GREY MARKET DISCUSSION THREAD VOL. 2!!! (LET'S KEEP THE DISCUSSION MATURE) RULES ON PG 1 PLEASE READ

new fakes, dont have the V's so cant tell if they are accurate but :smh:

TB2ro.MaFXXXXaCXXXXXXXXXXXX_!!863228898.jpg

TB2AgtSaVXXXXcRXXXXXXXXXXXX_!!863228898.jpg

As good as these look, you can easily spot the flaws with a trained eye.

These Vs appear almost identical to the shape of the newer retros. The side panel (clear netting) is spaced pretty far apart from the midsole as opposed to the 07-08 retros which are closer the midsole. The red teeth on the flames show a linear pattern

The foams appear too metallic.

If shoes are factory laced on the outsides, automatic fakes.

Guys, have you ever called someone out on wearing some GM's? And have you ever been accused of wearing GM's while wearing legit pairs? I typed in the hashtag #TeamEarly on Instagram and saw so many replicas lol...I guess the "remastered" retros are supposed to combat GM's but we'll see.

dont think thats the OG dude. i know his account got hacked or something but never knew his new one.

he would def have more than 230 followers.

I re-followed him like 1/2 weeks ago when I couldn't find the other one.

Same pics, same headline as te old one.
Pretty sure it's the legit page

@realfakekicksbuster is his name but he hasn't posted in like 6 weeks so I don't know what happened to him, maybe GM illuminati got him lol

Thats exactly what he means, I believe standard lacing is under and
as seen above with the GM V's an foams, they are laced over instead of under

As good as these look, you can easily spot the flaws with a trained eye.

These Vs appear almost identical to the shape of the newer retros. The side panel (clear netting) is spaced pretty far apart from the midsole as opposed to the 07-08 retros which are closer the midsole. The red teeth on the flames show a linear pattern

The foams appear too metallic.

If shoes are factory laced on the outsides, automatic fakes.
Dude that's genius. I've always considered myself good at spotting fakes but have been looking for a first glance tell all and the opposite lace factory lace is perfect. I've never paid attention to that detail but that's fantastic
Agreed. Nice tip @2pacalypseNOW  

Last edited by a moderator:
The lace thing doesn't hold much credence because anyone can change that easily. Also, lots of people lace over/under instead of under/over to make the shoes look more appealing in photos. I re-lace all of my shoes over/under because I think it looks much better that way.

Classic example of what I've been saying for a long time. Materials LOOK the same but they aren't, and they feel and perform differently under stress. There's no reason why two dead stock shoes supposedly made out of the "same" materials should be softer or stiffer than one another if neither has been used. Keep In mind that these factories are the same factories making the sponge bob dub zeros and all of the usual replicas that you see. They have access to hundreds of thousands of textiles and materials just like Nike does. The thing is these factories have absolutely zero regulations to follow or standards to meet, better believe they cut corners every where they can. That's why the patent leather is thinner where it shouldn't be and soft where it should be thick.

Classic example of what I've been saying for a long time. Materials LOOK the same but they aren't, and they feel and perform differently under stress. There's no reason why two dead stock shoes supposedly made out of the "same" materials should be softer or stiffer than one another if neither has been used. Keep In mind that these factories are the same factories making the sponge bob dub zeros and all of the usual replicas that you see. They have access to hundreds of thousands of textiles and materials just like Nike does. The thing is these factories have absolutely zero regulations to follow or standards to meet, better believe they cut corners every where they can. That's why the patent leather is thinner where it shouldn't be and soft where it should be thick.
new batch is indistinguishable. 

Nike needs to implement a safeguard but I'm sure that can too can be replicated.

Nike needs to implement a safeguard but I'm sure that can too can be replicated.

Indistinguishable until they fall apart on your feet.

They may look indistinguishable at first glance but if they keep using "comparable" materials instead of the same materials they'll never hold up the same as authentics do.

Lots of legitimate aftermarket stores are including a barcode/keywire that athenticates the product...

nike should do that as well. XII hangtag with a authorized guarenteed sticker product #

Lots of legitimate aftermarket stores are including a barcode/keywire that athenticates the product...

nike should do that as well. XII hangtag with a authorized guarenteed sticker product #

What's going to stop them from printing out a bunch replicated stickers?

Nike gonna have to the **** they used to do with baseball cards and pokemon or the new $100 bill

it gonna show something when u movin it

These fakes are a secondary market problem. Nikes isn't going to do anything about it until it starts hurting their profitability. And like I said nothing is going to stop them from just replicating it.

Last edited:
Let's be honest here. There's a reason Jordan retros get faked the most. The retail quality is garbage to begin with. With that said, the fakes are even worse. Can't believe the debate is still going on

Let's be honest here. There's a reason Jordan retros get faked the most. The retail quality is garbage to begin with. With that said, the fakes are even worse. Can't believe the debate is still going on
I'm saying. Ole boy preaching like people wear Jordans for performance. Only a small percent of consumers even know what a GM is.

I'm saying. Ole boy preaching like people wear Jordans for performance. Only a small percent of consumers even know what a GM is.

Yup, and half the people buy fakes just because they missed out. To make them feel better they call it GM and call it a day.

Do you think they really care about durability? Half the time they take pics for IG then sell them and repeat the process

Jordan brand even knows their shoes are garbage. Why do you think there's a new "better quality" line? :lol: they should of had good quality to begin with.

Jordan retros are the H&M of shoes

Last edited:

Performance doesn't just mean on court. It means regular wear and tear that comes with regular use. I know better than to "preach" about the performance of Retros on court especially considering the technology in a lot of those shoes is 15+ years old.

Last edited:
Performance doesn't just mean on court. It means regular wear and tear that comes with regular use. I know better than to "preach" about the performance of Retros on court especially considering the technology in a lot of those shoes is 15+ years old.
I've yet to hear anyone complain about casual wear on GMs.

There's 100% legit people out there who buy both to test and it's par for course.

I let them boys cook as long as long as they aint fronting for the fame.

I've yet to hear anyone complain about casual wear on GMs.

There's 100% legit people out there who buy both to test and it's par for course.

I let them boys cook as long as long as they aint fronting for the fame.
My GM Toro 4s are terrible on feet. My feet hurt like hell after a few hours, it's really bad. Compared to my authentic 4s I can wear them for hours and I'm pretty comfy

My GM Toro 4s are terrible on feet. My feet hurt like hell after a few hours, it's really bad. Compared to my authentic 4s I can wear them for hours and I'm pretty comfy
All my authentic 4s kill my feet...all my new retros actually 
laugh.gif

I have wide feet so my pinky dies a lil every time I wear them for more than a few hours.

All my authentic 4s kill my feet...all my new retros actually :lol:

I have wide feet so my pinky dies a lil every time I wear them for more than a few hours.

I agree 100% Since the CDPs 4s have been total trash on the foot. I would even say it goes back to the design change for the 04 Cool Greys and Classic Greens. I needed to put Zoom insoles in them to make them bearable.

"Retail, Reps and GMs are all made under the same umbrella. Slave labor"

I hear this is what they have in common.

Back
Top Bottom