Guitar Heads!!!

Sup guys,

I just thought i'd resurrect a thread from the past rather than start a new one.

Like many people had suggested, I picked up a Peavey VYPYR modeling amp. I'm a beginner in the guitar world..but the damn thing is too complicated for me. Thinking about switching to a Roland Micro Cube. Anybody ever use that before? Thanks.

FWIW, i'm using an Epiphone LP-100. Heard that its a great guitar to start in.

^I actually own a micro cube and it's ok. But from what I heard from listening to sound clips (and youtube vids) of the vypyr, it sounds WAY better than my cube does. I kinda wish I waited a while and picked that up instead of the cube.
ohwell.gif

^I actually own a micro cube and it's ok. But from what I heard from listening to sound clips (and youtube vids) of the vypyr, it sounds WAY better than my cube does. I kinda wish I waited a while and picked that up instead of the cube.
ohwell.gif

^ thanks.

yeah man, the vypyr sounds amazing from sound clips and youtube videos..but there's way too much settings and what not for a beginner. I'm definitely not getting the sound that I want..and i'm too n00b to figure out how to mess with parameters, gains, and other stuff.

^ thanks.

yeah man, the vypyr sounds amazing from sound clips and youtube videos..but there's way too much settings and what not for a beginner. I'm definitely not getting the sound that I want..and i'm too n00b to figure out how to mess with parameters, gains, and other stuff.

The Roland Micro Cubes are wonderful little practice amps. Roland has always made their money on being
able to bring the consumer famous tones at friendly prices. Depending on what kind of genre of music you 

want to play I would suggest to consider other avenues. If you want something simple that sounds great and is

cost effective then I would definitely suggest trying to find a Used Epiphone Valve Junior or Bugera. They are

tube amps with simple controls and will get you a much better sound compared to the solid state amps in its class. 

BTW its nice to have a guitar thread on NT. 
pimp.gif

The Roland Micro Cubes are wonderful little practice amps. Roland has always made their money on being
able to bring the consumer famous tones at friendly prices. Depending on what kind of genre of music you 

want to play I would suggest to consider other avenues. If you want something simple that sounds great and is

cost effective then I would definitely suggest trying to find a Used Epiphone Valve Junior or Bugera. They are

tube amps with simple controls and will get you a much better sound compared to the solid state amps in its class. 

BTW its nice to have a guitar thread on NT. 
pimp.gif

^ I can see how you may be overwhelmed by all the controls, but just spend some time messing around with different settings and after a while you'll get an ear for what exactly each one does. Likewise, you could browse around the ultimate guitar forums and get more info there.

^ I can see how you may be overwhelmed by all the controls, but just spend some time messing around with different settings and after a while you'll get an ear for what exactly each one does. Likewise, you could browse around the ultimate guitar forums and get more info there.

Originally Posted by Adrian1221

gave it a try a few months ago. ya'll should start posting some vids if you play too!
I don't have a cam but I've been playing a lot of reggae lately, got bored of metal, I tried jazz for like a month and couldn't get it down so stopped trying 
laugh.gif

Nice though dude!

Originally Posted by Adrian1221

gave it a try a few months ago. ya'll should start posting some vids if you play too!
I don't have a cam but I've been playing a lot of reggae lately, got bored of metal, I tried jazz for like a month and couldn't get it down so stopped trying 
laugh.gif

Nice though dude!

i bought new equipment

the pedal on the left is a Line 6 DL4 delay pedal and ive had the POD xt live.

scaled.php

i have a boss rx 20xl looper coming soon this week
happy.gif

and i also bought the adrenalinnn iii

amazing machine

i bought new equipment

the pedal on the left is a Line 6 DL4 delay pedal and ive had the POD xt live.

scaled.php

i have a boss rx 20xl looper coming soon this week
happy.gif

and i also bought the adrenalinnn iii

amazing machine

Back
Top Bottom