Guitar Heads!!!

Fender and Ibanez make REALLY POOR acoustics especially in the lower price range. The absolutely best beginner guitar is the Yamaha FG700S which is $200. The build and sound quality are unparalleled at this price range, and Yamaha is a very reliable brand. You don't want something crappy because it will sound terrible and discourage you from wanting to play it.

Fender and Ibanez make REALLY POOR acoustics especially in the lower price range. The absolutely best beginner guitar is the Yamaha FG700S which is $200. The build and sound quality are unparalleled at this price range, and Yamaha is a very reliable brand. You don't want something crappy because it will sound terrible and discourage you from wanting to play it.

Get a EC1000
happy.gif

to you guys do play, what equipment are you rockin? pics of your set up? give OP some motivation lol.

i tried starting that kinda thread in the music forum, but it had nothing to do with hip hop so no one cared.

to you guys do play, what equipment are you rockin? pics of your set up? give OP some motivation lol.

i tried starting that kinda thread in the music forum, but it had nothing to do with hip hop so no one cared.

Originally Posted by Crank Lucas

Is the music you want to play strictly acoustic? Because if you can afford it go electric man, acoustic might bore you and you may quit halfway

I would like to learn acoustic, electric, and bass to be honest.

Originally Posted by Crank Lucas

Is the music you want to play strictly acoustic? Because if you can afford it go electric man, acoustic might bore you and you may quit halfway

I would like to learn acoustic, electric, and bass to be honest.

Its easier to transition from playing acoustic to playing electric than the other way around. I don't know about bass playing though.

Its easier to transition from playing acoustic to playing electric than the other way around. I don't know about bass playing though.

Originally Posted by FullMetal

This.

and now that i think of it, you should just go yamaha. i gave you a few links but i did mention yamahas are the better guitars for their price range.

At the moment i have a few guitars but the primary ones

Acoustic: Takamine, some type of G series that retails about 800 now. (acoustic electric) ( i really want a martin or taylor but the prices
tired.gif
)

Electric: Fender strat, but i want an american made one or a telecaster. But i have no issues with mine. I love it, i doubt ill buy another anytime soon.

POD xt Live pedal, im thinking of switching into single pedals,

anyone know any good Loop pedals? ive tried the Boss RC 20 or whatevers, they are good i just want the opinions of others that have more experiences with them
nerd.gif

This.

and now that i think of it, you should just go yamaha. i gave you a few links but i did mention yamahas are the better guitars for their price range.

At the moment i have a few guitars but the primary ones

Acoustic: Takamine, some type of G series that retails about 800 now. (acoustic electric) ( i really want a martin or taylor but the prices
tired.gif
)

Electric: Fender strat, but i want an american made one or a telecaster. But i have no issues with mine. I love it, i doubt ill buy another anytime soon.

POD xt Live pedal, im thinking of switching into single pedals,

anyone know any good Loop pedals? ive tried the Boss RC 20 or whatevers, they are good i just want the opinions of others that have more experiences with them
nerd.gif

yea acoustic strings will put a beating on your fingers dude, it'll build them up strong by the time you switch to electric it's like shooting into a 30inch hoop
laugh.gif

yea acoustic strings will put a beating on your fingers dude, it'll build them up strong by the time you switch to electric it's like shooting into a 30inch hoop
laugh.gif

+1  i've heard nothing but good things about the FG700S's.  for $200, it's an incredible value.  this is a quality acoustic with a solid top, unlike most other $200 guitars with laminate tops.
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Yamaha-FG700S-Folk-Acoustic-Guitar?sku=518274

im a noob with a tex mex fat strat, with 15w line6 spider.  this is probably the most typical beginner electric setup.  very versatile, but not as cheap as the $200 yamaha.  if i were you, i'd sit down and list out the songs you immediately want to learn, and see whether it's exclusively acoustic, or a mix of elec and acoustic.  at this point, you're gonna want to find music you truly WANT to play, otherwise you'll just be buying a cool dust collector that your friends will periodically pick up when they drop by 
tongue.gif

+1  i've heard nothing but good things about the FG700S's.  for $200, it's an incredible value.  this is a quality acoustic with a solid top, unlike most other $200 guitars with laminate tops.
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Yamaha-FG700S-Folk-Acoustic-Guitar?sku=518274

im a noob with a tex mex fat strat, with 15w line6 spider.  this is probably the most typical beginner electric setup.  very versatile, but not as cheap as the $200 yamaha.  if i were you, i'd sit down and list out the songs you immediately want to learn, and see whether it's exclusively acoustic, or a mix of elec and acoustic.  at this point, you're gonna want to find music you truly WANT to play, otherwise you'll just be buying a cool dust collector that your friends will periodically pick up when they drop by 
tongue.gif

Oh and NEVER buy a guitar online, go to your local guitar center or shop and pick one from there.

I made a mistake in buying a telecaster from Sam Ash and it's bridge isn't straight and it's tuning heads aren't in line. I did a show with that guitar and I swear, after every song, it went out of tune
30t6p3b.gif
never again.

Oh and NEVER buy a guitar online, go to your local guitar center or shop and pick one from there.

I made a mistake in buying a telecaster from Sam Ash and it's bridge isn't straight and it's tuning heads aren't in line. I did a show with that guitar and I swear, after every song, it went out of tune
30t6p3b.gif
never again.

All the info is appreciated, can someone post a setup of what they have so I can have ideas what to look for?

All the info is appreciated, can someone post a setup of what they have so I can have ideas what to look for?

Originally Posted by Ruff C

I got a 1990 Squire Strat and a Peavey Vyper 15
laugh.gif

A squire is just a cheap fender but hey, it gets the job done for me.
Vyper's are awesome just for the fact that they have so many effects already on it.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Ruff C

I got a 1990 Squire Strat and a Peavey Vyper 15
laugh.gif

A squire is just a cheap fender but hey, it gets the job done for me.
Vyper's are awesome just for the fact that they have so many effects already on it.
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom