Halo 4 Thread| The Pit Returns Aug.20

The best thing about H2 was the ranking system and icons imo...I hated doing bad and losing because i knew I would lose my cool icon and rank. And don't even get me started on how much better sniping was on H2 :smokin

halo has defiantly been ruined, that is a fact. with that said a ruined halo 2 is still not a bad game because the bar was up so high. halo 2 (a little bit 3) had something that made it special, last long, and was just enjoyable to play. Reach........ wow............... they just tried way too hard to steal COD fanboys and forgot about the others. i haven't played 4 yet so i cant rate it but ive said it before, if its anything like reach the disc will be given to my dog and tha'tll be that. unlike some people i wont go in with a closed mind, im hoping for it to be great.

Do you guys play games to have fun or to look at your rank?

Last edited:
Do you guys play games to have fun or look at your rank?

its called having a goal. yeah it may not matter to some people but playing knowing that your losses count for something changes everything. reach was just a bunch of people quitting out 2mins in because it didn't count for anything. just makes it more competitive = more fun

Last edited:

Dawg, I basically grew up playing Halo. From H1-Reach, I've stuck with them. The ranking system is what keeps me interested.. working towards that 50 is what kept me playing Halo 3 so much with my friends. We had a sick team that destroyed in MLG, Slayer, and I had some friends who loved SWAT.

As much as I hate to admit it, if there isn't something that stands out and makes me keep wanting to play this game (multiplayer wise), I will be on CoD a lot more than this game after a few weeks. Bungie is gone now, and 343 better realize that Reach was nowhere near a huge success. They need to go back to Bungie's roots and steal some base ideas from there and make this game DIFFERENT from CoD rather than stealing from them. If I want to play CoD then I'll put it in. There's a reason why H2 put FPSs on the map. Reach needs to find out why that game is so loved.

Right now it just seems like they're too concerned with making money and 1-up ing Infinity Ward and Treyarch with little details and features, rather than focusing on making this a successful HALO game. It kills me. I'd rather them have me come in and help make the game than the fools they have who think that everyone wants a different type of CoD.

/rant.

Fun to other people is getting a high rank and seeing how high they can personally get.. Fun to them may not be fun to you.. But no one is telling you how to play so how they choose to have play is up to them broham

I have fun in competing and WINNING to inch myself closer to that goal of highest rank. Actually having to be skilled and progress as you play really is something I enjoyed. There was no way a level 5 in Team Slayer was going to survive in a lobby full of people who have 47s in MLG. In Halo 3, the rank ACTUALLY meant something.

I've been playing Reach lately to dust off a bit and I'm destroying Legends, Novas, and all the other high ranks like they're little kids. They probably are, and have been playing a lot, but I'm just a better player. I'm getting matched into MLG matches with people who don't even know the mechanics of how to play an objective game type. This is happening because their rank is near mine (now Colonel) so they match up.

The number rank plays a bigger role than just "looking at it". Trust me. It means that I'm actually good enough to have achieved the highest rank in the game, not that I've played for 356 days since the game came out.

WELL THEY SAY TRUE SKILL RANKING IS IN THE GAME....

IT JUST ISN'T VISIBLE TO YOU WHAT YOUR TRUE RANK IS.

WE WILL SEE HOW THIS PLAYS OUT. I WANT HALO 4 TO BE GOOD. I REALLY DO.

I'VE FELT LIKE SUCH A TRAITOR EVER SINCE I SWITCHED OVER TO COD THE SECOND WEEK AFTER REACH CAME OUT :lol:

I'VE BEEN WITH HALO SINCE THE HALO 1

I'VE FELT LIKE SUCH A TRAITOR EVER SINCE I SWITCHED OVER TO COD THE SECOND WEEK AFTER REACH CAME OUT :lol:

I'm in the exact same boat.

And PLVN, the population isn't even big enough for me to find decent games in the ranked playlists. Besides, I'm already high enough in all the playlists, I want to restart on a new game, ALA Halo 4 hopefully. =\

Everyone has already said it a bunch of times but ranking up was a part of the fun. Playing on your rank as well.

I'VE FELT LIKE SUCH A TRAITOR EVER SINCE I SWITCHED OVER TO COD THE SECOND WEEK AFTER REACH CAME OUT
laugh.gif

Invisible Trueskill is a bunch of crap. It doesnt work because unlike visible, the restrictions are basically lifted. The search makes finding quick games a priority over matching according to skill level and it just made it not work at all. You could technically be a 50 in something and it wouldnt matter cause you'd get matched up against ones. In Reach there were only 2 playlists where they tightened it up and those were MLG and Squad Slayer.

I have no idea why they can not copy the halo 2 formula again. They are scared of the boosters and standbyers but that is a low percentage of the population.

How are they gonna take out assualt and put so much effort into griffball and and infection? :smh:

They will know how they messed up by the end of the year. The people that don't care about ranks don't really play as much as the hardcore players that do. They wont have that loyal fanbase that keeps playing for years due to lack of rank just like how it happened with Reach.

Arena was a half assed attempt to appease that people that like ranked games. Bungie and 343 are aiming for that COD population but they will not get it since COD does that type of casual gameplay better than them

Last edited:
It's not about needing to see a number to have fun. The thing that made Halo 2 a great game was how competitive it was. No matter the game type you had full teams working together, and communicating to achieve the ultimate goal of ranking up. Clans were going hard, the game was just amazing. You couldn't just pop the disc in and unlock things because you've been playing for a certain amount of hours. It took actual effort. When you log on and you see how much work your boys have been putting in while you were at school, or work it gives you that extra incentive. Reach wasn't competitive so I hated it.

I was just reminded of the AWFUL AWFUL betrayal booting system from Reach.

I really hope that isn't returning.

You guys didn't like Arena?

laugh.gif
I didnt, it got annoying having to play to earn back the rank I had last time. The fun of playing ranked playlists was removed when you could easily vault your way up and have no reason to play and maintain. If you didnt play someone might pass you and take your spot but what did it matter, it was all gone in a month anyway.
I have no idea why they can not copy the halo 2 formula again. They are scared of the boosters and standbyers but that is a low percentage of the population.

How are they gonna take out assualt and put so much effort into griffball and and infection?
mean.gif

They will know how they messed up by the end of the year. The people that don't care about ranks don't really play as much as the hardcore players that do. They wont have that loyal fanbase that keeps playing for years due to lack of rank just like how it happened with Reach.

Arena was a half assed attempt to appease that people that like ranked games. Bungie and 343 are aiming for that COD population but they will not get it since COD does that type of casual gameplay better than them
Strong This
It's not about needing to see a number to have fun. The thing that made Halo 2 a great game was how competitive it was. No matter the game type you had full teams working together, and communicating to achieve the ultimate goal of ranking up. Clans were going hard, the game was just amazing. You couldn't just pop the disc in and unlock things because you've been playing for a certain amount of hours. It took actual effort. When you log on and you see how much work your boys have been putting in while you were at school, or work it gives you that extra incentive. Reach wasn't competitive so I hated it.
Yup and the only way to create this kind of environment is to have ranked playlists. THE ONLY WAY.

Can't wait for this game. I've bought and beat every Halo game so far that's released on the xbox.

I really want to get the Halo 4 console as well, but I don't want to go through the hassle of getting rid of my Slim and all of that.

Just a heads up, IGN will be releasing their Halo 4 review tonight. 3AM Eastern I believe. I'll be checking it out at work tomorrow.

omg.. i just watched the review... dude said, "best halo of all time." "best xbox game of 2012." "best video game on any system in 2012."
WOW.
:smokin
iLLest!

IGN tends to be a little over the top with Halo. I'm hoping what they say is true though.

Back
Top Bottom