Guitar Heads!!!

Originally Posted by ErickM713

Originally Posted by Adrian1221

Pedal: Line 6 POD XT Live
How is it?
I've been hesitating on picking it up just for the fact that I don't know anyone who owns one, just my friends lead guitarist.

I've been looking at some newer guitars, I still have my 90's Squier but I ended up buying a new strat last year, I decided I'm gonna buy an ESP, really want the KH-2 but they never let me try it at guitar center

that one does its job fine, the newer Line 6 multi effects that came out is nicer with its effects but doesnt have the volume/wah pedal which i constantly use. you can always get it separate, though. but i enjoy it, great for lead guitar, and you can always go to the line 6 website and download more songs into the 40 empty banks that you can fill in. you can find a BUNCH of useless effects though that could keep you entertained for hours 
laugh.gif
 ive managed to use all 80 presets already, but i stick with 4 main effects which is why im contemplating my switch to single pedals
so if you like to play like bands such as Incubus, great pedal, if you just want to play blues/jazz which i am growing into more and more, save your money and get single boss effect pedals unless you can get a bargain. 

Mycoldyourdone wrote:
i want to get into electrical

i dont care for brands. just want one with soft strings and an amp to jam to

any suggestions? looking at around 200 - 250$ total. is it possible?

squire/epiphone guitars would be the way to go, but honestly, if you switch to electric you should invest and spend at least 400-700 for a decent one. is that price range including the amp? 
Try to head to a guitar center near you for memorial day and save up till then because the deals are usually good then

How is it?
I've been hesitating on picking it up just for the fact that I don't know anyone who owns one, just my friends lead guitarist.

I've been looking at some newer guitars, I still have my 90's Squier but I ended up buying a new strat last year, I decided I'm gonna buy an ESP, really want the KH-2 but they never let me try it at guitar center

that one does its job fine, the newer Line 6 multi effects that came out is nicer with its effects but doesnt have the volume/wah pedal which i constantly use. you can always get it separate, though. but i enjoy it, great for lead guitar, and you can always go to the line 6 website and download more songs into the 40 empty banks that you can fill in. you can find a BUNCH of useless effects though that could keep you entertained for hours 
laugh.gif
 ive managed to use all 80 presets already, but i stick with 4 main effects which is why im contemplating my switch to single pedals
so if you like to play like bands such as Incubus, great pedal, if you just want to play blues/jazz which i am growing into more and more, save your money and get single boss effect pedals unless you can get a bargain. 

Mycoldyourdone wrote:

squire/epiphone guitars would be the way to go, but honestly, if you switch to electric you should invest and spend at least 400-700 for a decent one. is that price range including the amp? 
Try to head to a guitar center near you for memorial day and save up till then because the deals are usually good then

How is it?

laugh.gif
So I'm thinking I should just go with the X3 
laugh.gif

I only use 3 setting though, Clean, Clean with a Tubescreamer, and heavy crunchy distortion 
pimp.gif

I really don't need the wah pedal since I'm picking up a new Dunlop Wah on Saturday.

I've been playing A LOT of Metallica lately though, I'm 3 songs into Death Magnetic I kinda wanna learn the whole album but at the same time I don't 
ohwell.gif

How is it?

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I only use 3 setting though, Clean, Clean with a Tubescreamer, and heavy crunchy distortion 
pimp.gif

I really don't need the wah pedal since I'm picking up a new Dunlop Wah on Saturday.

I've been playing A LOT of Metallica lately though, I'm 3 songs into Death Magnetic I kinda wanna learn the whole album but at the same time I don't 
ohwell.gif

laugh.gif

pimp.gif

ohwell.gif

Oh dang haha thats good! the X3 would be the way to go then. Much respect if you get the album down 
pimp.gif

ive gotten to the point where if you ask me to learn a song that has a long lead guitar solo (example: bold as love; jimmy hendrix) im probably going to give you 25% of the original solo and 75% improvised on the spot. I got quite tired of tablature and my impatience wouldnt let me learn a metallica album 
laugh.gif

however, every now and then i like to try 
pimp.gif

laugh.gif

pimp.gif

ohwell.gif

Oh dang haha thats good! the X3 would be the way to go then. Much respect if you get the album down 
pimp.gif

ive gotten to the point where if you ask me to learn a song that has a long lead guitar solo (example: bold as love; jimmy hendrix) im probably going to give you 25% of the original solo and 75% improvised on the spot. I got quite tired of tablature and my impatience wouldnt let me learn a metallica album 
laugh.gif

pimp.gif

laugh.gif

pimp.gif

ohwell.gif

pimp.gif

laugh.gif

pimp.gif

Yeah dude solos are a $+++% for me.
So far in the Metallica catalogue  are

One (First 'tallica song I learned)

Master of Puppets (Still trying to get the solo down)

Fade To Black

Jump in the fire

Creeping Death (Can't do the solo, can't sweep pick for *+#!)

That was just your life

The day that never comes

Nothing else matters

The unforgiven 3 (Rhythm only)

That's all I can name right now 
laugh.gif

Here's my strat btw

mail

laugh.gif

pimp.gif

ohwell.gif

pimp.gif

laugh.gif

pimp.gif

Yeah dude solos are a $+++% for me.
So far in the Metallica catalogue  are

One (First 'tallica song I learned)

Master of Puppets (Still trying to get the solo down)

Fade To Black

Jump in the fire

Creeping Death (Can't do the solo, can't sweep pick for *+#!)

That was just your life

The day that never comes

Nothing else matters

The unforgiven 3 (Rhythm only)

That's all I can name right now 
laugh.gif

Here's my strat btw

mail

Mycoldyourdone wrote:

yea all together.  is there differences in amps too?  i was thinking theyd be like 80 bucks tops.
so what is the price range for both of them for a kit that is worth it? forget the 200$ price range.   good quality, sound, lasts long.  i just want to jam, i dont play in a band or anything.

i dont want to go the instrument store and them trying to sell me a crappy package thats on special lol

Mycoldyourdone wrote:

yea all together.  is there differences in amps too?  i was thinking theyd be like 80 bucks tops.
so what is the price range for both of them for a kit that is worth it? forget the 200$ price range.   good quality, sound, lasts long.  i just want to jam, i dont play in a band or anything.

i dont want to go the instrument store and them trying to sell me a crappy package thats on special lol

Originally Posted by Mycoldyourdone

honestly my crate was 100 dollars. Not that bad. I live in some apartments my crate can get louder than i need it too. Get yourself a small amp maybe crate, line 6, marshall, or peavy. nothing to fancy and u just wanna jam? thats the way to go.
as for the guitar what do you want to play? blues/jazz/pop/ rock/ get a mexican fender strat. not that expensive, they start at 400. and u can lowball the sellers sometimes
laugh.gif
 You want to get heavier get an epiphone les paul, they are beautiful and sound great for their price range. If you want to get into a metal realm maybe an ibanez of your choice.

honestly my crate was 100 dollars. Not that bad. I live in some apartments my crate can get louder than i need it too. Get yourself a small amp maybe crate, line 6, marshall, or peavy. nothing to fancy and u just wanna jam? thats the way to go.
as for the guitar what do you want to play? blues/jazz/pop/ rock/ get a mexican fender strat. not that expensive, they start at 400. and u can lowball the sellers sometimes
laugh.gif
 You want to get heavier get an epiphone les paul, they are beautiful and sound great for their price range. If you want to get into a metal realm maybe an ibanez of your choice.

laugh.gif
lol wow...thanks for your input brah.  ill write those brands when i get a chance to go the the shop.  i'll be playing (attempting) blues/jazz/pop/ rock/
you sound hardcore though haha

laugh.gif
lol wow...thanks for your input brah.  ill write those brands when i get a chance to go the the shop.  i'll be playing (attempting) blues/jazz/pop/ rock/

laugh.gif
I have to agree with this. This is the one I'm using. Got it for 300 off of craiglist. 
I have to disagree with the les paul, sorta. lol. I keep reading they are really crappy and not worth it. Going out of tune all the time and poor quality. Eh, don't take my word for it though, I've personally haven't tried an epiphone les paul.  

Adrain, broseph, have you jammed with an SG son? What about a schecter? Wait, OP, did you buy your guitar yet? It's been 4 moths or so since you made this thread.

Acoustic? You want a steel string or a nylon? Get a classical guitar if you plan to finger pic and a steel string for everything else. 

EDIT- this post is all over the place. lulz.

laugh.gif
I have to agree with this. This is the one I'm using. Got it for 300 off of craiglist. 
I have to disagree with the les paul, sorta. lol. I keep reading they are really crappy and not worth it. Going out of tune all the time and poor quality. Eh, don't take my word for it though, I've personally haven't tried an epiphone les paul.  

Adrain, broseph, have you jammed with an SG son? What about a schecter? Wait, OP, did you buy your guitar yet? It's been 4 moths or so since you made this thread.

Acoustic? You want a steel string or a nylon? Get a classical guitar if you plan to finger pic and a steel string for everything else. 

yea all together.  is there differences in amps too? 

laugh.gif
 at hardcore haha i have been playing for about 8 years, im trying to network and get out there as a session guitarist soon, i had my chance with P Diddy as a guitarist for his Last Train to Paris album studio session but i was 2 months away from graduation so i stayed and graduated. i feel that if the opportunity came once, it can happen again. 

Hendrix Watermelon wrote:
Adrian1221 wrote:

my friend has an epiphone les paul and it sounds okay, i have to get used to its bridge though, cause its high off the wood and im too used to a strat but its okay i guess.

SGs are awesome gibsons to play, are you interested in buying one? and the last time i touched a schecter i wasnt too good so i couldnt give you a legit opinion on how they play lol but i often hit guitar center so ill go and try it out and give you my input.

yea all together.  is there differences in amps too? 

laugh.gif
 at hardcore haha i have been playing for about 8 years, im trying to network and get out there as a session guitarist soon, i had my chance with P Diddy as a guitarist for his Last Train to Paris album studio session but i was 2 months away from graduation so i stayed and graduated. i feel that if the opportunity came once, it can happen again. 

Hendrix Watermelon wrote:
Adrian1221 wrote:

my friend has an epiphone les paul and it sounds okay, i have to get used to its bridge though, cause its high off the wood and im too used to a strat but its okay i guess.

SGs are awesome gibsons to play, are you interested in buying one? and the last time i touched a schecter i wasnt too good so i couldnt give you a legit opinion on how they play lol but i often hit guitar center so ill go and try it out and give you my input.

Sup guys,

I just thought i'd resurrect a thread from the past rather than start a new one.

Like many people had suggested, I picked up a Peavey VYPYR modeling amp. I'm a beginner in the guitar world..but the damn thing is too complicated for me. Thinking about switching to a Roland Micro Cube. Anybody ever use that before? Thanks.

FWIW, i'm using an Epiphone LP-100. Heard that its a great guitar to start in.

Back
Top Bottom