Halo 4 Thread| The Pit Returns Aug.20

I don't think it will be like that...the HLS only protects you from the front and appears to disperse as it takes damage.
I'm really excited for this game.
Your shields don't recharge when the HLS is out either. At least that's how it is in the Campaign.

The thing about load outs is that it makes the game boring. You shoot, you die, repeat. I hate COD because that all you do, spawn, look for place to camp, die, repeat. Older halos had their own style gameplay, which was fun, now it's becoming a lot more linear. Halo 4 does look good and I will be picking it up but it it's anything like Reach, I'll drop it in a week

The thing about load outs is that it makes the game boring. You shoot, you die, repeat. I hate COD because that all you do, spawn, look for place to camp, die, repeat. Older halos had their own style gameplay, which was fun, now it's becoming a lot more linear. Halo 4 does look good and I will be picking it up but it it's anything like Reach, I'll drop it in a week

I mean it also depends on the type of players too.

They have people that camp around corners with shotguns crouch walking in Halo.

You have the sword sprinters all types of nonsense.

I think they got it right with Halo 3... although many say Halo 2 was the best I never got to play that one online so I can't speak on it.

A lot of people complained about bubble shields and the regenerators when Halo 3 dropped just like we complain about the armor abilities in Reach.

NicktheStick... do you have to lead your shots on a moving target like you did in Halo 3 or is it like Halo 2 where if you shoot where the reticle is at that's where the bullets register to.

Yo nick whats your GT ( i might have ya on my list but i cant remember ) everyone i kno from my way plays COD to and hate the Halo series. But ill be on for the multiplayer when it releases if ya tryna play

NicktheStick... do you have to lead your shots on a moving target like you did in Halo 3 or is it like Halo 2 where if you shoot where the reticle is at that's where the bullets register to.
The BR and DMR are hitscan, and snipers same as its always been, basically hitscan unless youre going for a shot thats so far that you wouldnt be able to see the guy anyways. No idea what the promethean guns are like but it wont really matter, BR and DMR are going to rule the game like always along with the power weapons.

Equipment bothered me when it first came out (Regens on Isolation in particular) but I got used to them and try to keep one in the back pocket all the time now. Theyre nothing compared to AA's though. I've only used Sprint and Evade, I dont feel comfortable using the other ones and I use Bumper Jumper so I couldnt even use Jetpack if I wanted to.

Last edited:
Sad to say I will not be coppin Halo 4
embarassed.gif

Being as I sold my 360

Yo nick whats your GT ( i might have ya on my list but i cant remember ) everyone i kno from my way plays COD to and hate the Halo series. But ill be on for the multiplayer when it releases if ya tryna play

Yeah same with me... well noone I know even plays video games online due to them being career criminals :smh:

That's one thing I always hated about playing online alone when you run into a team you get slaughtered even if you yourself did good.

Same thing applies with COD.

The BR and DMR are hitscan, and snipers same as its always been, basically hitscan unless youre going for a shot thats so far that you wouldnt be able to see the guy anyways. No idea what the promethean guns are like but it wont really matter, BR and DMR are going to rule the game like always along with the power weapons

Thanks

I mean it also depends on the type of players too.
They have people that camp around corners with shotguns crouch walking in Halo.
You have the sword sprinters all types of nonsense.
I think they got it right with Halo 3... although many say Halo 2 was the best I never got to play that one online so I can't speak on it.
A lot of people complained about bubble shields and the regenerators when Halo 3 dropped just like we complain about the armor abilities in Reach.
Don't have to lead your targets. If the reticle is red, the bullets are gonna hit the guy no matter how far away he is.

Word I'm always tellin my friends to get into Halo but they think it's gay for some reason :lol:. My GT is nickthestick2st send me a request.

PEOPLE ARE FORGETTING THERE WILL BE SLAYER PRO THAT IS A BAREBONES GAME IF YOU DON'T LIKE ALL THE EXTRA HOOPLA. I ASSUME MOST SERIOUS PLAYERS WILL BE IN THE SLAYER PRO PLAYLIST.

MAN I HOPE THEY ANNOUNCE THAT SKILL BASED RANKING IS BACK IN THE GAME....

I have question for the people who have been watching forward unto dawn. Where exactly does it fall in the halo timeline? I would assume it's before reach since John-117 isn't the only Spartan present.

It happens around where the UNSC are still fighting the Insurrectionist and first makes contact with the Covenant

Last edited:
It happens around where the UNSC are still fighting the Insurrectionist and first makes contact with the Covenant

I'm aware of that but are these events before the start of Halo Reach? I've never heard of the UNSC battling insurrectionists. Is that something that takes place in the books? I'm wondering how all this actually ties into Halo 4.

I'm aware of that but are these events before the start of Halo Reach? I've never heard of the UNSC battling insurrectionists. Is that something that takes place in the books? I'm wondering how all this actually ties into Halo 4.

I BELIEVE THESE EVENTS IN THE SHOW ARE TAKING PLACE AT THE SAME TIME AS HALO REACH AND YES THE UNSC BATTLING INSURRECTIONISTS IS IN THE FIRST HALO BOOK. THIS WAS THE WAR THAT WAS GOING ON BEFORE THE COVENANT BECAME WIDELY KNOWN TO EVERYONE THAT THEY EXISTED.

Man I played Halo 2 for 5 feakin years :lol:
Halo 3 and Reach were okay but for some reason i just loved Halo 2, it was so grimy
Looking forward to playing Halo 4 but i ain't got no friends...someone add me! I

GT - Sam Menace

i started playing Reach a bit, slayer sucks but i like SWAT a lot but damn that game gives me terrible headaches :x

Lasky is grown up in Halo 4. He's one of the head honchos on The Infinity.

Last edited:
[h2]Announcing the Halo 4 War Games Pass[/h2]
http://download.xbox.com/content/images/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d8024d530919/1033/boxartsm.jpg[/img]  343 Industries has announced the ‘Halo 4’ War Games Pass.

Here are the details from the press release that just went out:
[table][tr][td] [/td][/tr][/table]
With the highly anticipated launch of “Halo 4” on Nov. 6 less than two weeks away, Microsoft and 343 Industries today unveiled that there will be more content to come in the months post-launch, and the “Halo 4” War Games Map Pass is your ticket to getting it all at a 15 percent discount. Stoking the excitement for launch, 343 Industries also premiered the gameplay launch trailer for “Halo 4, available now on Halo Waypoint.

Retailing for $24.99 USD[sup]2[/sup]  (2,000 Microsoft Points), the “Halo 4” War Games Map Pass confirms your access to three War Games map packs as they become available in December, February and April, and represents a savings of more than 15 percent versus purchasing the packs individually. In addition, Map Pass purchasers will receive two bonus in-game helmets, as well as a unique in-game emblem.
[table][tr][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td] [/td][/tr][/table]
Exploring new worlds and wonders, all three Map Packs provide classic “Halo” combat and exciting ways to experience the new feature-set of “Halo” Infinity Multiplayer. Descriptions and tentative release dates are as follows:

Crimson Map Pack  (December release timeframe)
Maps: Wreckage, Harvest, Shatter

Description: Witness the chaos of a clash of civilizations in Wreckage, with its blend of claustrophobic spaces and dangerous exposures and venture into the human colony environs of Harvest, and explore a human foray on an alien moon in Shatter.
Majestic Map Pack (February release timeframe)

Maps: Landfall, Monolith, Skyline

Description: Landfall’s emphasis is on infantry battles against a glittering ocean on a distant world, while Monolith exposes you to the naked vacuum of space – and the firepower of opposing teams, and Skyline’s distinctly industrial feel provides new challenges in somewhat familiar, but occasionally confined spaces.

Castle Map Pack (April release timeframe)

Maps: Daybreak, Outcast, Perdition

Description: Daybreak is set in a military facility against the backdrop of an idyllic mountain range, while Outcast plunges you into the warrens, canyons and arches of an alien edifice, and Perdition takes players into the heart of an urban sprawl, with tactical speed and situational awareness its key features.

Also included in the “Halo 4” War Games Map Pass are two unique in-game helmets (‘Scanner’ and ‘Strider’) that feature new geometry, and an exclusive in-game emblem (‘Falcon’). The “Halo 4” War Games Map Pass is included as part of the Halo 4 Limited Edition.

Update: I’ve uploaded some concept art to my Skydrive
Crimson Map Pack (December release timeframe)
Wreckage:  Witness the chaos of a clash of civilizations
Harvest:  venture into the human colony environs of Harvest
Shatter:  explore a human foray on an alien moon

Majestic Map Pack (February release timeframe)
Landfall:  emphasis is on infantry battles against a glittering ocean on a distant world
Monolith:  exposes you to the naked vacuum of space and the firepower of opposing teams
Skyline:  distinctly industrial feel provides new challenges in somewhat familiar, but occasionally confined spaces.

Castle Map Pack (April release timeframe)
Daybreak:  a military facility against the backdrop of an idyllic mountain range
Outcast:  plunges you into the warrens, canyons and arches of an alien edifice
Perdition:  takes players into the heart of an urban sprawl, with tactical speed and situational awareness its key features.

Click the links for pics.

SMH map packs already announced? You already started building the maps but somehow they couldnt be included in the box... OH...

Rumors of some remakes coming are flying around as well so I guess I cant be too mad

They are really imitating the CoD franchise at every turn.

I'm not saying that's a bad thing, but I hope it doesn't kill that unique Halo feeling.

SMH map packs already announced? You already started building the maps but somehow they couldnt be included in the box... OH...

Rumors of some remakes coming are flying around as well so I guess I cant be too mad

qft. smh

Last edited:
THE MAP PACK CONCEPT ART LOOKS AMAZING.

REALLY INTERESTED IN THE MONOLITH MAP AND IF IT WILL HAVE ZERO G ASPECTS.

:pimp:

cool, show the actual maps tho. seems like they are all huge... i dont think ill be buying any unless this game is so damn good that i need to buy them which i doubt.

Back
Top Bottom