Guitar Heads!!!

Originally Posted by Ruff C

All the info is appreciated, can someone post a setup of what they have so I can have ideas what to look for?

ESP LTD EC1000: my pride and joy. not even that expensive. loved it as soon as i picked it up. i was always a big Metallica fan so that influenced me in getting an ESP.

ec-1000_sw.jpg

n1148179931_30083341_9033.jpg

my other guitar is an Ibanez RG350X w/ a Seymour Duncan Dimebucker pickup. so heavy but i hate the Floyd Rose bridge on it now.

6660_1096331205666_1148179931_30230832_893849_n.jpg

my amp is kinda
eyes.gif
. a Peavey Valveking head which died on me a few months after i got it (still havent fixed it over 2 years later) and a Peavey 5150 insulated 4x12 cab. all Boss footswiches and pedal board. i hate the sound of digital effects.

hope some of this helps.

Originally Posted by Ruff C

All the info is appreciated, can someone post a setup of what they have so I can have ideas what to look for?

ESP LTD EC1000: my pride and joy. not even that expensive. loved it as soon as i picked it up. i was always a big Metallica fan so that influenced me in getting an ESP.

ec-1000_sw.jpg

n1148179931_30083341_9033.jpg

my other guitar is an Ibanez RG350X w/ a Seymour Duncan Dimebucker pickup. so heavy but i hate the Floyd Rose bridge on it now.

6660_1096331205666_1148179931_30230832_893849_n.jpg

my amp is kinda
eyes.gif
. a Peavey Valveking head which died on me a few months after i got it (still havent fixed it over 2 years later) and a Peavey 5150 insulated 4x12 cab. all Boss footswiches and pedal board. i hate the sound of digital effects.

hope some of this helps.

Didn't mean to bump an old thread...

but can someone help me out with a decent electronic tuner? I can't tune by ear yet..and it's getting frustrating not knowing whether or not my guitar is in tune.

I have a cheap electric tuner..but I don't think it works cause it reads different notes in a matter of seconds. I'd tune the 6th string..and by the time im done tuning the last string, the 6th string would read a totally different note.

Didn't mean to bump an old thread...

but can someone help me out with a decent electronic tuner? I can't tune by ear yet..and it's getting frustrating not knowing whether or not my guitar is in tune.

I have a cheap electric tuner..but I don't think it works cause it reads different notes in a matter of seconds. I'd tune the 6th string..and by the time im done tuning the last string, the 6th string would read a totally different note.

Hey GuitarFetish makes a great tuner pedal for around $40. Supposedly it uses a similar chip to Korg's Pitchblack, which is
probably the best tuner pedal out there. The industry standard right now is a Boss TU-2 or TU-3, but those can cost anywhere

from $60-100 bucks. I've bought a lot of stuff from GuitarFetish and they are good peoples and their products are amazing.

Anyhows my current set-up is as follows:

Epiphone Les Paul Elitist (Made in Japan w/ Gibson Style Headstock)

GFS Greenie Classic

MXR Classic Overdrive 

Guitar Rig 4 Pro w/ Rig Kontrol 3

Peavey XXX Head w/ Hartke 412 Cabinet

Taylor 814CE

Hey GuitarFetish makes a great tuner pedal for around $40. Supposedly it uses a similar chip to Korg's Pitchblack, which is
probably the best tuner pedal out there. The industry standard right now is a Boss TU-2 or TU-3, but those can cost anywhere

from $60-100 bucks. I've bought a lot of stuff from GuitarFetish and they are good peoples and their products are amazing.

Anyhows my current set-up is as follows:

Epiphone Les Paul Elitist (Made in Japan w/ Gibson Style Headstock)

GFS Greenie Classic

MXR Classic Overdrive 

Guitar Rig 4 Pro w/ Rig Kontrol 3

Peavey XXX Head w/ Hartke 412 Cabinet

Taylor 814CE

I just started learning how to play the guitar. I bought a Johnson acoustic guitar for 120 at a local guitar shop. I had my friend who has been playing the guitar all of his life go with me and he said the guitar is legit. I will post pics when I get a chance.

Good luck OP!

I just started learning how to play the guitar. I bought a Johnson acoustic guitar for 120 at a local guitar shop. I had my friend who has been playing the guitar all of his life go with me and he said the guitar is legit. I will post pics when I get a chance.

Good luck OP!

I made a thread like this a few months back.

Some people in here have suggested picking up budget/beginner guitars and amps but I'd caution against that. The sound sucks and with the low pricing, you're more inclined to give up if you hit a road block while learning. I say find a reasonably priced guitar you actually really like and go with that. As for amps, I'd suggest getting a tube amp.

I'm a huge fan of shoegaze and a lot of bands happened to use the Fender Jaguar. I did a lot of scouring on Craigslist and I was able to find a mint Fender Jaguar HH for about $600. Pricey for a first guitar but it was within my budget and I absolutely love it. As for an amp, I did a lot of research on smaller 10" tube amps and I decided to go with the Vox AC4TV. I checked it out in person first before I decided I wanted it and I bought it on eBay from some store that had it at a huge discount. I was able to get it for about $160 or so.

Good luck

I made a thread like this a few months back.

Some people in here have suggested picking up budget/beginner guitars and amps but I'd caution against that. The sound sucks and with the low pricing, you're more inclined to give up if you hit a road block while learning. I say find a reasonably priced guitar you actually really like and go with that. As for amps, I'd suggest getting a tube amp.

I'm a huge fan of shoegaze and a lot of bands happened to use the Fender Jaguar. I did a lot of scouring on Craigslist and I was able to find a mint Fender Jaguar HH for about $600. Pricey for a first guitar but it was within my budget and I absolutely love it. As for an amp, I did a lot of research on smaller 10" tube amps and I decided to go with the Vox AC4TV. I checked it out in person first before I decided I wanted it and I bought it on eBay from some store that had it at a huge discount. I was able to get it for about $160 or so.

Good luck

been a while since pic was taken but this is  still my current set up.

Amp: Crate (use for home only, gigs and others i use bigger sets)

Electric guitar: Fender Strat (standard)

Acoustic: Takamine (acoustic/electric) G-Series with all the perks (tuner, eq, bypass etc) and a mexican one that is not in the picture

Pedal: Line 6 POD XT Live

i want to move on to single pedals eventually when i get around to it but im happy with what i have, maybe add another guitar later this year

been a while since pic was taken but this is  still my current set up.

Amp: Crate (use for home only, gigs and others i use bigger sets)

Electric guitar: Fender Strat (standard)

Acoustic: Takamine (acoustic/electric) G-Series with all the perks (tuner, eq, bypass etc) and a mexican one that is not in the picture

i want to move on to single pedals eventually when i get around to it but im happy with what i have, maybe add another guitar later this year

i want to get into electrical

i dont care for brands. just want one with soft strings and an amp to jam to

any suggestions? looking at around 200 - 250$ total. is it possible?

i want to get into electrical

i dont care for brands. just want one with soft strings and an amp to jam to

any suggestions? looking at around 200 - 250$ total. is it possible?

Originally Posted by Adrian1221

How is it?
I've been hesitating on picking it up just for the fact that I don't know anyone who owns one, just my friends lead guitarist.

I've been looking at some newer guitars, I still have my 90's Squier but I ended up buying a new strat last year, I decided I'm gonna buy an ESP, really want the KH-2 but they never let me try it at guitar center

Originally Posted by Adrian1221

How is it?
I've been hesitating on picking it up just for the fact that I don't know anyone who owns one, just my friends lead guitarist.

I've been looking at some newer guitars, I still have my 90's Squier but I ended up buying a new strat last year, I decided I'm gonna buy an ESP, really want the KH-2 but they never let me try it at guitar center

Back
Top Bottom