H&M is under fire for racist hoodie

So a chinese person can change their ethnicity and become a Hispanic?

Either we are speaking and or reading different languages or y'all are wyling.

It seems that you and other Americans are confused by the term ethnicity.

How in the world can I change my ethnicity when other Africans (who you all group into one) can identify me by nose or skin color.

I don't think you can change your ethnicity the way it's being presented, but yeah it's def differing definitions that is mixing this up :lol: western ideology strikes again

Ninja has never heard of a Black Hispanic...

no one of my culture uses that term.

if you're a black and Hispanic it means you one of your parents is black and one is Latino...as seen in every media description of people that fit da profile.... ya just wanna argue to argue :lol:

I don't think you can change your ethnicity the way it's being presented, but yeah it's def differing definitions that is mixing this up :lol: western ideology strikes again

Man when I found myself arguing with you, I knew it was terminology and nuances.

Ethnicity can be different from different perspectives.

In Africa it's pretty clear cut because we all know our ethnicities. Across country lines and sometimes racial borders, we speak a common language. Anyone who doesn't is other.

That's the thing... he cannot differentiate race and nationality/ethnicity.

It comical because it doesn't make sense.

Son if someone says your black it doesn't mean they're calling you African American. It doesn't mean you aren't latino.

Race, nationality, ethnicity are three different words.

nationality/ethnicity.

oh i can, but what you refuse to believe is Hispanic world, we don't cut each other up by skin gradients da way folks here in America do.

i told u 3 times already ethnicity and nationality play a more integral roles then actual race% breakdowns.

What's your ethnicity that doesn't happen to be your nationality? Lol

where's da punch line? u brought da hammer wit no nails...try again :lol:

I dead *** have no idea if Dominicans are both hispanic and latino, I just know the search function on here is fire and I was listening to Blueprint2 :lol:

Man when I found myself arguing with you, I knew it was terminology and nuances.

Ethnicity can be different from different perspectives.

In Africa it's pretty clear cut because we all know our ethnicities. Across country lines and sometimes racial borders, we speak a common language. Anyone who doesn't is other.

Figured that was the problem. See that's another example of social construction right there. Same phrases yet we have differing ideas of what they are.

Btw Dominicans are both Hispanic and Latino. Hispanic means Spanish speaking while Latino was a term created by the French to include their colonies into Latin based speaking America. The Spanish took it and here we have ninja acting like he the culture when the term was created for Haitians

oh i can, but what you refuse to believe is Hispanic world, we don't cut each other up by skin gradients da way folks here in America do.

i told u 3 times already ethnicity and nationality play a more integral roles then actual race% breakdowns.

so what is colorism?

racial or ethnic discrimination?

I know many Africans, Dominicans, Cubans etc who identify as Black or Afro Latino.

http://people.com/chica/amara-la-negra-dominican-singer-love-and-hip-hop-afro-latina/

My friend is an educated and cultured Dominican dude from Wash Heights that now lives here in Cali as a graphic designer. He definitely identifies as both black and Latino. Just goes to show that two people can come from the same background, but one can end up as a decent human being while the other ends up as a joke.

Back
Top Bottom