H&M is under fire for racist hoodie

Anecdotal evidence does not disprove the rampant housing discrimination that takes place in America.

There have been tons of books written on the subject, entire fields of study dedicated to it, a major Civil Rights bill was written to fight against it, and economist still regard it has one of the main drivers of inequality.

So I suggest you educate yourself about the subject and don't rely on your bubble to inform for all your opinions.

Especially regarding black people

I completely understand how some people can be uninformed regarding the history and realities of this country, especially since a lot of it gets left out from classrooms or gets white washed. But when people that have been directly affected by it are explaining it to you, and you respond with "Well, I don't see that happening in my community, so it's not a real issue", that's just being stubborn and ignorant like the typical dumb @#$ Trump supporting American that doesn't leave his or her 5 block radius.

I too want to know how ANYONE comes to the conclusion that there isn't similar outcry for black on black crime.

But that always an easy cop out response to diminish the value of a current isse

I too want to know how ANYONE comes to the conclusion that there isn't similar outcry for black on black crime.

But that always an easy cop out response to diminish the value of a current isse

It can't be happening if the major news is broadcasting it or if the hashtag hasn't made it to their side of social media. If they don't see it as much as the bigger stories, NOTHING is happening. Willfully blind and proud about it

It can't be happening if the major news is broadcasting it or if the hashtag hasn't made it to their side of social media. If they don't see it as much as the bigger stories, NOTHING is happening. Willfully blind and proud about it

It's like how people say "What has Kaepernick done for the black community" when he's donated hundreds of thousands of dollars, has held countless workshops, and has brought awareness to many issues that people don't get to see every day. All it takes is a 2 second Google, but people will still say "selfish millionaire athlete that should leave the US if he doesn't like it here"

It's like how people say "What has Kaepernick done for the black community" when he's donated hundreds of thousands of dollars, has held countless workshops, and has brought awareness to many issues that people don't get to see every day. All it takes is a 2 second Google, but people will still say "selfish millionaire athlete that should leave the US if he doesn't like it here"

Or asking "What are they protesting?"
Sad part about it is that they don't NEED to research it because they don't really care, they just want the initial conversation to stop being had

Or asking "What are they protesting?"
Sad part about it is that they don't NEED to research it because they don't really care, they just want the initial conversation to stop being had

To them standing for a song is way more important than the good him and the other players are doing.

I cut H&M off awhile ago for just being overall trash but this is just one more reason.

And I second whoever said where was this kids parents to shoot this down from start. No way in hell im letting my kid take that photo.

It's not like "but I didn't know black people are often targeted by ape/monkey slurs and imagery would be a good excuse. That's pretty much a universal thing. Either these people thought they could get away with it or they are very incompetent at marketing and PR. I suppose the latter is possible too, some white folks are utterly ignorant about race relations. I think it's reasonable to say that either way someone should get fired for this. Certainly whoever picked the black kid to model the hoodie and whoever had the final say in releasing the imagery.

People do reach to find racial angles... it wasn't hard this time though. I honestly don't feel like this was a coincidence.

I don't feel no way bout them making that hoodie. But I would look at black ppl sideways for putting that on their kid. Clothes make statements. So one should be aware of the statements they make.

It can be both.

But what I'm saying is that literally every company that makes baby clothing has a version of this... My kid has to have at least 15 different pieces of clothing with a monkey and a saying on it... That's just how baby clothes are... Again, the company and the advertising of the hoody is probably racist... But the hoody is not...

Love when white people try to tell us how we supposed to feel

Back
Top Bottom