison system, especially for nonviolent...victimless crimes. But this will hurt those pockets.

LLCoolMichael wrote:

2 years is fair, IMO.

I agree, it should be still be a deterrent to anyone who wants to try that $$%#

Even that's awfully stiff punishment for paint.

You really want to hurt someone? Let them keep their freedom, but force them to pay for the re-painting/damaging of the property...with interest.

They'll be in debt for years. I'm not a huge fan of the prison system, especially for nonviolent...victimless crimes. But this will hurt those pockets.

Originally Posted by CriminalMinded

Originally Posted by StreetPharmacist

i enjoyed watching that punk cry and whine.

everything the judge said was true, sebastian you @+$+#*+ idiot.

i don't see how someone can get joy out of watching someone lose 8 years of their life over a crime that doesn't justify a punishment like that. thats just wrong and cruel.  jail is a %*+% hole and i couldn't imagine spening 8 years of my life in there over something petty like grafitti.

at the end of the day the US injustice system is flawed.  money talks   ++!%!@@* walks the marathon.   have some money and you can do whatever you want.  hell even pedos and murderes have gotten off if their moneys right but dude got 8 years over some tagging,  hell even 2 years is far to much over tagging.

no one was hurt, no lifes were put in danger, no one was killed, and no one was swindled out of a huge amount of money. 

dude needs to be punished of course but a life being taken away for 2 years over something petty like this is most likely only going to make this person even more mad at society and the system and possibly commit even worse crimes when he gets out because after doing time like that it's just going to make him worse rather then improve him, whereas making him do a crazy amount of community service cleaning up graffiti and paying restitution for the damage he caused teaches responsibility for your actions in a situation like that.   if he doesn't pay the restitution or do the communnity service when given the chance to make right then lock him up, but to pretty much destroy an 18 year olds life over grafitti is just foul and shows you how the injustice sysyem is a joke if your a regular average joe.

Originally Posted by CriminalMinded

Originally Posted by StreetPharmacist

i enjoyed watching that punk cry and whine.

everything the judge said was true, sebastian you @+$+#*+ idiot.

i don't see how someone can get joy out of watching someone lose 8 years of their life over a crime that doesn't justify a punishment like that. thats just wrong and cruel.  jail is a %*+% hole and i couldn't imagine spening 8 years of my life in there over something petty like grafitti.

at the end of the day the US injustice system is flawed.  money talks   ++!%!@@* walks the marathon.   have some money and you can do whatever you want.  hell even pedos and murderes have gotten off if their moneys right but dude got 8 years over some tagging,  hell even 2 years is far to much over tagging.

no one was hurt, no lifes were put in danger, no one was killed, and no one was swindled out of a huge amount of money. 

dude needs to be punished of course but a life being taken away for 2 years over something petty like this is most likely only going to make this person even more mad at society and the system and possibly commit even worse crimes when he gets out because after doing time like that it's just going to make him worse rather then improve him, whereas making him do a crazy amount of community service cleaning up graffiti and paying restitution for the damage he caused teaches responsibility for your actions in a situation like that.   if he doesn't pay the restitution or do the communnity service when given the chance to make right then lock him up, but to pretty much destroy an 18 year olds life over grafitti is just foul and shows you how the injustice sysyem is a joke if your a regular average joe.

Back
Top Bottom