H&M is under fire for racist hoodie

i mean arent geographic borders arbitrary too?

like arent they more political than cultural?

Nope.

Most borders prior to colonisation were based on geography, like rivers and mountains and oceans. And where there werent natural borders disputes usually followed to see who could control the area.

These arbitrary borders you see across the Middle East, South America and Africa were colonial inventions placed bybpeople who had no idea what the facts on the ground were.

Before colonisation things were very different. People who don't come from the Western hemisphere still acknowledge this.

Feel bad for her and hope this doesn't stop her from calling it like it is.

But if I'm being %100 honest. Picturing some wimpy white guy walking up to her mad about a racist h&m ad controversy, saying that to her, and running like a punk made me laugh bit. ....Who does that?

They know what they are doing, and that child's parents should be ashamed of themselves. 2018 and they don't know any better? You can't be that ignorant, :smh:.

Basically this & then :lol: at the lil white kid modeling that survival expert hoodie
Shoulda just switched them around & they woulda been ok

True! That would have been a better option for them. But again, they knew what they were doing.

My friend just revealed to me that her favorite animal is a monkey. She has two twin boys and she says that she always refers to them as her little monkeys and that she regularly gets flak for it if someone overhears her saying it. People are going too damn far imo, dictating what other people call their own children. I wonder if those same people have an issue with the N word being used casually.

People have to step back and not try to force other people to behave/speak the way they want or prefer but as much as my kids or my nieces and nephews may act like monkeys I will always hesitate to call them that because of the history of that term. N-word is different because I feel like there was some sort of effort to make that word less hurtful while monkey/ape/gorilla has been accepted as being unacceptable.

bruh stop with the false comparison

the n word aint yours no more
Lol wut

Speaking of the N word
Screenshot_20180109-130406.jpg

Social media will always find something

They’re Swedish. Probably didn’t think about it. The us and uk sites should’ve never let that be posted.

I’ve seen football matches overseas where the mfs in the audience throw bananas and call black ppl monkeys. No excuse b

People have to step back and not try to force other people to behave/speak the way they want or prefer but as much as my kids or my nieces and nephews may act like monkeys I will always hesitate to call them that because of the history of that term. N-word is different because I feel like there was some sort of effort to make that word less hurtful while monkey/ape/gorilla has been accepted as being unacceptable.
The monkey comparisons are a pretty much universal thing too as far as I know. I can at least personally attest that ape/monkey slurs against black people are also commonly used by racists in Dutch and French. I assume the same goes for other languages.
We don't really have an n-word equivalent in Dutch and I've heard a lot more monkey slurs than the rare handful of times I've heard the n-word. Sports settings also further demonstrate that. Depends on the teams and the location of course but it's not all that uncommon to hear monkey slurs in the stadium at soccer matches. I haven't heard group chants like that but certainly the occasional idiot yelling such slurs. In more extreme cases people have thrown bananas at black players on the opposing team during corner kicks etc, clearly another monkey-related racist gesture. It's a really big issue in the Italian football league and those same kinds of slurs and gestures are frequently reported there.

Surely almost everyone is well aware of the history and connotations of monkey slurs regarding black people. It's probably the most common racial slur used against black people in my experience.

I’ve seen football matches overseas where the mfs in the audience throw bananas and call black ppl monkeys. No excuse b
Exactly. Regardless of the league or country, if there are reports of racist chants and other gestures at football matches you can almost guarantee it involved monkey slurs or bananas in extreme cases. It is by no means something that is unheard of even for those who don't watch sports.

Last edited:
My friend just revealed to me that her favorite animal is a monkey. She has two twin boys and she says that she always refers to them as her little monkeys and that she regularly gets flak for it if someone overhears her saying it. People are going too damn far imo, dictating what other people call their own children. I wonder if those same people have an issue with the N word being used casually.

that's where im sure da original double meaning meant..cute kids and da animal theme...H&M should've ran it back one more time to make sure though...

is it tho? yesterday crimea was its own country now its part of russia right?

israel and palestine?

like just because an arbitrary line was drawn in the sand, yesterday i was palestinian but today im israeli?

do all people from the same geographic area share the same ethnicity?

is it according to ancestors?

im jus asking questions

Back
Top Bottom